Black People : Not a Happy Birthday for Dr King

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Ndugu, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Ndugu

Ndugu Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +98
    I grew up as a child in the 60s a teen in the 70s and young adult in the 80s, I do not recall hearing about modern day lynchings and mind you before the internet, the Black community nationally had over 7 times as much grassroots based print media nd TV shows like Like It Is, Black Journal and the McCreary report, all since the 70s , that would have reported such incidents if they did occur!
    See, the Black Panther party, the real Black Panther party where always in the community, not just as a detterent to police brutality but to lynching as well, so all due respect, where has this so called "New Black Panther Party been for the past 2 years, since that Nut Job racist , has been in the White House and Black folks catching all kinds of physical and economic hell??
    And not just then but for a minute now , for instance, the real Black Panther Party would have had crowd funding from Black churches and their offices in every major city, to get the 50 thousand of the Black community, under the sink and shower filters by now https://atlantablackstar.com/2015/0...-empowering-than-federal-government-programs/

8 Black Panther Party Programs That Were More Empowering Than Federal Government Programs

The Breakfast Program The free breakfast for schoolchildren program was set up in Berkeley, California, inĀ 1968 by Bobby Seale and Huey P. Newton. It was the first significant community program organized by the Panthers, and perhaps the most well...
    atlantablackstar.com

As well as maintained a safe environment for the community , note th article is dated 2015 and does not include the recent lynchings of Black folks in the past 2 years https://rollingout.com/2015/03/21/5-horrific-modern-day-lynchings-blacks-america/

5 horrific modern-day lynchings of Blacks in America

Although racial lynching is often viewed as a thing of the past, there have been several cases where Blacks have been lynched in modern times. Here are five horrific modern-day lynchings of Black people by the hands of racists.
    rollingout.com

2. Ndugu

United States
    Ratings:
    +98
    I want to see a change in the conditions of the lives of Black people! There have been thousands of little groups doing this and that , since the 90s , yet our situation is getting worse, so what does that tell you???

3. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +15,221
    they say, be the change that you want to see.....

4. Symbol of America

Symbol of America going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    RET: EMS & TPD
    Ratings:
    +1,172
    Ndugu your passion is evident. I feel there is much to be learned from you. Destee would truly be enriched if you started your own blog. Think about it.

5. ogoun

ogoun Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +650
    word

6. ogoun

United States
    Ratings:
    +650
    That things are getting worse and things will probably only get worser.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/28/...html?action=click&module=News&pgtype=Homepage
    If I may borrow a phrase from brother James.........be the change that you want to see.

7. Ndugu

United States
    Ratings:
    +98
    they say alot of things, but only White supremacy wants to tell Black folks that collective effort is not important !
    I dont know if you have noticed , but they have increased unity and attacks on Civil Rights and physical attacks, while we have less unity, in the past 2 years!
    Maybe thats the problem, they think like a collective, while we talk about "well why dont you as one person do something" without knowing what that person has done and been doing for the past 30 years!

8. ogoun

United States
    Ratings:
    +650
    So don't listen to white supremacy.
    Listen to the thousands of little groups doing this and that. They ain't do it for fun. They do in it because it makes a difference in the place where they live.
    You think it's only worth while if what they do is nation or world wide? Where do you think the Black Panthers would have gone if when they started they thought it only worthwhile if it be done nation wide?
    I'll tell ya, they'd still be kick'n around the street sip'n 45's on the door stoop complaining about this and that and what should be done.

9. Ndugu

United States
    Ratings:
    +98
    my brother , I was referring to the past 25 years!

10. Ndugu

United States
    Ratings:
    +98
    A President that looked like us gave us 8 years, 8 years to prepare a just in case plan just in case another racist nut job, millionaire , got into office after his term was over, and tried to destroy the Civil rights Dr King worked hard to get for us just like those 4 , did !
    Had we done that , we would not be having this convo, or seeing the hell the Black community has been catching in the past 2 years, we would have been prepared for it , and had a national protection from it [​IMG]