Nigeria : NollyWood Nigeria

Sista...with Ceddo, there should be a link there to pull up English subtitles---they are using an indigenous language and maybe some French, but there is an option there at Youtube for subtitles. Moolade, however, isn't heavily Western---it's more traditional and isn't based in Ghana; it is Senegalese I do believe. Should you decide to purchase them at any point, they come with English subtitles. There are not many to my knowledge that are completely traditional, but then again I don't know the whole market. What I share are ones I have seen and enjoyed for various reasons. I'll keep scanning for more traditional and quality ones to share....peace.

Hotep SiS Blaklioness...

I tried watching the first few movies you shared. I do not know or speak french so they are making little to no sense to me. One show I was able to view, Moolade I think it was, the "King" in that story I've seen before while in Ghana. He seems to play that role in most of the shows I saw then. Moolade, is similar to the movies played in Ghana in terms of the amerikkkan spin on Afreekan Culture and Traditions.

Ceddo looks like an interesting sorta view yet, the language barrier is in place and I had to stop watching. I could have followed it and picked up the messages based on the 'show' and would get the whole picture with the 'tell' as well.

That's all for now.....Peace and Please keep sharing....

M.E.
:hearts2:

It looks like you go to the same sources as I do. Oh...good luck tryna dodge them wigs---they been known to pop up in the village a time or two! lol

Blaklioness,don't take this personnaly,i was just playing around,matter of fact those modern movies are boring(not all but many lol).Id rather to see traditional movies because you can the beauty of US the Aboriginal men and women,it's so good to see them gals as queen with no perms in their head,but it's sad to see the very same gals in modern movies with all those chemical and non natural beauty,i like woaw black folks are insane:whip:

Sista...with Ceddo, there should be a link there to pull up English subtitles---they are using an indigenous language and maybe some French, but there is an option there at Youtube for subtitles. Moolade, however, isn't heavily Western---it's more traditional and isn't based in Ghana; it is Senegalese I do believe. Should you decide to purchase them at any point, they come with English subtitles. There are not many to my knowledge that are completely traditional, but then again I don't know the whole market. What I share are ones I have seen and enjoyed for various reasons. I'll keep scanning for more traditional and quality ones to share....peace.

Thanks for Sharing SiS Blaklinoness...

I will go back and check for the subtitles versions....

The actor in Moolade I saw as an Actor in many of the movies I saw while in Ghana is what I was referring.

I trust the the brought versions of any of these will have subtiltles ..I learned that with the purchase of Kirikuo suggested by SiS Alexandra

As long as you keep sharing vids(I can't say how long it will be given I have SOOOOOO many things to do) yet...I'll keep Listening to Learn....

Thanks again for Sharing with....:toast::kiss:

M.E.
:hearts2:

Ok Sister...I haven't forgotten. I will post as I find and remember some good ones. Some may be outside of Nollywood but still African. Again, you have to filter out some foolishness because despite their origin, there is still an infiltration of Westernized/Americanized imagery and values. This one is based out of Senegal....enjoy! There are twelve parts to this one, and it's entitled "Ceddo." Share your thoughts on them as you get the chance. I'll be back with more titles soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmZolWdLMWQ

I tried to watch this last night but it is in French. Is there an english captioned version?

The sound track for the movie sounds really good though.

Astrologer4U

They have to work on toning down the Western influence in some of their movies first; some of the actors strive to go Hollywood, which is a HUGE mistake imho. Nollywood needs to maintain its unique African character; there are some films done solely in indigenous language---this is wonderful, but a dilemma if you don't speak the language and there are no subtitles.

Here's another good drama...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah8Xfc3LDlE

I watched "Distance between" last night, I really liked that movie. It didn't end the way I thought it would though, which was kind of shocking.

BTW, I can't think of that Nollywood Actresses name but she came to America and was married to a Black American. She and her husband made a beautiful couple but the marriage did not last because he became ill. They had a beautiful baby for which I think she ended up going back home to Nigeria or she ended up with the baby in a shelter or something like that. Does anyone know the name of that actress?

Astrologer4U

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back