Science and Technology : No new 'learning' brain cells after age 13: study

The only thing I can remember that I learned as a child that didn't make sense until I got older--much older--was what my mother taught me about men. Prior to my reaching an understanding, I might as well have been deaf and blind.

If it turns out that this study is true, (and even if there is some doubt that it could be true), shouldn't we be interacting with children under 13 differently?

A Mind Is A Terrible Thing to Waste

You learned much as a child that didn't make sense until you got older.

Actually I was learning some things as a child that showed adults were saying things that did not make sense.

I encountered the concepts of atheism and agnosticism from science fiction books that I started reading at age 9. No adults ever mentioned such th8ings. So I stopped going to church as soon as I did not have to be bothered with nuns checking up.

The problem is teachers don't supply enough important info:

MUNCIE, Ind., June 23 (UPI) -- A case study from Ball State University says gifted fifth graders are able to understand basic accounting nearly as well as college sophomores.

Ball State accounting Professor Gwen White said 16 fifth-grade students scored nearly as well as their college counterparts on a 15-question examination after both groups completed an introductory accounting course.

https://www.upi.com/Accounting-collegians-vs-5th-graders/82121056408042/

The curious thing is that there were quite a few instances of that article on the Internet back in 2003. Most of them have disappeared. Double-entry accounting is 700 years old. Bicycles are barely 200 years old. What would this society be like if accounting knowledge was as common as bicycles.

Actually I was learning some things as a child that showed adults were saying things that did not make sense.

I encountered the concepts of atheism and agnosticism from science fiction books that I started reading at age 9. No adults ever mentioned such th8ings. So I stopped going to church as soon as I did not have to be bothered with nuns checking up.

The problem is teachers don't supply enough important info:

https://www.upi.com/Accounting-collegians-vs-5th-graders/82121056408042/

The curious thing is that there were quite a few instances of that article on the Internet back in 2003. Most of them have disappeared. Double-entry accounting is 700 years old. Bicycles are barely 200 years old. What would this society be like if accounting knowledge was as common as bicycles.

It is common. Many people aren't interested. It's like geometry, trig and algebra. I know a lot of people that would never think to take those classes. And people don't talk about religion and politics for obvious reasons

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back