Black Atheists : No God Made Man, Man Apparently Made Gods!

SwagII

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 26, 2019
By believing in what the title of this thread says, people will label you an Atheist. Since the begining of times there have been questions that people have sought answers for. I fully realize that religion is a complicated factor in the lives of people, yet, I believe that religion and Gods are a man made concept. Yes, in my personal view the construction of religion and God was by man. if you noticed this created God too has many human characteristics, emotions, etc. Btw, while God is supposed to be a reflection of man, the bible is a reflection of the time when it was originally written. Since why would such a God have a personality consistent with that of man. Why should such a creator display disappointment, anger, regret, happiness, and many other human emotions? If you can't really witness it, Gods attributes are a reflection of his creators and a direct representation of how humans [man] perceives themselves. As I see it, there can be no religion without a deity [GOD!] As I find that most religions are fear based anyway! There is a punishment concept attached to all religions. Believe it or not!!!

When you say punishment concept, what are you referring to?
As if you are unaware... example of one of many, "whoever believes is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. All religions are full of hope and despair. Just as Christians adoped "Heaven vers Hell." Muslims, well that's another story. Religions have never worked and or held up very well without fear componets. As we all very well know, there can be no good with the presence of evil. It is what it is... remember the wrath of God? Venegeance is mine, your God said. Now what? Religions are in my personal view no more than cults. Nothing more. I stand by my statements.

As if you are unaware... example of one of many, "whoever believes is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. All religions are full of hope and despair. Just as Christians adoped "Heaven vers Hell." Muslims, well that's another story. Religions have never worked and or held up very well without fear componets.
Just wanted to be certain before I responded my brother.
Unlike religions that provide guidelines on punishment as dictated by scripture, Buddhism approaches the idea from a more abstract perspective. Buddhists do not believe in a god that will punish those who commit sins. Instead, the Buddhist belief in karma, or the notion that every action has a consequence, holds that punishment comes as a natural result of hurtful acts.

Just wanted to be certain before I responded my brother.
Unlike religions that provide guidelines on punishment as dictated by scripture, Buddhism approaches the idea from a more abstract perspective. Buddhists do not believe in a god that will punish those who commit sins. Instead, the Buddhist belief in karma, or the notion that every action has a consequence, holds that punishment comes as a natural result of hurtful acts.

Good try... How many people you know that are Buddhists? @ punishment comes as natural result of [hurtful acts]. What is a hurtful act according to these Buddhists? Are you a practicing Buddhist? Explain a natural result? I stand by my words all religion practices have punishment [natural or whatever, etc.] componets. Even Buddhists & their practice Religion. Nice try though...

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back