Amun-Ra : ******, Niggerz, ******

Amun-Ra

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 15, 2001
Dallas
Occupation
Sales Management
Nigge*! In my father’s day calling another black person a nigge* was a good way to get a swift introduction to someone’s fist. From the moment black people set foot on this soil, they have been called everything except that which they are—humans beings. However, the term that was used in the most malicious, degrading and demeaning manner was nigge*. White people used it almost exclusively to mean persons of African descent and included with the verbal baggage came the connotations we desperately try to avoid today such as shiftless, lazy and dumb.

Slaves can be forgiven for calling themselves ******* because that is only words they knew until they learned different. They lost their native languages and adopted the English of the slave masters, which included nigge*. Now that the N-word, as it is so sheepishly referred to in the politically correct word, has become a regular part of the naming conventions in how we refer to ourselves, especially over the past 30 years. Now we have updated to include niggah, niggerz, ****** and host of other short hand speaking that still leaves no doubt as to the word.

Nigge*! Some say they say and mean it in a loving way. Others say it is a legitimate way to refer to ourselves, while still others say it should be deleted from the lexicon of American English. However, Nigge* is just one of many words we use to refer to ourselves. We also call ourselves and each other *******, ho’s, dogs and of course, nigge*!

Personally, I am none of those things and I resent being any of them or having any of my family being referred to by those names. I am not a dog. I do not lick my balls and my *** all day and scratch for fleas. I am not a womanizing, cheating, non-working man whose only interest is in getting over. My mother and sister are not ******* or ho’s. They never have been and never will be. I am not a ho. I respect myself and others, even those who are not worthy of that respect. Most of all, I am not a nigge*. Some say it is a term of endearment, but what term of endearment sparks anger if it comes from the wrong mouth? What term gives onlookers the thought that “it’s true what they say about black people having no respect for themselves?”

If that is not enough, then I stay away from it because it was not a name I gave myself. I did not choose to be called nigge*, that is what others made me. It is from the vocabulary slave owners and bigots that has no legitimate purpose other than as a term of demeanment. But what about “my *****,” “my niggerz” or “****** with Attitude?” That is a personal choice and it one that I choose not to adopt. I use the word in my writing as a dramatic key for realism or as a shock element, but most of the shock has been taken out of the word, except when it falls from the wrong lips.

Dawg? Not hardly. I won’t even be your boy. Calling a man boy when I grew up was an invitation to an *** kicking. I don’t answer to Roy or anything that sounds like boy. I don’t call women ******* or ho’s because I remember that I have a mother and sister. As much as we may want to paint a harmless picture of the names we call ourselves, the pictures we paint go far beyond our community and leaves bad art for the rest of the world to view, no matter that it isn’t who we are.

I’ve said all of this to say, that you can call each other what you please but when you refer to me, if you can’t remember my name, call me Mister or Sir.

Amun-Ra

:yo:

RIGHT ON TIME!!!

AGAIN ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF HOW WE WANT TO TURN A WORD AROUND TO MAKE US LOOK WORSE THAN WE HAVE ALREADY BEEN MADE TO FEEL.

WORDS ARE LIKE KNIVES, THEY CAN CUT TO HURT OR TO HEAL...IT'S UP TO THE SPEAKER AND/OR WRITER WHAT THEY WILL DO WITH THEM.

I HATE THAT WORD AND WORK TO ALWAYS ENCOURAGE MY PEEPS NOT TO USE IT IN ANY FASHION OR FORM...ESPECIALLY MY YOUNG KINGS AND QUEENS!!!

THE MUSIC INDUSTRY AND THE HIP-HOP CULTURE IN GENERAL TEND TO TAKE THIS WORD TO ANOTHER LEVEL AND ACT AS IF IT IS A GREETING TO EACH OTHER. IT REALLY DISGUSTS ME TO HEAR OTHER CULTURES TAKE THIS SAME WORD AND EACH OTHER IN THEIR OWN GROUPS THE SAME WORD NOT TAKING INTO MIND WHERE AND WHY IT EVEN EXISTED.

KEEP EDUCATION OF THE SPIRIT AND MIND ALIVE...

PEACE TO YOUR FACTION AND SPIRIT!

:blob fire: :blob fire: :blob fire:

More

Of course I have dismissed the topic out of hand based on my personal thoughts and that has given the subject short shrift. Surely, it warrants further discussion as to the pros and cons. I can think of instances where the sobriquet would be absolutely correct even though it might be inflammatory. I will be revisiting this and trying to take a more balanced view.

Ra

:D

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back