Black People : No dreadlocks at Black Enterprise and elsewhere

May I beg you pardon?
Surely you are not saying that the beating of Brotha Rodney King was simply because he was an undesirable?
If the purpose of this site was to call eachother names, and belittle one another.. we wouldnt be here.
SO get this..
its not...
and if you consider yourself.. and undesirable.. as a blk man
then perhaps we should get the cops in here right now?
Because the same profiling that has put us where we are today..
has marked you with your very own scarlett letter...
and it is a S...
for "self hater, or slander" of your own kind..
And as I represent not only myself but my ancestors that have come before and the youth who will surpass me...
I dare not hear of my familys name being associated with the likeness of you again..
The Graves family..
nor hates its self...
nor does it hate another..
nor wrong those who bring them down..
so.. before you associate yourself with a group of people...
or person...
be sure that they dont mind being associated with the likes of you..
cause thats almost slander in my book.

And for the record..
Im neither poor or broke.. even though they are the same things in my book.

And as far as being anti american.... that term only exists because we as blk ppl (you are blk rite) came over on the wrong ship.. it just happened to be a slave (cargo) carrying vessel and not a touring.. vessel of Gentile'men with pale white skin.
Remember... it is black folk who have to fight tooth and nail.. to get into the "american" groups.. like sons and daughters of the american revolution...
if we are so american.. then why dont they just let us in because we too fought for the country..
its because its thier country...
not ours...
and the reason why we still fight is because, we want it so badly to belive that it could one day be seen as our country too.

And if you work so hard...
not giving two cents abot the world around you because you were so busy in your world..
you are just as guilty as the man who has done nothing with his time but drink booze all day...
people are put here to make progress... and to make a change..
not to make judgement.
If that were your job to do..
u wouldnt be here on earth now would you?

But i commend u,
youve made it to this website.. perhaps we can teach you a thing or two.
So you can stop wasting space..
and create change for once.

"Personal growth, is the only way that evolution is possible. It is up to one being to decide he wants to change, and to start that change. Without change, evolution becomes inpossible. Now get to it!" -Me

p.s anafrican is far from poor.. the view of washington he has from his balcony/patio is worth a million dollars!

mrron said:
Well I guess if you are poor and broke, you can say whatever you want to, because you don't have anything to lose. That makes you a real slave, nothing to lose, standing against everything and for nothing. So how do you feed yourself since you don't participate in this system?

Actually I stand up for law enforcement, because the community needs law enforcement to protect it from the undesirables that infest it. You wouldn't be one of those, would you? You sure fit the profile.

You can join forces with the Arabs if you like, they'd be glad to have you. They are always looking for a few loosers to join their ranks. You fit that profile too, anti american, poor and a man of color. I wonder why you live here, it must be for the benefits that hard working people like me have to pay for.

You are wrong again, I own plenty, and whoever the they are you're talking about aren't coming for me. Because I know the law as it pertains to property rights. You should throw away your poison books and get some real knowledge, and stop harboring a slave mentality.

Sometimes I forget just how rich I am!!

PoeticManifesta said:
p.s anafrican is far from poor.. the view of washington he has from his balcony/patio is worth a million dollars!
Right on! But he will most definitely miss that. Folks like him can't appreciate the absolute Beauty that Mother Earth provides ... And that chasers after money destroy in their poor, broken misguided pursuits!

But, yeah! I got lakes, oceans, mountains, rain forests, old growth forests, glaciers, glacial tundra, desert, rivers, creeks, babbling brooks, "the bluest skies you've ever seen", bear, deer, big cats, eagles, falcons ... Ooohh!! And those weren't even the riches that I was thinking of!

And then there are all the Beautiful people I know! especially that Beautious Light that Shines out of the rest of us "broke and poor" folk!

Actually, I guess I just really pity you, MrRon!

Written by Sistah PoeMo:
the view of washington he has from his balcony/patio is worth a million dollars![/color][/font]

First of all, I'd like to say that that is a Powerful statement!

Now on to mrron:

Being that I am growing and developing [and not earning money for doing so in the process], I will save time on this.

However, my question is: Do you value Living the AmeriKKKan Dream, or Living to Know Your Self? Because I am pretty sure that when you live to know who you are, you would know that MONEY has little to no-thing to do with it!

I will close with a short passage from the Husia by Dr. Maulana Karenga:
The Book of Phebor
Page 68
IV

Do not be greedy lest your name send forth an offensive odor. Greed brings conflict and fighting in a house. It takes all sense of shame, mercy and trust from one's heart and it causes turmoil in a family. Those who are greedy do not like to give to those who gave to them. They do not consider tomorrow, for they are only concerned with the moment. There is no end to the wrong done when money and greed are together. Money is the trap God placed on earth for the ungodly so that they would worry each day. But He gives it to those whom He favors in order to take away worry from their hearts.

My Goodness! No wonder why I am enjoying life so much - I don't get up every morning worried about how I will make a dollar! Well - you do what you have to do, but as for me, I choose to Know Thy Self, and not collect millions of dollars in doing so.

KD

Man, KD! Now you have just got to stop talking about being young and thangs! Chronology ain't got as much to do with Wisdom as some would make out! Keep on keeping on!! And, again, Thank You for all that you do/are!

That quote is so close to where I live! I do not do "wants". And I don't worry about "needs". Living Life properly, my "needs" will be met as they are needed. For many years, dealing with the system, folks would ask me "how do you survive", and my answer has always been "<shrug> I just keep Breathing!". (Come to that, I've been feeling like it might be time to walk away from this apartment and all this stuff again. Just grab my toothbrush, make up a bedroll out of some blankets, a couple pair of jeans, underwear, socks, tee shirts, shoes and do some more "Walkabout".)

"God's Will Provides!" If it ain't there, I must not need it. When I need it; it is there.

anAfrican said:
Man, KD! Now you have just got to stop talking about being young and thangs! Chronology ain't got as much to do with Wisdom as some would make out! Keep on keeping on!! And, again, Thank You for all that you do/are!

That quote is so close to where I live! I do not do "wants". And I don't worry about "needs". Living Life properly, my "needs" will be met as they are needed. For many years, dealing with the system, folks would ask me "how do you survive", and my answer has always been "<shrug> I just keep Breathing!". (Come to that, I've been feeling like it might be time to walk away from this apartment and all this stuff again. Just grab my toothbrush, make up a bedroll out of some blankets, a couple pair of jeans, underwear, socks, tee shirts, shoes and do some more "Walkabout".)

"God's Will Provides!" If it ain't there, I must not need it. When I need it; it is there.

Well-

Just as my Signature indicates:

...What you just offered me [and the Generation(s) of young folk striving for Knowledge] was more "Wise Words from those Wise with Words." Keep doing what you're doing as well.

"Let us all Inhale Knowledge, and Exhale Ignorance." - Wise Words from those Wise with Words

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back