Black Spirituality Religion : Non Physical Influence on Physical Life

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by river, Nov 11, 2005.

1. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    I see a common assumption in both Christian and kamitic cosmology/philosophy that raises some quiestions in my mind. These questions will bring some interesting discussions (I hope) though maybe not a conclusive answer.

The assumption I speak of is the idea that what we do in our physical life has an influence on what we will experience in our non physical life. That is as my be yet never have i seen it suggested that what we do in our non physical life may influence the hand we are dealt in our physical existance. In fact, we speak of it as the after life--a kind of intermediate period or limbo where we sit tight while the scales are weighed.

It's pretty obvious why Christianity doesn't consider the influence of the non physical life on the physical life because they don't have a tradition of believing in reincarnatio (even though the bible itself teaches reincarnation at least in the case of John the Baptist whom Jesus told his disciples was actually Elijah). However, since the kamau and other ATRs do acknowledge reincarnation is there no concommitant teaching that our present life in the physical plane is influenced by our deeds in the non physical? I say non physical rather than astral since the astral plane is a part of the lower Sahu level of the spirit.

2. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Hmmm? Nobody wanted to tackle this one. Well maybe I should clarify it a little so it won't seem so loaded.

I am not saying that if we have a hard life it is some punishment for evils we've done in the spiritual world. Hard lives often produce strong characters and would not be suitable as punishment but rather as polish and refinement. I am trying to establish a thread that runs through our existance linking all our carnations into one purposeful destiny.

That which does not kill me makes me stronger, but that which kills me does not destroy my strength for I take it with me as I go forth my day. So when we seek our carnation objective are we trying to guess a priori or are we trying to remember?

3. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    We are trying to remember what we need to do to put us back on the path that will lead us to the elimination of suffering (carnations) . This is typically done by the soul signing a "contract" to resolve old karmic debts.

4. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Are you saying that our carnations are themselves sufferings which must be eliminated? That when we have settled these debts we will no longer exist in this world (at least not as physical beings)?

5. soulsearcher

soulsearcher Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    The non-physical and the physical are interconnected even if we cannot realize how they are in this plane.

And on some level, I believe certain problems we have are influenced by things we did in previous lives. This does not necessarily mean "rich = good life", "poor = bad life." That in itself is not a spiritual concept, because you can have a fulfilled life and be poor. It can mean, however, that a spirit that was selfish or even evil in a past life chose to take a more difficult path in this life to help redeem themselves and move to the next level. But that's not to say that all people in difficult situations were evil... a good spirit could choose a harsher path because they want to grow more.

6. soulsearcher

soulsearcher Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    Hmm. This is an interesting question.

In my opinion it is not a matter of us being flawed... it's a matter of us wanting to grow. I'm not sure even if we get to be like figures such as Jesus or Buddha that we would stop growing.

So I would say we wouldn't stop to exist if we decided not to reincarnate because we would 'grow' in whatever non-physical world we are in at the time.

7. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

From what I have been taught one ceases to exist in the PHYSICAL realm when karmic debts are fulfilled and one reaches the level of an ARHAT.

8. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    Precisely!

9. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Where did we incur these debts? From things we have done in the spirit plane? It would seem that way since if they are debts incurred from past incarnations then what was the purpose of the first incarnation? Then again, if they were incurred in the spirit plane why can't they be paid there?

10. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Man, I was in my bed when this came to me and I couldn't let it sit til morning lest I forget.

when I think of a kharmic debt I think of *** for tat - because you did this I'm gonna do that.

This doesn't result in justice. This results in an endless spiral of payback that is never paid in full. so I did something to you to pay you back for something you did to somebody to pay them back and now someone has to pay me back for what I did to you. The sun will go nova before even one of us has fully paid up in this fashion.

The kharmic debt cannot be paid by payback but by love and forgiveness. When I release someone from debt I release myself from debt and allow both of us and the person who would have had to pay me back to instead return an act of love and live in righteous deeds according to the law of God. That's why Maat is both the Goddess of law and of love.

The Apostle James tells us "He who shows no mercy will be judged wihout mercy, but mercy rejoices against judgement."

I know that mercy accompanies any judgement against me because I have shown mercy. Goodness and mercy follow me. I don't have to seek for them.

Negative kharma will see to it that my enemies come to justice. I will not put myself in the mix by returning that negativity.

Now, that said I'm going back to bed.

G'nite.