Omowale Jabali : NIT (Neith, Net), Mother of the Mothers

Discussion in 'Omowale Jabali' started by Omowale Jabali, Nov 29, 2005.

1. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    NIT, the "Lady of the West" was one of the oldest of all KMT goddesses and her worship was widespread in pre-dynastic times. Many attempts were made to arrive at conclusions concerning her earliest attributes by means of etymology but have proven unsatisfactory because they only illustrrate the views of the Egyptians in comparatively late dynastic times and several of them only explain the objects which the Goddess is seen as holding in her hands in pictures.

In late dynastic times NIT was regarded as a form of Het-Hur (Hathor) but at an earlier period she was a personification of a for of the Great Inert, primeval watery mass out of which sprang the Sun-God RA, and it is possible the name NIT is akin to NUT.

Connected with the word, netet, she may be described as the goddess of weaving as she often was depicted upon her head with a shuttle.

NIT's most characteristic symbols were two arrows and a shield and was typically identified as a Warrior-Goddess, who the greeks later associated with Athena and Minerva.

The most ancient and famous sanctuary of Net was at Sais, "Saut", the capitol of the fifth nome of Lower Egypt, which bore the name "Sapi-meht", i.e. 'Sapi of the North' which was also called Het-Net, i.e. "House of Net".

At Sais was held the great annual festival in honor of Isis-Net, as recorded by Herodotus.

The earliest form of NIT's name is found on an ivory cover of a box and on an ivory vase, where it occurs in connection with 'hetep', and so serves as a constituent part of the proper Net-hetep.

Net-hetep was connected with the early king SMA, and she appears to have been the wife of king AHA, who has been identified with MENA (Menes), the First Historical King of KMT

Before the unification of Lower and upper KMT Neith was the most important deity in lower KMT and therefore the red crown made of reeds, also called Nit, became the symbol of lower KMT.

The approximate Feast Day of Neith is 8th December-23rd Tybi and 26th December-11th Mechir.

The brilliant Festival of Lights as Neith Goes Forth from Sais is 19th January-5th Pamenot.

2. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    Excellent thread.

Thanks for sharing with the family.

3. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    Brother, it's my duty and honor.

It's interesting because I was inspired to write this post for several reasons and noticed the post with the article by brother Grisso which I have been reading as well. Particularly, since I am a Sagittarius, born on Wednesday, I have been reading about Sebek, the son of Neith, both of which would be considered my Ancestral Spirits related to my day of birth.

In association this article also inspired the other thread on Sagittarius and the Number 9. Generally, most of the information regarding spirits focuses on the number seven, i.e. the Seven Spirits, the 7 Divisions of the Spirit, etc.

However, in my studies I have found there are actually 9 Divisions of the Soul/Spirit and this involves the aspect of the "soul memory". The 9th sphere also relates to Auset, and my daughter was born on Monday, which associated her further to Yemoja-Auset. She is further associated with Nana Esi, Mami Wata, and in the Christian faith she would correspond most closely to Mary.

The point is, focusing the past few days on HONORING the Ancesstress "Neith" has "Opened the Way" to a greater understanding of who (I) am as "Sebek takes things apart and puts them in logical order or relationship"

Hetep!

4. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    Ahhhh I see what you mean brotha. Brotha do you have a consecrated shrine in your home?

5. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    No brother, I don't.

I have not quite gotten my new home in order.

However, this month I most likely will make this a project.

6. Omowale Jabali

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

Bumping this for my Ophiuchi. The Way IS Open.

7. Jaisolovely

Jaisolovely Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    I am a Leo and was born on a Saturday so who are my ancestral spirits?