Black People : Not All Of Us Are Gonna Make It

Jahari Kavi

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 12, 2008
Houston, Texas
Occupation
Self Development
I hate saying this...I really do, because I love Black people. But those of us who don't even notice racism when it occurs or can't even acknowledge that it does exist....There may come a day that these people will need to be banished from the community. You don't have to have some fancy college degree to know that racism exists. We don't even have to see eye to eye on everything, but there are some very "basic" things that you've got to understand. A lot of us don't even understand "it" after having it explained to us by other Black folks who truly care about one another. I've come to accept the fact that not all of us can be taught, because some of us are too far gone. We can't save everyone and to be honest there are some of us who may not even be worth saving....I hate saying this, but it pains me to break down to someone how racism impacts their lives and then they choose to ignore it (for whatever reason). Some will just have to suffer the consequences of the choices they've made.....

It's interesting you bring up Malcolm, but even his autobiography you could tell that there were some things that he "got." There are some of us who are in complete denial....It's not the same thing.....Not to mention Malcolm was still young then. There are grown adults who have had plenty of time to figure things out and for most of them it is too late.......Bad example...come again....

I hate saying this...I really do, because I love Black people. But those of us who don't even notice racism when it occurs or can't even acknowledge that it does exist....There may come a day that these people will need to be banished from the community. You don't have to have some fancy college degree to know that racism exists. We don't even have to see eye to eye on everything, but there are some very "basic" things that you've got to understand. A lot of us don't even understand "it" after having it explained to us by other Black folks who truly care about one another. I've come to accept the fact that not all of us can be taught, because some of us are too far gone. We can't save everyone and to be honest there are some of us who may not even be worth saving....I hate saying this, but it pains me to break down to someone how racism impacts their lives and then they choose to ignore it (for whatever reason). Some will just have to suffer the consequences of the choices they've made.....

:goodpost: ... Which underscores the reason for this project;

http://destee.com/index.php?threads/group-think-progress-reports-feedback.53953/page-75#post-843357

in hopes of softening the effects of attrition that could very well affect the community to which you speak truth to power.

brown_h0rnet
WARRIOR
Destee

Racism is subtle and manifested in many ways from getting a loan to the criminal justice system and employment bias. Instead of writing off anyone we have to reach out to one another in spite of our differences. This will is very difficult but it is necessary. Its so important to remember that all of have our issues to deal with so time, patience, and compassion are essential.

Moreover racism and economic injustice are not the only threats we face. Drugs, gun violence, fatherless families, and even AIDS are destroying lives, and low income brothers and sisters are being the hardest hit. We must overcome our class divisions and recommit ourselves to community engagement.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back