destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Below is an excerpt of commentary by Bennie Bunsee, Cape Town

Unfortunately Africanism is a swear word in our country. It instills fear of savagery and barbarism in the minds of South Africans - whites, Indians, coloureds and westernised Africans themselves. The African has become "the other" in the land that they have occupied since time immemorial.

This is because we are all embedded in a dominant Eurocentric culture and whiteness dominates our beings. There are no black people in South Africa. We are all white people. Our minds are white. Most of all our black intelligentsia - Indians, coloureds , Africans - think white. Culture determines our social nature.

Our culture is totally Eurocentric, the result of 360 years of unremitting colonialism that totally negated African and black culture.

The destruction of African civilisation, culture and peoples by foreigners of all ilk over 2 000 years of oppression is one of the great tragedies of the human race.

Click Here To Read It All

:heart:

Destee

You know smething: we have not helped the situation by falling into the trap of attacking our natural allies such as the Pak-Indians and the Muslims. We have only succeed in alienating them. So, I can undertsand their negative reaction to Africanism.

However, it has been my personal experience that Asian fear of Africanism is most closely related to the expulsion of Asians from Uganda in the 1970's. What we have created is a situation whereby this community fights Africanism. But, anti-Africanism is not the same thing as anti-Black or racism. The Asians in Africa are mainly Muslims. Islam specifically and explicitly outlaws any form of racism. This is why Black skin people have no problem entering the Asian community as Muslims. But, once there, we often find that they strongly discourage Africanism. This is often covered in cloak of Islam. In other words, the Asians find justification for their anti-Africanism in their religion of Islam. In this way, Islam becomes a tool against Africanism and Pan-Africanism.

FUDAA is well aware of this tragic situation. This is why we fully accept Islam's anti-racism. An African cannot be and has never been defined in terms of race (except by whites, zionists and confused descendants of slaves in the Diaspora). An African is not necessarily a person who has Black skin. If we look very closely, we will see that there are very few people in southern Africa who actually have Black skin. The Zulus Xhosas and other eehnic groups have a very beautiful brown and brownish complexion similar to that of eastern Africa in Sudan, Somalia and Ethiopia. I have little inclinantion towards anthropology because I think antropology tends to confuse Pan-fricanism by encouraging tribalism. But, I think anthropology will show that one of the reasons for the brownish complexions in southern and eastern Africa is our long history of intimate contact with our neighbors to the east in Indian Ocean Islands and the Indian sub-Continent.

Not only do we see brownish to yellowish and light complexions in the indigenous peoples of that part of Africa, we also see a dark complexion among the Asians in that part of Asia. In other words, since pre-historic times, there has always been a two-way communication and relationship betweeen southern and eastern Africa and the lands of the Indian Ocean. So, Africans become lighter in complexion while the Asians become darker in complexion. This is due to intimate contact and intermarriage between Africans and Asians in Aisa and in Africa.

I could go on and on to prove this theory. But, I think you get the point. This is one reaseon it makes absolutely no sense to try to define us in terms of race or skin color.

As we regain our freedom and independence, we must re-establish the natural and normal relationships between the Asians and Africans. This is due primarily to economic exigencies. Africa can produce foodstuffs far less costly than Asia. This is due to the relatively smaller population of Africa per sguare mileage due to the scattering of our ancestors during the slavetrade. This makes land more readily available for agriculture. This means that we can produce far more food at a very low cost than Asia can produce. It costs a great of money and other resources to produce food in Asia because Asia has such a huge population density. In Japan, for instance, a pound of beef may cost as much as $20-30. A similar pound of beef prodeuced in Africa may cost less than $5.

What we see here is an economic need for food producers in Africa to sell their surpluses to Asia. This helps Asia because they can pay less for food. It helps Africa because we need markets for our products. A perfect fit.

This is the essence of real Pan-Africanism, not fake Pan-Africanism. We can usually identify a fake Pan-Africanist because when he is not talking some stupid Black racism, he is talking in unitary ideology. By unitary ideology, I mean an ideology divorced from dialectics. Dialectial Law dictates that politics and economics are linked. We cannot have politics without economics and vice versa. This means, by logic, that we cannot have the Unification of Africa without Economic Development and vice versa. As we Unify Africa, we must Develop our economy and vice versa. To develop our enomy, we must do business with the Asians. This is why FUDAA named itself a Unification Front and a Development Front.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back