Black People : No reason to ever get defensive against "disrespectful" words, here's why.

Why do people say disrespectful things? To annoy/anger/hurt you. If what a person is saying about you is not true, why get upset? You KNOW it's not true. You don't need them to know, you are the only person who needs to know. If what they say IS true then again, why get upset? They told the truth.

Example: If I call you all idiots, why would you have any reason to get upset? You either are or are not idiots. In either case you know the truth and if you're not an idiot me calling you one doesn't make it so. If you think yourself to be an idiot then I told you what you already knew so what's the problem? You're not an idiot, don't think yourself one.

NEVER surrender your power to ANYONE.

Repeat that over and over. We can't control what others think of us and if it's negative there is no reason to care. We are NOT N words, leave that word out of your mind, it holds no power over you and you hold no power over changing it's meaning no matter how you spell it or what context you use it in. Words only have the power you give them, don't give them any.

This is the first step in healing ourselves from the inside out. :)

My misery doesn't like company. It likes to be alone. It likes to think. It likes to ponder. It like to relax by itself.

So if someone's misery is the type that feels better when someone is else down, or likes to wallow in the misery of others - then it times for me vamp and not talk to that person.

Their words will not move me.
You will be ignored.

Their words will not get at me.
I will not around to hear them.

Their words will not hurt, annoy, or anger me into aggression
Because you will cast from my circle of associates.

The first step in healing from the inside out was to grow up, grow wise(r) and give a 'f-you' to everyone inside and outside of my circle of friends, family, and associates who's misery wanted company and got off by bringing down other people, including me. Bringing others down included saying the negative things you mentioned to get a rise out of a person, or loving to share in your problems from a spectator point but not one of emotional support.

Once I gave 'em the 'F-you!' in my head and I the capabilities to get away, then I could concentrate on my healing, and trying to find out who I really am... which is not (or more than) that bad stuff that everybody said. I finally found the 'power' that you are speaking of... the one you say never to surrender to anyone.

My argument was not because I didn't understand what you were trying to convey. I do.

But simplistic little anecdotes doesn't work for me.. ..because I'm always thinking 'well what if you have this situation.......? Then what?'

Sometimes, I have to break it down to get the full meaning, understanding, and intent of what one is trying to convey.... even when I think I already know.

My misery doesn't like company. It likes to be alone. It likes to think. It likes to ponder. It like to relax by itself.

So if someone's misery is the type that feels better when someone is else down, or likes to wallow in the misery of others - then it times for me vamp and not talk to that person.

Their words will not move me.
You will be ignored.

Their words will not get at me.
I will not around to hear them.

Their words will not hurt, annoy, or anger me into aggression
Because you will cast from my circle of associates.

The first step in healing from the inside out was to grow up, grow wise(r) and give a 'f-you' to everyone inside and outside of my circle of friends, family, and associates who's misery wanted company and got off by bringing down other people, including me. Bringing others down included saying the negative things you mentioned to get a rise out of a person, or loving to share in your problems from a spectator point but not one of emotional support.

Once I gave 'em the 'F-you!' in my head and I the capabilities to get away, then I could concentrate on my healing, and trying to find out who I really am... which is not (or more than) that bad stuff that everybody said. I finally found the 'power' that you are speaking of... the one you say never to surrender to anyone.

My argument was not because I didn't understand what you were trying to convey. I do.

But simplistic little anecdotes doesn't work for me.. ..because I'm always thinking 'well what if you have this situation.......? Then what?'

Sometimes, I have to break it down to get the full meaning, understanding, and intent of what one is trying to convey.... even when I think I already know.

:SuN049: You crack me up!

Interesting dialog,

I think this issue is a matter of personality… and perhaps personal philosophy. Sure it’s imperative to not get thrown off balanced over little things, or innuendos. For one would not function very well, most of the time. This is a overly generalized conversation, in that there are many times one does need to speak out against rudeness and those who are often disrespectful.

I for one am not very quite, when addressed rudely. Perhaps because I grew up in East New York and queens or perhaps it may be genetically a part of who I am. I see it as retaining my strength and not empowering others (the rude). If offended, I take it as my responsibility to correct the situation. It’s not a defensive action on my part, but an offensive action (pro-active). I prefer not to keep things inside if people annoy me. Of coarse it all depends on the severity of the action (infracture).

AXE!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back