Black Spirituality Religion : Non Physical Influence on Physical Life

river

Watch Her Flow
REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 22, 2004
Where the Niger meets the Nile
Occupation
Author
I see a common assumption in both Christian and kamitic cosmology/philosophy that raises some quiestions in my mind. These questions will bring some interesting discussions (I hope) though maybe not a conclusive answer.

The assumption I speak of is the idea that what we do in our physical life has an influence on what we will experience in our non physical life. That is as my be yet never have i seen it suggested that what we do in our non physical life may influence the hand we are dealt in our physical existance. In fact, we speak of it as the after life--a kind of intermediate period or limbo where we sit tight while the scales are weighed.

It's pretty obvious why Christianity doesn't consider the influence of the non physical life on the physical life because they don't have a tradition of believing in reincarnatio (even though the bible itself teaches reincarnation at least in the case of John the Baptist whom Jesus told his disciples was actually Elijah). However, since the kamau and other ATRs do acknowledge reincarnation is there no concommitant teaching that our present life in the physical plane is influenced by our deeds in the non physical? I say non physical rather than astral since the astral plane is a part of the lower Sahu level of the spirit.

Hmmm? Nobody wanted to tackle this one. Well maybe I should clarify it a little so it won't seem so loaded.

I am not saying that if we have a hard life it is some punishment for evils we've done in the spiritual world. Hard lives often produce strong characters and would not be suitable as punishment but rather as polish and refinement. I am trying to establish a thread that runs through our existance linking all our carnations into one purposeful destiny.

That which does not kill me makes me stronger, but that which kills me does not destroy my strength for I take it with me as I go forth my day. So when we seek our carnation objective are we trying to guess a priori or are we trying to remember?

river said:
Hmmm? Nobody wanted to tackle this one. Well maybe I should clarify it a little so it won't seem so loaded.

I am not saying that if we have a hard life it is some punishment for evils we've done in the spiritual world. Hard lives often produce strong characters and would not be suitable as punishment but rather as polish and refinement. I am trying to establish a thread that runs through our existance linking all our carnations into one purposeful destiny.

That which does not kill me makes me stronger, but that which kills me does not destroy my strength for I take it with me as I go forth my day. So when we seek our carnation objective are we trying to guess a priori or are we trying to remember?

So when we seek our carnation objection are we trying to guess a priori or are we trying to remember
We are trying to remember what we need to do to put us back on the path that will lead us to the elimination of suffering (carnations) . This is typically done by the soul signing a "contract" to resolve old karmic debts.

Sekhemu said:
We are trying to remember what we need to do to put us back on the path that will lead us to the elimination of suffering (carnations) . This is typically done by the soul signing a "contract" to resolve old karmic debts.
Are you saying that our carnations are themselves sufferings which must be eliminated? That when we have settled these debts we will no longer exist in this world (at least not as physical beings)?

river said:
I see a common assumption in both Christian and kamitic cosmology/philosophy that raises some quiestions in my mind. These questions will bring some interesting discussions (I hope) though maybe not a conclusive answer.

The assumption I speak of is the idea that what we do in our physical life has an influence on what we will experience in our non physical life. That is as my be yet never have i seen it suggested that what we do in our non physical life may influence the hand we are dealt in our physical existance. In fact, we speak of it as the after life--a kind of intermediate period or limbo where we sit tight while the scales are weighed.

It's pretty obvious why Christianity doesn't consider the influence of the non physical life on the physical life because they don't have a tradition of believing in reincarnatio (even though the bible itself teaches reincarnation at least in the case of John the Baptist whom Jesus told his disciples was actually Elijah). However, since the kamau and other ATRs do acknowledge reincarnation is there no concommitant teaching that our present life in the physical plane is influenced by our deeds in the non physical? I say non physical rather than astral since the astral plane is a part of the lower Sahu level of the spirit.

The non-physical and the physical are interconnected even if we cannot realize how they are in this plane.

And on some level, I believe certain problems we have are influenced by things we did in previous lives. This does not necessarily mean "rich = good life", "poor = bad life." That in itself is not a spiritual concept, because you can have a fulfilled life and be poor. It can mean, however, that a spirit that was selfish or even evil in a past life chose to take a more difficult path in this life to help redeem themselves and move to the next level. But that's not to say that all people in difficult situations were evil... a good spirit could choose a harsher path because they want to grow more.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back