Black People : No JIVE! Don't get stuck on the SHUCKIN.'

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by cherryblossom, Aug 27, 2009.

1. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Yes, Brother Clyde, when I first saw the graphic in your signature, I recognized it for the movie scene that it is as well as the message that it is sending to us as it relates to Destee.com and the (tentative) T-Shirt Project.

This site is supposed to be the place where Black people seek to stop "shuckin' & jivin" and come together for a common purpose; but SOME people must have missed the subtle message. Perhaps, they are either too young to remember the movie or it simply went over their heads.

That scene is from the 1974 movie "Blazing Saddles" by Mel Brooks.The movie was a SATIRE comedy which spoke to the RACISM in Hollywood toward Blacks in western movies and the stories of the West. It is set in the post-Civil War era.

The late Cleavon Little is the lead character; and in the scene of your graphic, Cleavon had the White folks "Shuckin' & Jivin!" LOL!

But, perhaps, Brother MetaSaience tweaked the speed of it to appear as it does in your signature.

Here is the original scene from the movie...

BLAZING SADDLES (1974)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPcLPzItOQs

2. Putney Swope

Putney Swope Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +139
    while personal issues, internal strifes and flame wars, and cyclic conversations that do not come to a consencual conclusion of collective and sustained progress and prosperity
    get more views and attention on;
    Black Planet, Netnoir, Black Voices, and most other Black discussion boards.

Many White only, discussion boards are training thier youth in how to use, clean and take care of firearms, how to grow thier own food and survive in the wilderness as well as setting up their own barter systems and fiat exchange currencies, in preperation for the Stock Market Crash.

I still ask this question as I did as a child, when they asked this question
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDUn0te0Kus&feature=related

3. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    a) i don't base none of my thinking on a danged movie outa hollyweird; i ain't at all interested in giving any time at all to that jewish propaganda machine.

b) "blazing saddles"? geez .. smh - sorry, can't get behind nothing that reinforces/reminds of the bigotry of this mess to, subtly, "prove" the point that the bs is bad news.

share croppers shuckin and jivin is bout as useful as aspiring to be a modern day minstrel saggin and braggin on stage/screen - it don't build no roof over no heads, nor does it harvest no food for no tables.

oh, but, wait; y'all stuck in this belief that money is what it is all about. with that mindset that supremelunacy crap ain't nevah gonna go away and you ain't nevah gonna be anything more than the slave you've been beat into believing you are since the 8th century!!

4. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560

You aint neva lied! While I can't speak on those other sites, Black Planet became a "shuckin' & jivin'" site for back in the latter 90s. When it first came out, it was a cool place, but then it got IGNENT and I had to bounce!

5. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Just who is this "y'all" and "you" that is being referenced here?

6. anAfrican

United States
    Ratings:
    +745
    the African descendants of formerly enslaved Africans currently referencing themselves as "black people". or ain't you one of them?

as if you didn't know what i meant ... smh ...

(btw - you missed one: "... beat into believing you are since ...". or were you willing to "accept" that one as you came with this pretended "misunderstanding" of this bastard language's "general or specific" abuse of the word "you"?)

[should that have been "whom"? just sometimes, the "rules" of this language ... lol]

7. cherryblossom

Ratings:
    +5,560
    No, I didn't miss one. When I quoted you, I bolded each pronoun.

Moreover, according to the "rules of this language," NO, it should not have been "whom."

"WHOM" is an OBJECTIVE pronoun and I did not use the objective case in my sentence.

"WHO" is an SUBJECTIVE pronoun. Therefore, I used it correctly as a "predicate nominative."

The word "WHOM" is used when it is combined with a PREPOSITION, as in "To whom are you speaking?" THEN, it is an OBJECT OF A PREPOSITION, i.e. the OBJECTIVE CASE.

8. anAfrican

United States
    Ratings:
    +745
    "thanks" for the clarification of that "whom" bit; i never did get that straight. i guess it is good to see one so well versed in this bastardized language. but you really didn't need to waste your time over that rhetorical question.

that's what i meant; you bolded each pronoun except for that one. i take it, then, that the "question" you raised over the "identity" of the referenced "you"s doesn't apply there? ok. sort of suggests that the whole "question" was as rhetorical as that "question" about "whom" and that i shouldn't have bothered with that post from you either ...

9. anAfrican

United States
    Ratings:
    +745
    i just find it so ... uh ... "interesting" the way folks will go all around the main point of something to show their ... uh ... whatever.

rather than comment on my response to the topic of the thread, you chose irrelevancies to respond to.

"fascinating."

(oh what does an "arched eyebrow" smiley look like? [oops - gotta quit with these rhetorical questions, wayne; she'll be sure to be digging out an "answer" being as how she's just so smart and all ... <bronxcheer>] actually, i remember seeing one someplace, complete with pointy ears! lol)

10. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,730
    Wow! Thank you for this info!

I did not know this. I did not know the origins of Blazing Saddles. To be honest, I thought it was a comedy featuring a known white man[?]...Billy Crystal or something. I did not watch a lot of TV or movies so, I'm not sure.