Black Atheists : No God Made Man, Man Apparently Made Gods!

ogoun

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jun 14, 2018
.Ambiguous is one way that individuals who are uncertain of their idea tend to like to be
.its called - Evangelism.

It leaves one wondering who is trying to convince whom. Are they trying convince themselves or the person being prosthelytized to..........or if as MS234 has suggested elsewhere is it just another form of self aggrandizement.

I welcome your input no need to be sorry as your response is not seen by me as a interruption

I felt I had to say something fearing that it would interrupt your patient Socratic method that I've never, try as I might, mastered.
And it would seem my worry has come to pass as Astrocomet has thus far chosen to leave dangling your questions with no answer at all......but then again he seems to, in his own way, do that with any and everybody.

frankster

REGISTERED MEMBER
Aug 3, 2014
It leaves one wondering who is trying to convince whom. Are they trying convince themselves or the person being prosthelytized to
Maybe a little of both...the more people believe he is right the more he believes he is right - circular logic/numbers game.

..........or if as MS234 has suggested elsewhere is it just another form of self aggrandizement.
MS234 might be onto something

I felt I had to say something fearing that it would interrupt your patient Socratic method that I've never, try as I might, mastered.
No one likes to plays along....so even I am unsure if I have mastered it - my biggest fear is running out of relevant meaningful questions that leads somewhere.

And it would seem my worry has come to pass as Astrocomet has thus far chosen to leave dangling your questions with no answer at all.
Luckily I have you...here

.....but then again he seems to, in his own way, do that with any and everybody.
He is a busy soul.

umbrarchist

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jun 13, 2007
Then you have Agnostics...those who believe in God but not religion.

No they are Deists

An Agnostic admits ignorance, No Knowledge. No one has provided sufficient evidence for anything. The Atheists cannot prove that there is no God.

I have seen the definition, "someone who believes that it is Impossible to determine if there is a God or any afterlife." That is too extreme for me. I decided that I was an agnostic in 7th grade.

frankster

REGISTERED MEMBER
Aug 3, 2014
No they are Deists
Philosophy and Religion are not antithetical
Pure Agnostics neither believe or disbelieve in God...for lack of evidence, hence it becomes a Philosophic Position.
Christian Agnostics or Agnostic Theist do believe in God...but continue to hold That God is Unknowable

SwagII said:
As I see it, there can be no religion without a deity [GOD!]
I was responding to this statement of Swagll, having responding to this statement of his with Buddhism in a prior thread .. I thought to add variety.

An Agnostic admits ignorance, No Knowledge. No one has provided sufficient evidence for anything.
True...but first you must define your concept of God.
Then look for or evaluate proof or evidence shown or provided.

The Atheists cannot prove that there is no God.
True....It is extremely difficult to prove a negative
Absence of Proof is not Proof of absence

I have seen the definition, "someone who believes that it is Impossible to determine if there is a God or any afterlife." That is too extreme for me. I decided that I was an agnostic in 7th grade.
I do not subscribe to anything being impossible...
Agnosticism is a great Philosophy to adopt....Congrats

Is Trump Going to Prison?

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on I_AM_HER's profile.
Peace and Blessings Beloved! Welcome Home! :yaay: :yaay: :yaay:
Please Ask God to bless me in finances and better circumstances. I'm trying to move forward with my life and a better career. I need prayer warriors out there to save a prayer for Clifford. I was staying with my folks during my time of studies