Black Christians : No Other Gods Before Me

cherryblossom

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 28, 2009
Exodus 20: 3

Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

"The first commandment is concerning the object of our worship, Jehovah, and him only, Thou shalt have no other gods before me - The Egyptians, and other neighbouring nations, had many gods, creatures of their own fancy. This law was pre - fixed because of that transgression; and Jehovah being the God of Israel, they must entirely cleave to him, and no other, either of their own invention, or borrowed from their neighbours.

The sin against this commandment, which we are most in danger of, is giving that glory to any creature which is due to God only. Pride makes a God of ourselves, covetousness makes a God of money, sensuality makes a God of the belly. Whatever is loved, feared, delighted in, or depended on, more than God, that we make a god of. This prohibition includes a precept which is the foundation of the whole law, that we take the Lord for our God, accept him for ours, adore him with humble reverence, and set our affections entirely upon him. There is a reason intimated in the last words before me. It intimates, That we cannot have any other god but he will know it. That it is a sin that dares him to his face, which he cannot, will not, overlook.

The second commandment is concerning the ordinances of worship, or the way in which God will be worshipped, which it is fit himself should appoint. Here is, [1.] The prohibition; we are forbidden to worship even the true God by images, Ex 20:4,5. First, The Jews (at least after the captivity) thought themselves forbidden by this to make any image or picture whatsoever. It is certain it forbids making any image of God, for to whom can we liken him? Isa 40:18,25. It also forbids us to make images of God in our fancies, as if he were a man as we are. Our religious worship must be governed by the power of faith, not by the power of imagination..."

http://bible.cc/exodus/20-3.htm

Exodus 20: 3

Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

"The first commandment is concerning the object of our worship, Jehovah, and him only, Thou shalt have no other gods before me - The Egyptians, and other neighbouring nations, had many gods, creatures of their own fancy. This law was pre - fixed because of that transgression; and Jehovah being the God of Israel, they must entirely cleave to him, and no other, either of their own invention, or borrowed from their neighbours.

The sin against this commandment, which we are most in danger of, is giving that glory to any creature which is due to God only. Pride makes a God of ourselves, covetousness makes a God of money, sensuality makes a God of the belly. Whatever is loved, feared, delighted in, or depended on, more than God, that we make a god of. This prohibition includes a precept which is the foundation of the whole law, that we take the Lord for our God, accept him for ours, adore him with humble reverence, and set our affections entirely upon him. There is a reason intimated in the last words before me. It intimates, That we cannot have any other god but he will know it. That it is a sin that dares him to his face, which he cannot, will not, overlook.

The second commandment is concerning the ordinances of worship, or the way in which God will be worshipped, which it is fit himself should appoint. Here is, [1.] The prohibition; we are forbidden to worship even the true God by images, Ex 20:4,5. First, The Jews (at least after the captivity) thought themselves forbidden by this to make any image or picture whatsoever. It is certain it forbids making any image of God, for to whom can we liken him? Isa 40:18,25. It also forbids us to make images of God in our fancies, as if he were a man as we are. Our religious worship must be governed by the power of faith, not by the power of imagination..."

http://bible.cc/exodus/20-3.htm

There are TWO things wrong with this.

1) In the verse it does not say there are no other Gods. "I Am" says there shall not be any BEFORE him. If there were a prohibition of ANY other Gods then the verse would read "THERE ARE NO OTHER GODS BUT ME"! As it stands, this verse along with hundreds of others in the bible prove that Moses and the other unknown authors of the first five books did a poor job of stealing and interpreting Ancient Kemet's worshiping of Ausar and Auset because they wanted to negate the supreme importance of a Goddess in creation and worship.

2) It is a MYTH that Egyptians (Ancient Kemet) put other Gods BEFORE Ausar and Auset. It was clear to us THEN AND NOW that everything stemmed from THEM! We had a MONOTHEISTIC faith with many manifestations of Ausar and Auset which included sons and daughters who governed other parts of life.

There are TWO things wrong with this.

1) In the verse it does not say there are no other Gods. "I Am" says there shall not be any BEFORE him. If there were a prohibition of ANY other Gods then the verse would read "THERE ARE NO OTHER GODS BUT ME"! As it stands, this verse along with hundreds of others in the bible prove that Moses and the other unknown authors of the first five books did a poor job of stealing and interpreting Ancient Kemet's worshiping of Ausar and Auset because they wanted to negate the supreme importance of a Goddess in creation and worship.

2) It is a MYTH that Egyptians (Ancient Kemet) put other Gods BEFORE Ausar and Auset. It was clear to us THEN AND NOW that everything stemmed from THEM! We had a MONOTHEISTIC faith with many manifestations of Ausar and Auset which included sons and daughters who governed other parts of life.

Brother A007 ... this particular forum ... Christian Study Group ... is for those Members who believe in Christianity, and want to discuss it with others that believe the same.

It's not for those of you that want to prove them wrong.

While none of this has been officially established yet, i'm thinking, it's going to be the only way to go ... or else ... those of you who think others are so wrong in their beliefs, will inundate them with your opposing views ... and in so doing ... deny them the opportunity to discuss in relative peace and tranquility, that which they believe.

We do have the main Spirituality Religion Forum, where everything can be challenged.

Please speak to the threads there, or even, start your own threads disproving Christianity, if you are so inclined ... but stay out of this one with the opposing views.

Thanks in advance.

:heart:

Destee

No problem.

Brother A007 ... this particular forum ... Christian Study Group ... is for those Members who believe in Christianity, and want to discuss it with others that believe the same.

It's not for those of you that want to prove them wrong.

While none of this has been officially established yet, i'm thinking, it's going to be the only way to go ... or else ... those of you who think others are so wrong in their beliefs, will inundate them with your opposing views ... and in so doing ... deny them the opportunity to discuss in relative peace and tranquility, that which they believe.

We do have the main Spirituality Religion Forum, where everything can be challenged.

Please speak to the threads there, or even, start your own threads disproving Christianity, if you are so inclined ... but stay out of this one with the opposing views.

Thanks in advance.

Destee

Will do. I apologize if I offended Cherry or any of the other Christian Study Group members.

Peace and Love.

Will do. I apologize if I offended Cherry or any of the other Christian Study Group members.

Peace and Love.

Brother A007 ... it's okay, no apology is necessary.

We're really just feeling our way, trying to make it work for all of us, the best we can.

Thanks for being willing to give these spaces ... Spirituality / Religion Study Groups ... this extra consideration, for the same applies to them all.

We may find, as time passes, that we have to do more or different, to make it work.

Love You!

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back