Black Spirituality Religion : No Excuse Not To Thank Jesus

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Afru Shukuwr, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Afru Shukuwr

Afru Shukuwr Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +61
    During the time of all our troubles all we really have to do is be completely grateful.
    Who is Jesus? I paraphrase someone by saying he is all the great ones in one. I believe he is that and more. Im not a great historian so Im not going to name any names but for whoever built a great pyramid he wouldnt have done it without Jesus. That Haitian guy that defeated the Europeans, and Hariet Tubbman wouldnt have did it without Jesus. The people that helped Hariet Tubbman got Jesus help. No prophet or warrior could have did good for humanity without Jesus Christ. If you know African, Kemetian, European, or American history you know Blacks were all over. Jesus was all over.
    Most people have more than one name. It is common sense that Jesus has more than one name. It doesnt matter what he was called in the past. Would you want someone calling you whatever you was called in the past whether it be Yashuwa, Christos, etc.
    And Im talking about in meditation and prayer. Everybody must have some sort of recognition, honor, and appreciation of the fact that its Jesus time if they are in an area that corresponds. If you are a Muslim then its allright as long as Jesus Christ is in your heart. I cant say to never pick up another Koran. If you get 40 acres and a mule Jesus is going to give it to you. Thank you Jesus Christ.

2. Proverbs31Woman

Proverbs31Woman Be kinder than necessary! MEMBER

Ratings:
    +879
    Thank you Brother Afru Shukuwr! Our lives are not our own...let everything that hath breath praise the Lord!

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,691
    Brother Afru Shukuwr ... i understand the Spirit of your post, but what of those who do not believe in a higher power?

Are they excused from thanking "Jesus"?

:heart:

Destee

4. Afru Shukuwr

Ratings:
    +61
    Destee thats a classic question. I have to give a short and hopefully understandable answer for now.

The only possible excuse as I see it is being ignorant but not knowing that you are ignorant.

Being ignorant because of guilt, jealousy, angriness, etc. when the truth is in front of you is not an excuse. I speaking of thanking Jesus as in agreeable acknowledgement and giving the upmost respect.

But unless someone is completely brain dead or I guess be Jesus himself they to not believe in a higher power. They know they didnt make the earth and the stars.

5. Gorilla

Gorilla Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,399
    The current body of knowledge has a pretty good idea of how stars and the earth are formed, but even if we didn't, how do you jump to the conclusion of "intelligent design"?

What makes your religion anymore true than the other ones? Other people make the same illogical leap and conclude that it's the work of a different god or gods.

Does it really seem likely that the hilarious idea that man is the center of the universe and that we're made in the image of some all powerful being and the subject of its obsession really seem likely? It's really all too suspiciously convenient.

Is it really likely that there's one single answer that can explain all the wonder of the universe?

6. Afru Shukuwr

Ratings:
    +61
    It depends on what current body of knowledge you are referring to. I jump to the conclusion the same way you jumped and questioned me. Im sure you have done studying. I have done my studying.
    I dont have a religion. I just go with the river thats carrying me if you get what I mean. Humans are not the only beings with logic first of all. And then the kind of logic varies among man, human, mankind, supermen, or what have you. You cant say it doesnt seem likely. You can only say it doesnt seem likely to you. It depends on your definition of man but if God thought it that way then man will be in the center of the universe.
    To answer your last question I hope to never find one single answer or ever have to look for it.

7. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,691
    Brother Afru Shukuwr ... the reason i ask the question, is because i was hoping you'd give the same loving kindness to the Atheist Sister or Brother (every Sister and Brother for that matter), that you are willing to give to the Christian, Muslim, ATR, Jew, etc.

Instead ... you immediately begin to diminish them, say they are brain dead, ignorant, etc., just because they don't believe like you.

I'm of the opinion that this apology could apply to all Sisters and Brothers, no matter what they believe, but it's obviously not meant to be. It is a consideration you are only giving to Christians, or at least, those willing to believe more along your lines. That's fine. It's a start, and without a start, we can never expect to travel the distance. So for it alone, I'm still appreciative, though woe be unto them that do not think like you ... for they will surely be recipients of the wrath that Christians useta receive, being referred to as ignorant, brain dead, and a host of other divisive and uncomplimentary terms.

It's as if you've exchanged one target group, for another, when all are deserving of kind consideration.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

8. Gorilla

Gorilla Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,399
    I don't think something needs a qualifying statement when it's reasonable. It's unlikely there's such a thing as a cat crossbow as depicted on family guy. Do I have to really sandwich that with "I think" and "to me"? Even if you view it as a purely subjective statement, my user name is right next to the post.

I would agree that Humans are hardly driven by rationality all the time, but it's possible to improve with meta-cognitive activities and it's definitely possible for us to come to logical conclusions after skeptical scrutiny.

The second half of your commentary is kind of curious. You're saying you don't have a religion, but you've accepted the charter of one. Fair enough, I know people like to use all manner of language to try to distance themselves from institutional presences of religion. This could be challenged with some examination, but people are free to label themselves as they please.

My definition of man in my previous statement was a stand in for humanity, if that helps.

My question about the single answer is to everything is one of the more interesting questions I like to ask monotheists. If people previously credited multiple deities and gods for different phenomena or portions of existence, what have you seen that convinced you there was a single answer (in this case I'm referring to the Christian god).

You also made the claim that people who don't share your beliefs are ignorant because of guilt and anger etc. Maybe you could explain more about this position as well?

9. Proverbs31Woman

Proverbs31Woman Be kinder than necessary! MEMBER

Ratings:
    +879
    I apologize for interjecting this exchange, but want to offer a couple of thoughts. First, Sister Destee I notice you mentioned "this apology", but remind you this is not the "Apologizing to all Christians" thread you may be referencing.

Next, in my opinion, the apology in that thread is Brother Afru Shukuwr's personal apology to those he feels he offended, so it was only meant to those specific and any unnamed person who fits the offended actions. I don't believe it was to put down any other person's belief, but his way of making "his" wrong right.

Last, in this No Excuse not to thank Jesus thread, I get the impression that Brother Afru Shukuwr is attempting to hold true to his belief based from the Holy Bible, and though many do not believe in the Holy Bible, which includes the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, this is "his" belief and he can't mold it to fit everyone else, as the other beliefs mentioned.

I like to keep in mind that not only the Destee family are reading these threads, but a host of others, and what words are not relevant to one is a life saving word for others. My hope is that those who have a different belief would embrace the fact that we all have different beliefs and offer grace where "choice words" were used and see the fiber of the content of this thread.

Love you!
    Edited to add a name title

10. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    Peacee

Admitting that u r not a historian out the gate, negates all else that follows. "That Haitian Guy that defeated the Europeans "? U don't know the name of a brother from a couple hundred years ago, but you're going to give his credit to one u believe was here. Two thousand years ago?

C'mon brother ....