Black People : No debit Cards allowed in your black area??

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Therious, Nov 30, 2005.

1. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    Here in VA-BEACH/Norfolk VA while at a night spot frequented by AA"S this establishment did not accept debit cards. While the white clubs in the same area did. Then the other day while at a A-rab owned convinience store these people did not accept debit cards either. My family told me he went into a korean store near Norfolk State University (HBU in Black Area) and they tried to make him purchase a ten dollar minimum in order to use debit card.

Now I know why the Koreans tried the 10 dollar minimum because businesses are charged for using credit cards. I was sickened by the fact that these A-rab owned stores in black areas refuse to take credit or debit cards. We must not buy anything from these stinking clowns. I felt like grabing this A-rab punk over the counter and kicking his head in because of the simple fact in a white area they would accept plastic payment no doubt.

There have been many threads about why blacks make these no deodorant using habibs rich while they continue to disrespect. we must stop using these stores altogether. If we were in A-rab land theyd throw a bomb through the window of any store that disrespected.

My question is is this a trend elswhere in the black areas of this country. has anyone else noticed this trend??

2. Monetary

Monetary going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +236
    I'm in Detroit...downtown Detroit at that. And everywhere I go I am able use my debit card. I don't call it a debit card. I just give it to them like it's a regular credit card.

3. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    mEANING ANY TYPE OF PLASTIC PAYMENT CREDIT OR DEBIT.

4. Radical Faith

Radical Faith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137
    What up Therious? Long time bruh. I encountered that once. I went into a convenience store here in Greensboro, NC owned an Arab not buy choice but it was New Years day and all the other stores were closed. He had a $5.00 minimum purchase in order to use the debit card. I needed some milk and all he had was 1 12oz. small bottle of milk. I didn't know that was his policy until he rudely pointed at out once I got up to the counter. I asked if he had any other sizes of whole milk and again rudely he said "What you see it all I have." I said OK and walked out his store and leaving the milk on counter. I don't understand what the deal is. It's to a stores advantage have the option to pay with a debit card. You will build up a larger customer base. Though Arabs and Asians seem to be relegated to start they businesses in poverty stricken Black neighborhoods it's not alway only about race that gives them their hostile attitude. In many of these countries merchants in the market places are accustomed to haggling for reasonable prices with customers. This is especial true of Arab nations. In fact many of them look forward to a good haggle. They forget sometime there in America or we don't play that. Then sometimes they use that to their advantage. Either way if they don't start treating us like they need our business instead of we need them then we could easily make them dry up go back to driving taxi cabs...

Peace.....

5. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    Many people confuse Arabs with Indian/Pakistani people. In my part of town, North Indians, dominate the mom&pop mini store chains. These people may not have total respect for Blacks, but it is a little more tolerable than doing business with Arabs, I can imagine. Many times they will charge an extra dollar on your till, if you're not paying attention. Other than that I frequent supermarkets for my needs, and don't like "payng for convenience" by shopping at 'Quik-E-Marts'.

6. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    WHAT UP RF,

YEAH GOOD POINT ON CONTRAST OF CULTURE. MANY ARE USED TO THE HAGGLE SYSTEM. I TRY NOT TO PATRONIZE THESE STORES IF POSSIBLE. I MEAN ON THE OTHER HAND ULL JUST END UP SPENDING WITH SOME WHITE SUPERMARKET. BUT AT LEAST U MAY BE TREATED BETTER BY A LARGE CHAIN WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE GUIDE LINES. THERE ARE ARAB/INDIAN/PAKISTANI STORES IN WHITER AREAS IN MY CITY. THEY ALL ACCEPT PLASTIC.

PEACE

7. Radical Faith

Radical Faith Well-Known Member MEMBER

Operations Manager
    Ratings:
    +137

Stay outta Big Tiny and Go to Kroger. Not only do they treat you better, they employ brothers and sisters and some store are even managed by brothers and sister.

Peace....

8. MANASIAC

MANASIAC Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Technical Analyst
    Ratings:
    +38
    The Purported Ideal by alot of Black Buisnesses is this:

If I pay for VISA, I will have to increase my prices which will decrease my revenue.

The reality is that, allowing for plastic pays for itself. Business owners can afford to pay VISA and increase buisness by adding the cost of using the Visa across the board. IE if visa costs 10 to use, just charge a 1 buck extra per product.

Every other profitable store is doing it all ready, our people need to get right.

Manasiac.