Jails / Prisons : NO ESCAPE FROM PRISON RAPES...

Discussion in 'Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership' started by Isaiah, Jun 16, 2005.

1. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    Recently we've discussed the high incidence of HIV-Aids in our communities, particularly among African American women... I strongly suspect that brothers who've spent time in prison are responsible for the passing along of this disease to our sisters - and in many cases, other brothers...

The Human Rights Watch has done an extensive study of Prison Rape, and regards it as one of the major forms Human Rights abuses in the United States... I have presented the website for some of the case histories of prison rape as presented before U.S. Senate hearings... Thanks to these histories, laws are now being passed to prosecute inmates as well as prison guards who partiicpate in these rapes, or stand by and do nothing while they are being committed...

http://hrw.org/reports/2001/prison/case_histories.html#sm

Peace!
    Isaiah

2. Monetary

Monetary going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +236
    This is ridiculous. The attitude toward the prisoners is what allows this to continue...not to mention the hookups that some of the prisoners may receive from the guards and sargeants.

What's interesting though is that some of the prisoners see nothing wrong with anally penetrating another man...and can still say with a straight face that they...themselves...are not gay. What kind of twisted thinking is that? I guess it's the same kind of twisted thinking that allows a woman to accept a rapper or singer to call them b's and h's and yet sincerely believe that they aren't talking about them.

My people, the mind is a fickle thing. Guard it with your life.

3. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    It is hard to deny that a significant factor in the amount of HIV cases present in our community is either directly or indirectly related to inmates contracting this disease in prison (and later spreading it in the community after they're release). Because most prison inmates are eventually released, and placed back into their communities...the condition of prisons is not a subject that should be ignored. We are all affected by what goes on behind those iron bars.

4. Isaiah

Ratings:
    +62

OOOOOOOh, brother PanAfrica, you BEST believe we are affected and impacted upon by the Prison Industrial Complex!!! Whew, more than a MILLION African men are incarcerated, and the vast majority of them are not serving life sentences... They are, and will be, coming back out into our communities, many bringing their diseases, their prison mentality, and their prison anger back into our communities... I have seen it over the years, and I continue to see it, and how it impacts on, particularly, our children and our women...

That it is conspiratorial in nature, there is no doubt, but we are left to pick up the freakin' pieces of the damage that is done to our brothers in these hellholes... And the damage is a continuing vicious cycle... We talk about how we gone get the brother a job he isn't even qualified for when he gets out, as if that is going to resolve the deeper issues that sent him to prison in the first place...

In NYS, where once a brother could get a G.E.D. while up in there, they wont even fund THAT anymore... It is nothing more than a warehousing of African men to keep white boys upstate employed... It is unimagineable to me that we are raising a generation of knuckleheads who actually want to experience that life... They actually are wearing fashions promoting themselves as STATE PROPERTY... Prison life doesn't impact on African American communities??? Betcha bottom dollar they do...

Peace!
    Isaiah

5. Ralfa'il

Ralfa'il Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +16
    Prison has become a living hell for so many of our bruthaz.

A breeding ground for filth and immorality.

How did it come to this?

Since the government obviously doesn't care what happens to inmates and aren't doing anything to stop it......

Personally, I think the Islamic gangs that exist inside the penal system should actively seek out and put to death all those men guilty of raping other men, and severly punish those who willingly engage in homosexual activity.

We have to keep ourselves in check.

6. Isaiah

Ratings:
    +62
    Monetary, to think these prison officials actually condone and even promote this stuff !!! It is absolutely criminal and inhumane... I just think about how many young brothers, who've not yet started their lives, get infected with AIDS by these lifers, and come back out here, and infect young sisters in the prime of their lives... It is a recipe for genocide, and we've got to get ALL elected officials on this, and now! They must enforce the law in and out of prison...

Peace!
    Isaiah

7. bigtown

bigtown Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +31
    Don't hold your breath on that people.

8. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    Men in prison don't have any other choice for sexual pleasure. I think desperation can cause some to partake in sexual activity they wouldn't normally consider.

9. Ledda

Ledda Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    I worked in a prison that housed both females and males for some time before finally becoming an all womens' facility. I've seen a lot of women guards and women nurses get caught with their pants down in someone's cell. Quite a few married sargeants ended up pregnant by an inmate. What you have to remeber is that there are a lot of corrrupt correctional employees that allow not only have sex with the men and women inmates, but at times allow it for inmates and visitors for a price. They also profit by bringing drugs into the prisons for inmates to sell. Some will tell you that it's just a paycheck for them and if the cameras don't see it, neither do they.

10. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    i might go for that.