Black People Politics : No, I Won’t Empathize With a Trump Supporter Now—Here’s Why

Senegal,

You are correct on all points.

I never thought about changing my registration from Democrat to Independent. I don't want to be deluged by phone calls, texts, emails or snail mail from anyone demanding fealty or money.

I volunteered for the Democratic Party during the 2012 election when I lived in Virginia. I moved from there in mid-2014, but my name must still be on some lists. Because I still got about 40 texts through the primary and the general election from folks who volunteered for Biden.

Now, that's what I call a ground game.

I volunteered to help Dems in New Jersey and heard back from only two or three people. Of course, the Garden State is not a battleground.

Your suggestion definitely has merit.

Senegal,

You are absolutely right in your analysis.

After studying the 2016 election results, most political pundits and observers said if Blacks and other Dems had voted in the same numbers as they did for Obama, we could have been spared Trump.

I am not going to look at what others did or did not do. Our people owe a debt to our forebears who died to bring us the vote.

But so many of us dismiss this and act as if voting can be ignored.
I find particularly true among our younger voters (18-35). They just don't know how important voting is and the effect that it can have on their live. As long as they have a job or can get by anyway they can, then the heck who is in office.

We are totally lost as black people as a group or community than can come together in matters that are in our best interest. We have become complacence and think more about our own individual interests than the interest of the whole. Now more black males voted for Trump than black females. Now what's up with that.

I find particularly true among our younger voters (18-35). They just don't know how important voting is and the effect that it can have on their live. As long as they have a job or can get by anyway they can, then the heck who is in office.

We are totally lost as black people as a group or community than can come together in matters that are in our best interest. We have become complacence and think more about our own individual interests than the interest of the whole. Now more black males voted for Trump than black females. Now what's up with that.

So, true. So true.

You're right. Their goal is a good job, which everyone should strive for. But dang it, don't stop there. Hold the door open for your brothers and sisters. But don't grouse and get ticked off because someone got a position and you didn't.

A lot of young people seem to want to ignore the real danger our Race faces in this country and around the world. When questioned or confronted, some would rather respond in childish fashion.

It is a shame that so many of our young really do not understand what it took to win The Vote for our people. All the murders, the jail terms, the beatings, the church and house burnings.

Cultic Supporters :facepalm:

What Trump Showed Us About America

The single most confounding thing about the Trump era is that we still do not really understand why more than 70 million Americans voted for Donald Trump, and why there remains a smaller core of fanatical supporters who will believe anything he says—most recently, that he won the election but that it is being stolen through voter fraud.

Politico

By POLITICO Magazine

:wow: That's seawater deep ... :shark:

Caller tells Rush Limbaugh he’s willing to give his life for Trump

“No one stands for us, Rush, only you and Donald Trump! God forbid. What do we have left? I love my president. I’m not a revolutionary, Rush, but I would die for my president. This man has given more to this country than anybody, and he has no need to. None! He’s a billionaire. He doesn’t need this,” the caller continued.

“That’s exactly right,” Limbaugh agreed.

TheGrio

Renee G

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back