Black People : No Child Left Behind, better known as No Child Gets Ahead.

Da Street So'ja

BANNED
Jun 11, 2001
where failure is not an option
Occupation
thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
Ron from Syracuse writes:

I hope the next President does away with No Child Left Behind, better known as No Child Gets Ahead. Teachers are enforcing mediocrity, not excellence, and are more concerned with children's self-esteem than their competence. I don't care if my nephew has low self-esteem; I want him to be able to read and comprehend, write a proper letter and understand calculus. If he can't do that, he shouldn't graduate.

i thought this was great

Well...

I hope the next President does away with No Child Left Behind, better known as No Child Gets Ahead. Teachers are enforcing mediocrity, not excellence, and are more concerned with children's self-esteem than their competence. I don't care if my nephew has low self-esteem; I want him to be able to read and comprehend, write a proper letter and understand calculus. If he can't do that, he shouldn't graduate.

i thought this was great

It seems Ron has bought into the system whole-heartedly. Either he didn't give a great deal of thought to his statement or he is not aware that he is advancing a system that tells our children that they are only as good as this oppressive system says they are based on subjective standards.

First of all realize that the formal education system is geared towards two things. Believe what we tell you to believe wheather it is logica/factual or not. And to teach our children to fight for a good J.O.B. (Just over broke). In both instances once our children have bought into it by believing that they can only be as good as this system says they are we are doomed. So we must take care to help our children's self-esteem or they will suffer greatly.

i think you make a great point too

It seems Ron has bought into the system whole-heartedly. Either he didn't give a great deal of thought to his statement or he is not aware that he is advancing a system that tells our children that they are only as good as this oppressive system says they are based on subjective standards.

First of all realize that the formal education system is geared towards two things. Believe what we tell you to believe wheather it is logica/factual or not. And to teach our children to fight for a good J.O.B. (Just over broke). In both instances once our children have bought into it by believing that they can only be as good as this system says they are we are doomed. So we must take care to help our children's self-esteem or they will suffer greatly.

i think RON, is saying he just wants his nephew to have a fighting chance

i understand what he's saying and i understand what you're saying

but the system is not going anywhere, not right this minute,

why not build self-esteem and educate,

i think ron meant sacrificing competence for self-esteem is not helpful

so you can feel good about yourself but if you can't read and write

well....................................

Brother A007:

While I do have a problem with Ron's statement about of low self-esteem his main point was right on target. Our children do need to be able to put a simple sentence together..to understand what they are reading..and to advance as much as possible in the field of mathematic. So to me he has not bought into the system. But quite the opposite....I have had the, I want to say pleasure of meeting some of these kids that he's is talking about. But after talking with them what was pleasure quickly turn to disbelief. Some can't even do simple math.....

How can we raise a nation of builders in our struggle if they are not prepared? How can we enlighten our children if they can't even read what we are writing for them to see years form now...not just today? How can we expect them to read a slide rule or take us to the next level of this struggle if they are not prepared? Low self-esteem is something that can be molded and shaped with ever hurdle that they overcome and this will give them confidence.... confidence and pride..pride in the things that they have achieved and confidence in knowing that if a problem should arise they can handle or solve it. I could go on and on, but I'm sure you or others may have something you'd like to say......

Lilpea

i thought this was great

Self esteem is the cornerstone of success, if you dont have it you really cant have anything or do anything for that matter....

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on $$RICH$$'s profile.
$$RUCH. SO COOL.VBRO. WHAT MY bornday. Again. Destee. June. U didn't call. Phone me. I'm loosingbit. In my dopamine euphoria. None stop. I send my new pic. Noylt. Me. That guy. Wears 1x. I wear.b3x. Ok love Destee Fam. Errors I don't care ok. Love
Destee wrote on MANASIAC's profile.
I saw you ... :yaay: ... Welcome Home! ... :flowers:
Back