Black People : Norwegian AHW

Ikoro

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 23, 2006
Peace fam.

Just want to update you on extra-United Snakes happenings, the movement is global. Just watch.

Afrikan History Week (Norway) is on for our third year (big up), and we've got quite a few things happening.

As I am typing our youth-workshop, Jump Up is off the hook. We've got dance (afrikan, streetdance, breakdance and dancehall) and spoken word (poetry, storytelling, rhymes'n'riddim, rap) workshops.

We've got a film festival coming up (called Eye Behold) on sunday and monday (ALL FREE :)) with some 10-15 great movies, and Brother Owen Shahadah who did 500 years later is here to speak about his new release which is also on the festival. A Sister from Cuba is here to speak about Afrikans in Cuba and she is screening her movie Roots of My heart ("raices me corazon" or something in spanish).

AND, we've got Honorable Elder Molefi Kete Asante comming over to speak at our Indaba seminar. YEAH!

For our hip-hop event, called Streep Prophets we've got Kalamashaka from the Ukooflauni Mau-Mau collective from Kenya and a bunch of local acts from Norway such as STL, RAW (righteous Afrikan Warrior), Danny, Sunz of Afrika ++.

We've got Sister Oneness (poet) and Olumide (poet) from the UK to honour us at our Nommo Live poetry event as well as our event dedicated to all our Sisters, Mothers , Godesses and Daughters which is called Hail The Queens.

Annnnnd, that's all I remember for now. Just wanted to show you all that the movement is still on worldwide and the we can rip it up among all the caucasianistas! Send us positive energies, we are all one.

Word.

Check www.afrikanhistoryweek.com for info in Norwegian sadly.

Peace and blessings.

Smai Tawi.

~Ikoro

It does sound simply BlacKTasTic!!!!!:flamet: :flamet: :flamet:

and in norway??Hahahahahahaha....

who woulda thunked it:spin:

Here's Sending you all much Love and Positive Energy :blowkiss:

and please do post up some pics as PurpleMoons suggest...cause...."I Love to SEE my people Living in Love..I hate to see them swimming in blood" (I Wayne)

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back