Black Sports : no afro for swoopes

I agree with the above statement

I'm a sista who does actually rock my fro...and I do mean rock it :wink: . When I first cut my hair most folks were like :jawdrop: "what you gon' do to it?"... :nono: "why you do that?" and what killed me was that those comments came from the generation that began the craze of wearing tha "I'm black and I'm proud fro"(folks in their forties and fifties.) Oh my lets not leave out the elderly..."baby what you do to your hair?) :bomb: boooooy if they weren't old lol. Really though, I don't get mad when someone dishes opinion on my natural...unless i look over and I see someone with a perm that does absolutely nothing for them....and I see that all too often ,hee hee.

*pattin My fro*
-Muse :rolling:

one thing is like everything else the fro is coming back in style
now i agree in today's time women some not all can't or won't
look up to part with a big fro but i have seen some with short
style fro's and they look good .............break out the fist pick again
it's coming in slow but rapidly

the fro, dreads, braids, mini fro, or nappy natural. must be kept right...groomed. i have many sistas at my job that are weav/perm crazy. its sad, they literally walk around looking like clowns in an uncontious attempt at whiteness. to each their own yeah yeah yeah, the fro gives off a statement of power,as do other natural black hair styles. funny when i see a sista with fake braids im like, if u would just let ur hair grow naturally ud have real braids.

I think that the worse part is probably the fact that it seems she thinks she's above afros, or like they're beneath her. The fact that there was laughter makes me dislike the statement. It's one thing to not like the style on yourself, but there are many people that look hot with afros, braids, dreds or whatever. Those wack hairstyles that she's been wearing should be what they're laughing at, because those were just straight-up tacky IMO.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back