Black People : Not All Of Us Are Gonna Make It

This remind mind me of that older co-worker I mentioned yesterday when I commented on the "12 Years a Slave" thread. He was so frightened of what YT thought, that he was scared to drive his new car to work, and instead drove an old small Dodson...and he was almost 6' 3".

He used to also caution me and a few other younger brothers about dressing too nice at work, but I never even wore a suit on the job. I truly don't believe he even had a new car, because although he was the highest paid black person in our division, he had nine kids with different women, not to mention his grandchildren.

But to be still spreading that kind of fear to young blacks, I found rather disturbing.

Although I've heard **** Gregory tell similar stories about not being able to drive your new car to work in the past, when it comes to what you're describing in Phoenix, it seems like YT would have came hunting them down anyway sooner or later, regardless of what Muhammad Ali did.

I just don't believe black people hiding their wealth is a good long-term solution; not even a good short-term solution today. Material things will fade away anyhow if you have to give up your freedom to have them. If you defend your God given freedom, you tend to hold on to your material possessions, or they seem to come back to you double if you lose them.
Are YOU joking buying a brand new car instead of continuing to have grief with my lovable but tempermental 12 year old car cost me my best job/contract EVER doing Design Integration at the Photocopier Research and Development for Xerox here in the UK at Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire?

Isn’t ANYONE who genuinely believes they are not programmed
graphically illustrating that their programming is COMPLETE?

This remind mind me of that older co-worker I mentioned yesterday when I commented on the "12 Years a Slave" thread. He was so frightened of what YT thought, that he was scared to drive his new car to work, and instead drove an old small Dodson...and he was almost 6' 3". He used to also caution me and a few other younger brothers about dressing too nice at work, but I never even wore a suit on the job. I truly don't believe he even had a new car, because although he was the highest paid black person in our division, he had nine kids with different women, not to mention his grandchildren. But to be still spreading that kind of fear to young blacks, I found rather disturbing.

Although I've heard **** Gregory tell similar stories about not being able to drive your new car to work in the past, when it comes to what you're describing in Phoenix, it seems like YT would have came hunting them down anyway sooner or later, regardless of what Muhammad Ali did.

I just don't believe black people hiding their wealth is a good long-term solution; not even a good short-term solution today. Material things will fade away anyhow if you have to give up your freedom to have them. If you defend your God given freedom, you tend to hold on to your material possessions, or they seem to come back to you double if you lose them.

Well, I can't honestly say that yt wouldn't have come a'huntin eventually, myself--mainly because *integration* nationwide pretty much shredded most all of our prior segregated communities, so why not Phoenix's communities, too--but I do remember the times I'm posting about--particularly here, in Phx.

This town's Negro population was TIGHT! Organized. Cohesive and protective, too. My parents and their peers were deeply impacted by what had happened to the Oklahoma contingent (the Gappers) who moved to Az, and thus, there was alot of prosperity spread around the segregated Negro hoods *here* in Phx as a direct result of finding strategies that kept yt OUT of our peoples' business. Many Negroes *hid* as much of what they had worked to earn and 'weren't killed' (weren't murdered) for their material successes. Negroes OWNED a great deal of what sustained us in our parts of town--back in those days. This means that JEWS didn't own none of it. YT didn't own none of it. Nothing that mattered, for sure.

The trade off (collective wisdom) was to *not flaunt OWNERSHIP* of land, homes, businesses (when you get to the nitty-gritty of what you and I are now posting about). This meant yt *on his side of the Salt River* and us on *our side*.

The strategies (collective wisdom) *worked* and (of ALL things), was in large part based on the tragedy of Black Wallstreet's destruction--and on the lessons learned from that destruction.

One Love, and PEACE

Well, I can't honestly say that yt wouldn't have come a'huntin eventually, myself--mainly because *integration* nationwide pretty much shredded most all of our prior segregated communities, so why not Phoenix's communities, too--but I do remember the times I'm posting about--particularly here, in Phx.

This town's Negro population was TIGHT! Organized. Cohesive and protective, too. My parents and their peers were deeply impacted by what had happened to the Oklahoma contingent (the Gappers) who moved to Az, and thus, there was alot of prosperity spread around the segregated Negro hoods *here* in Phx as a direct result of finding strategies that kept yt OUT of our peoples' business. Many Negroes *hid* as much of what they had worked to earn and 'weren't killed' for their material successes. Negroes OWNED a great deal of what sustained us in our parts of town--back in those days. This means that JEWS didn't own none of it. YT didn't own none of it.

The trade off (collective wisdom) was to *not flaunt OWNERSHIP* of land, homes, businesses (when you get to the nitty-gritty of what you and I are now posting about). This meant yt *on his side of the Salt River* and us on *our side*.

The strategies (collective wisdom) *worked* and (of ALL things), was in large part based on the tragedy of Black Wallstreet's destruction--and on the lessons learned from that destruction.

One Love, and PEACE

myself--mainly because *integration* nationwide pretty much shredded most all of our prior segregated communities
It seems like slavery was integration, when you view it in that context, because we are still systematically enslaved to a large degree.

But on the other hand, you may want to checkout Dr. Claude Andersons' explanation of integration, which changed my mind on how we define it. He says black folks only thought they were fighting for integration, however they were really fighting for inclusion. He's says the proper way to integrate is to build your own, then integrate when you have something of value to bring to the table. What we did was get tricked into fighting for inclusion, not interrogation. That's why we're in trouble now. On that note, I never did understand those sit-ins by those young college students. If they're throwing coffee in your face and spitting on you because you want to eat their food, think of what they're going to put in your coffee when they actually do serve you. It just doesn't make any common sense to me. No wonder we get all the bad food.

This town's Negro population was TIGHT! Organized. Cohesive and protective, too. My parents and their peers were deeply impacted by what had happened to the Oklahoma contingent (the Gappers) who moved to Az, and thus, there was alot of prosperity spread around the segregated Negro hoods *here* in Phx as a direct result of finding strategies that kept yt OUT of our peoples' business. Many Negroes *hid* as much of what they had worked to earn and 'weren't killed' for their material successes. Negroes OWNED a great deal of what sustained us in our parts of town--back in those days. This means that JEWS didn't own none of it. YT didn't own none of it.

It sounds like you're saying if it wasn't for integration, they never would have been able to interfere with the progress of blacks there in Phoenix, which does make since when I realize we were really fighting for inclusion instead.

It seems like slavery was integration, when you view it in that context, because we are still systematically enslaved to a large degree.

But on the other hand, you may want to checkout Dr. Claude Andersons' explanation of integration, which changed my mind on how we define it. He says black folks only thought they were fighting for integration, however they were really fighting for inclusion. He's says the proper way to integrate is to build your own, then integrate when you have something of value to bring to the table. What we did was get tricked into fighting for inclusion, not interrogation. That's why we're in trouble now. On that note, I never did understand those sit-ins by those young college students. If they're throwing coffee in your face and spitting on you because you want to eat their food, think of what they're going to put in your coffee when they actually do serve you. It just doesn't make any common sense to me. No wonder we get all the bad food.

It sounds like you're saying if it wasn't for integration, they never would have been able to interfere with the progress of blacks there in Phoenix, which does make since when I realize we were really fighting for inclusion instead.
What we did was get tricked into fighting for inclusion, not interrogation
Correction: integration.

Bandung or Gary in 1972 were not bad ideas by any means. However for us at this time small scale work at local levels may be more productive and such work can make another large scale conference more productive if we all agree to do it. I think it is better to accomplish some useful things prior to a national gathering rather than using a national gathering first to spur local action.

For whatever reason, we seemed to have a slight disconnect on what is not being suggested (a national gathering), offered or proposed, in terms of using the Bandung conference as a model to study and galvanized our local grassroots infrastructure; nevertheless, the take away for me, is that you think the concept is couched in a good idea. This is certainly better than the first understanding I received from this:

At this stage in history conferences like Bandung or NBPC may not be practical or needed. Different factions at the local level need to connect in an effort to identify issues, solutions, and develop plans for action.

Keep in mind however, different factions at the local level are the grassroots efforts or infrastructure already in place and working; they just are not identifying issues, solutions nor developing plans for action, as you say, and they need to connect. In other words, have a conference similar to Bandung, from my perspective.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back