Black Spirituality Religion : No Excuse Not To Thank Jesus

I apologize for interjecting this exchange, but want to offer a couple of thoughts. First, Sister Destee I notice you mentioned "this apology", but remind you this is not the "Apologizing to all Christians" thread you may be referencing.

Peace and Blessings Sister ... there is no need to apologize, for exchange is one of our goals ... :)

You remind me that this is not the same thread, you thot i didn't know? I linked to the other thread.

Next, in my opinion, the apology in that thread is Brother Afru Shukuwr's personal apology to those he feels he offended, so it was only meant to those specific and any unnamed person who fits the offended actions. I don't believe it was to put down any other person's belief, but his way of making "his" wrong right.

I never said it was to put down any other person's belief. I thought it was a beautiful, sincere, heartfelt gesture, and even said so in that thread. I was the first to post to it, and almost this one, making me familiar with both. My opinion in this thread, is not meant to take away from that gesture, for it is what it is ... beautiful. I am truly honored by his show of love.

With that being said, it doesn't preclude me from looking at (and speaking to) the bigger picture, which is almost automatic for me. If a person, all within a small window of time, offers an apology to a whole group of people, then immediately applies the apologized for behavior, to another whole group of people ... well ... it means there's room for even more love and growth.

It's encouraging to see some love, it is better than no love, or little love ... but we need LOTS of love.

We should give all Sisters and Brothers this kind of love (not just Christians) :

"You served God the best you knew how and Im sorry for picking at you while doing that."

Even if they determine for themselves, in their own minds, that there is no God at all.

Last, in this No Excuse not to thank Jesus thread, I get the impression that Brother Afru Shukuwr is attempting to hold true to his belief based from the Holy Bible, and though many do not believe in the Holy Bible, which includes the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, this is "his" belief and he can't mold it to fit everyone else, as the other beliefs mentioned.

I'm confident Brother Afru Shukuwr will speak for his self, though i appreciate your impression of him.

I like to keep in mind that not only the Destee family are reading these threads, but a host of others, and what words are not relevant to one is a life saving word for others. My hope is that those who have a different belief would embrace the fact that we all have different beliefs and offer grace where "choice words" were used and see the fiber of the content of this thread.

Love you!
Edited to add a name title

Absolutely Sister, many read our threads, all of which have the rich wealth of our diversity sewn within.

I Love You More! :grouphug:

:heart:

Destee

Brother Afru Shukuwr ... the reason i ask the question, is because i was hoping you'd give the same loving kindness to the Atheist Sister or Brother (every Sister and Brother for that matter), that you are willing to give to the Christian, Muslim, ATR, Jew, etc.

Instead ... you immediately begin to diminish them, say they are brain dead, ignorant, etc., just because they don't believe like you.

I'm of the opinion that this apology could apply to all Sisters and Brothers, no matter what they believe, but it's obviously not meant to be. It is a consideration you are only giving to Christians, or at least, those willing to believe more along your lines. That's fine. It's a start, and without a start, we can never expect to travel the distance. So for it alone, I'm still appreciative, though woe be unto them that do not think like you ... for they will surely be recipients of the wrath that Christians useta receive, being referred to as ignorant, brain dead, and a host of other divisive and uncomplimentary terms.

It's as if you've exchanged one target group, for another, when all are deserving of kind consideration.

Love You!

Destee
I didnt mean to imply that they are brain dead. Im sorry if anyone took it that way. The main thing I was trying to say was that they do thank God but just might not conciously in perfect words give the creator the recognization.
Let me make an analogy. There is really one creator though he has many personalities. Is a person who may never heard of a bible going to say thank you Jesus for feeding him. They are going to use their own language or their own way.
Whether someone is an atheist or not is a mute point and I have not seen a satisfactory and complete definition of what that is. You can easy say a word is this and have a definition but it still may have holes as soon as someone questions it.
There is nothing wrong with being ignorant as long as you dont know you are ignorant. Nobody knows everything.
I myself would be dead by now Destee if I didnt give everyone kind consideration.

I don't think something needs a qualifying statement when it's reasonable. It's unlikely there's such a thing as a cat crossbow as depicted on family guy. Do I have to really sandwich that with "I think" and "to me"? Even if you view it as a purely subjective statement, my user name is right next to the post.

I would agree that Humans are hardly driven by rationality all the time, but it's possible to improve with meta-cognitive activities and it's definitely possible for us to come to logical conclusions after skeptical scrutiny.

The second half of your commentary is kind of curious. You're saying you don't have a religion, but you've accepted the charter of one. Fair enough, I know people like to use all manner of language to try to distance themselves from institutional presences of religion. This could be challenged with some examination, but people are free to label themselves as they please.

My definition of man in my previous statement was a stand in for humanity, if that helps.

My question about the single answer is to everything is one of the more interesting questions I like to ask monotheists. If people previously credited multiple deities and gods for different phenomena or portions of existence, what have you seen that convinced you there was a single answer (in this case I'm referring to the Christian god).

You also made the claim that people who don't share your beliefs are ignorant because of guilt and anger etc. Maybe you could explain more about this position as well?

You are misreading me. I never said the Christian God was the single answer. I never mentioned what the answer is in this thread. Nor have I said anything about who is going to hell or heaven. There is no way I could know that. Dont be so emotional about the word ignorant. It just means not knowing. If you dont know something how can it be held against you.
Jesus is loving and understanding. I dont think any of the responders in the this thread have a problem with that.
My words are only to inspire and help teach. They are not to accuse or try to bring down anyone.

Peace and Blessings Sister ... there is no need to apologize, for exchange is one of our goals ... :)

You remind me that this is not the same thread, you thot i didn't know? I linked to the other thread.

I never said it was to put down any other person's belief. I thought it was a beautiful, sincere, heartfelt gesture, and even said so in that thread. I was the first to post to it, and almost this one, making me familiar with both. My opinion in this thread, is not meant to take away from that gesture, for it is what it is ... beautiful. I am truly honored by his show of love.

With that being said, it doesn't preclude me from looking at (and speaking to) the bigger picture, which is almost automatic for me. If a person, all within a small window of time, offers an apology to a whole group of people, then immediately applies the apologized for behavior, to another whole group of people ... well ... it means there's room for even more love and growth.

It's encouraging to see some love, it is better than no love, or little love ... but we need LOTS of love.

We should give all Sisters and Brothers this kind of love (not just Christians) :

"You served God the best you knew how and Im sorry for picking at you while doing that."

Even if they determine for themselves, in their own minds, that there is no God at all.

I'm confident Brother Afru Shukuwr will speak for his self, though i appreciate your impression of him.

Absolutely Sister, many read our threads, all of which have the rich wealth of our diversity sewn within.

I Love You More! :grouphug:

Destee

Thank you Sister Destee for the clarity and exchange.

Much love and blessings!

I apologize for interjecting this exchange, but want to offer a couple of thoughts. First, Sister Destee I notice you mentioned "this apology", but remind you this is not the "Apologizing to all Christians" thread you may be referencing.

Next, in my opinion, the apology in that thread is Brother Afru Shukuwr's personal apology to those he feels he offended, so it was only meant to those specific and any unnamed person who fits the offended actions. I don't believe it was to put down any other person's belief, but his way of making "his" wrong right.

Last, in this No Excuse not to thank Jesus thread, I get the impression that Brother Afru Shukuwr is attempting to hold true to his belief based from the Holy Bible, and though many do not believe in the Holy Bible, which includes the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, this is "his" belief and he can't mold it to fit everyone else, as the other beliefs mentioned.

I like to keep in mind that not only the Destee family are reading these threads, but a host of others, and what words are not relevant to one is a life saving word for others. My hope is that those who have a different belief would embrace the fact that we all have different beliefs and offer grace where "choice words" were used and see the fiber of the content of this thread.

Love you!
Edited to add a name title

Thank you Proverbs and we also have different angles of looking at things. Um dont get mad at Destee now. She is doing good in these threads.:)

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back