Black People : Norway: is this a racist flash animation?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Ikoro, May 11, 2011.

1. Ikoro

Ikoro Well-Known Member MEMBER

Norway
    Ratings:
    +320
    Peace fam.

Some of the youths I work with saw a flash animation in a blog about 'reverse racism' (I have to quote this as the fallacy that it is).

The blog was made for a school project (media and social sciences) by a 17 year old, and is meant to highlight the issue of 'reverse racism'.

Our organization sent a letter to the school with our 5 cents, saying that it was our opinion that the animation was inappropriate, that the project should not have been graded to begin with and that the teachers ignored the issue despite a student (young Sister) informing them that it was indeed inappropriate. Needless to say they shut us down (saying it was meant as irony, that we have 'misunderstood' the animation, they did not find it necessary to censor the student etc).

I'd like to get ya'll opinion on this, just to make sure I ain't trippin. I find, personally, that the picture (and the reaction of the school) speaks volumes of their stance on this kind of thing. But I ain't shocked, I know how they do (the youths are losing they mind though, which I think is great as they are learning first hand what the system of White Supremacy looks like).

My reaction, of course, was 'slap a white bwoi'.

Does anyone here have an opinion on this? I ain't buggin, but I'd like to hear my loved ones reaction.

Feel free to use Google translate to understand parts of the text (its just exerpts from interviews, opinions on racism against whites etc).

http://omvendtrasisme.hostoi.com/

One,

- Ikoro

2. Shikamaru

Shikamaru Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,989
    In my opinion, for there to be racism, there must be:

1) a system
    2) control
    3) and an enforcement mechanism

Given the three items above, reserve racism doesn't exist. Discrimination, perhaps. Reverse racism, no.

3. Ikoro

Ikoro Well-Known Member MEMBER

Norway
    Ratings:
    +320
    Oh, totally my Brother (assuming you are one, as that japanese nick is a male name).

And welcome to Destee, I look forward to seeing you around.

Reverse racism is something caucasians invented to defend their ego and pride. Just like how I heard a story about a white woman on top model USA: She wrote in her diary that she almost slept with a black person today. Then the other peeps got a hold of the diary and called her out. Her response? I didn't mean it like that.

It's how they do fam.

One,a

- Ikoro

4. Shikamaru

Shikamaru Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,989
    I am a Nubian man :).

Yep ... the name is Japanese:

Shika - deer
    maru - masculine ending to a name

... and a huge fan of Naruto & Naruto Shippuden :D.

Reverse racism could be a term used to attempt to limit anymore progress Nubians in these United States are working to achieve.

5. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079
    In the Spirit of Sankofa and Peace and Love!

.......Not in my opinion either, Ikoro....looks good though, really.

6. wetac0s

wetac0s Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +272
    Agree with what all you guys are saying. No such thing as reverse racism bc the world caters to White. Once White people stop being the richest and PoC do the same to them as they have done to us, then we'll talk.

FYI. Norway and other scandinavian countries are extremely racist but cover it up with "liberalism". They constantly complain about the "nordic" race dying out.