Black Spirituality Religion : Non-Christians focus on Christianity

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by UBNaturally, Jun 28, 2014.

1. UBNaturally

UBNaturally Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    Is it a psychological issue or what?

How often do we see non-Buddhists, non-Muslims, non-Atheists, non-Egyptologists, non-Kemetists, non-Kabbalahists, etc fascinated with those that are and why it is so "stupid" that they think they are in a certain mind of thought that they either do not appreciate, care to understand, think is dumb, or outright hate?

[​IMG]

This is predominant in an anti-Christian base, where as it is not often found in much of the others (aside from some instances of Islam which is based in the Torah).

[​IMG]

Like going into a Trigonometry class with a Calculus book and telling the students, their books are garbage and they need to get rid of them and read the Calculus books, supposedly because it is more advanced than theirs.

[​IMG]

But regardless, it is a peculiar sight to see "Non-Christians" focus so much on "Christendom", "Christianity", "The Bible", and those that claim to study and find fruits in it, for the sake of ridicule to a point where it seems "parochial".

• As a side note.... notice the ones that take this "personal".

Respect

2. Gorilla

Gorilla Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,399
    All the time. We also see Christians participating too. I just don't think the criticism is limited to what you highlighted above. And unfortunately for those that don't like the right to criticize or the right to free speech, it'll never be a one way street without resorting to ugly means.

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,688
    I think Christianity gets a lot of heat because it's (probably) the dominant religion in the USA ... and who knows ... maybe the world.

That puts them at the top of the pecking order ... or almost at the top ... making them an obvious and easy target.

:heart:

Destee

4. Blackbird

Blackbird Well-Known Member MEMBER

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,822
    Hello Grand Matriarch Destee, long time no see. What's happening (in my Louisiana voice and accent)? How you been?

I think Destee hit it on a nail. I would add that Christianity is the most controversial belief system in recent memory as well. Thus it is fair (unfair) game for many people, myself included, irregardless of race or ethnicity, to pick apart. It is the most dominant religion in the world and most people have had some contact or familiarity with it.

As it relates to Black people, Christianity, more importantly Christians, has had some relationship to our enslavement and the demise of indigenous Black (African) cultural thought. Of course, it is not alone in that regard as Islam can also be implicated as well; however Christianity, as religion is concerned, has been foremost in that respect.

Has it been given an unfair bad rap? I think so but it is not completely innocent either. It is the price that is paid for being the biggest boy on the block, whether we like it or not. As long Christianity remains the dominant global belief system, it will always be subjected to criticism and ridicule.

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,688
    Hello Brother ... good to read / see you too! I've been working like a slave in a cotton field, but all is well. Thanks for asking :)

I agree with you too, on this topic. I don't believe it's personal against Christianity. It's just the way things go.

Hoping you and yours are well.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

6. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,324
    Indeed. But, I figure people discuss what they feel threatened by.

I find many who do so turn into what they claim Christians to be; a bunch of judgmental hypocrites; and what's more, they feel they're justified for their condemnation because being a non-Christian means they can be anything but hypocritical, or, at the very least, not as hypocritical(they believe). So you know, that means it's okay.

:confused:

7. Asomfwaa

Asomfwaa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,564
    "The hunter in pursuit of an elephant does not stop to throw stones at birds."

These folk either aren't hunters or they are ignorant of elephants.

8. Enki

Enki The Evolved Amphibian STAFF

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,926
    I think certain ones and their actions put Christianity at the top of the pecking order. This thread shows the hypocrisy of some of those that believe. Objection is shown because a thread with the word Christians, or Christianity as if there is a way to separate the people from the faith. But the same thing is done here without the slightest compunction.

Every Sunday the sermon is directed towards the non- believers and not the saved. That, along with being indoctrinated into Christianity at the moment of our conception puts non- believers at the top of the pecking order.

Peace!

9. Enki

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,926
    Looking at the history of Christianity, and gods actions in the bible, the word "claim" is the wrong word to use wouldn't you say? What was the crusades? What was the inquisition? After 325AD the church judged, persecuted and killed all that didn't believe as they did. But before then, they decried this same treatment, I think that is called hypocrisy.

Peace!

10. Enki

United States
    Civil Eng.
    Ratings:
    +5,926
    :lol:

Looking at what the church does to get knew members makes this statement of yours laughable.

This is what makes your statement funny.

http://hirr.hartsem.edu/research/fastfacts/fast_facts.html#numcong

I encourage you to browse thru this site, and maybe you can see who is obsessed with who.

Thanks for the laff.....

Peace!