Amun-Ra : ******, Niggerz, ******

Just can't have it both ways . . .

. . . this is a troubling word for all that it has represented in the past and what it continues to represent for some right now at this moment--still, it is either a term that can be used by all freely and in any circumstance, or it is a word that cannot--if it cannot be used--then it gives rise to the thought--who determines which people can or cannot use it?

Ra

:)

Hey Amun-Ra ... :love:

The word is here to stay. It is a word. Have any other words been "outlawed?" Attempting to outlaw a word, would probably make it more popular. With a house full of writers of words, conscious writers of words ... others will see ... and the focus will be other words, better words, stronger words, more encouraging words.

Thank you for your words Amun-Ra.

:heart:

Destee

Again I seem to be the voice of dissention. I don't mind. Let me preface this by saying I only have 30 years on this earth and that much of what I think comes from self-reflection Thus, this is my opinion and it is meant to provoke thought and nothing more.

I could care less about the word ****** in any form, spelling, or fashion. I understand the origin, the use of it to keep us feeling inferior, and the detrement it did to our pshcye as a people. However, it is just a word. I wouldn't give care if a white person or black called me that to my face, behind my back, on a wall, as endearment, or any other way. The fact is...I am not. So you can call me what you want to you are blue in the face it doesn't change who I am or who I will become. So I refuse to give that word or any other the power to insite anger in me. Call me dawg, boy, girl, ***, or whatever you want and it will not change who i am. So therefore, it has no power. I we didn't hate it so much do you think it would have given them power over us? Do you understand that when you react in a negative way to a word the person that used it has power over you? I have experienced being called ****** to my face by a white man at the age of 11. Because I was taught that it had no power, I laughed. The man got more angry. He called me "too stupid to know I was insulted", I laughed again. He got more angry. He called "***", I laughed yet again. He said again "you are too stupid to know you are being insulted" My reply...."no you are too stupid to know you are!! You are the one whos upset" I HAD THE POWER IN THAT EXCHANGE. simply because i was taught that words only have power if you let them!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back