Nigeria : Nigerians

Destee said:
No Sister, i'm not saying all of that. We must be responsible for our actions, and not continue to perpetuate what is being done to us.

But when i hear you speaking so negatively regarding an entire group of our people ... all victims of white supremacy ... makes it appear as though you are not considering the overwhelming influence that white supremacy plays in this picture.
We don't have to go to Nigeria, to point out where Black people need to do better. We can go to most any place that Black people are allowed to congregate, and see us doing virtually the same. Not only in Nigeria, but where ever we are ... you will find lots of the worst of everything.

None of this is by accident, as it is global. Where ever you find us, you find us mistreating each other. We manifest the weapons of mass destruction put upon us, very well. We are victims, and so, we act like victims. The only way not to be a victim, living under a universal system of white supremacy, is to be white ... or replace that system with a system of justice.

If pointing fingers at each other were the answer, then surely we would have cleaned up our own back yard by now, and Nigeria, or any other place in the world would welcome our critique, for we would also be bringing with us answers ... but we have no answers ... for we have not solved the problem in our own backyard. The problem is white supremacy (racism).

:heart:

Destee

Destee, I'm willing to accept what you're saying here as an "extenuating circumstance.", but I continue to say, and I'm happy that you agree, that blacks must be help accountable for our actions.

Unlike African Americans and other Blacks in the Diaspora, Nigerians, as well as some other continental Africans, were never robbed of their language, culture, name, or knowledge of self as Brother CD rightfully points out that Blacks in the Diaspora were. All of those cultural attributes are very much intact among Nigerians. Actually, according to some of their scholars, much of the internal workings of Nigerian culture are the same as they were since way before slavery, especially in non-urban areas. Please bear in mind that many Africans have never seen a white person.

But this really disturbs me: It sounds like you're saying that most black people lack free will when you say 'we are victims' and are and will continue to be the mere helpless pawns of whites.

I could also draw the conclusion from what you're saying that even Nigerians and other continentals who retained their culture and language fared differently but no better against white supremacy than those of us in the Diaspora. This means that reclaiming African culture and language (as some Blacks in the West are trying so hard to do) is pointless as long as white supremacy exists. I mean, why would we be trying to get something back that obviously did not protect the continental Africans who always had and still have it. Just a rhetorical point.

I wouldnt attach too much emotion to what you have said so far. I think you have a sizable blindspot. You seem to go on about cultural robbery, and it seems to be your main obsession. Those are your personal issues, and they have nothing to do with the topic at hand.

As a Nigerian I do not feel I need to explain anything to you. Your opinions count for nothing and your pity is certainly rejected. However, I will feel guilty if I did not give you a chance of enligtenment.

To Clarify, Nigerians are NOT the only ones involved in fraudlent activities. Unfortunately for us, we have criminals from other African countries who take advantage of notoriety and call themselves "Nigerians". I treated a "Nigerian" patient in a hospital once, whose economic activities were questionable.

The common denominator for all Africans in Diaspora and in the Continent is economic domination by an International system heavily biased towards the West. This is not a blame whitey. You are more of a professional in blaming whitey than me. This is reality.

The actions of any criminal few is guided by the need to survive by any means necessary, societal laws being thrown out of the window. If you want to continue to attack an African people you hold so much grudges and cultural hang ups towards, then by God attack the International economic system that is turning their homelands into places where the only way out is fraud on the internet.

Riada said:
Destee, I'm willing to accept what you're saying here as an "extenuating circumstance.", but I continue to say, and I'm happy that you agree, that blacks must be help accountable for our actions.

Unlike African Americans and other Blacks in the Diaspora, Nigerians, as well as some other continental Africans, were never robbed of their language, culture, name, or knowledge of self as Brother CD rightfully points out that Blacks in the Diaspora were. All of those cultural attributes are very much intact among Nigerians. Actually, according to some of their scholars, much of the internal workings of Nigerian culture are the same as they were since way before slavery, especially in non-urban areas. Please bear in mind that many Africans have never seen a white person.

But this really disturbs me: It sounds like you're saying that most black people lack free will when you say 'we are victims' and are and will continue to be the mere helpless pawns of whites.

I could also draw the conclusion from what you're saying that even Nigerians and other continentals who retained their culture and language fared differently but no better against white supremacy than those of us in the Diaspora. This means that reclaiming African culture and language (as some Blacks in the West are trying so hard to do) is pointless as long as white supremacy exists. I mean, why would we be trying to get something back that obviously did not protect the continental Africans who always had and still have it. Just a rhetorical point.

militant said:
I wouldnt attach too much emotion to what you have said so far. I think you have a sizable blindspot. You seem to go on about cultural robbery, and it seems to be your main obsession. Those are your personal issues, and they have nothing to do with the topic at hand.

As a Nigerian I do not feel I need to explain anything to you. Your opinions count for nothing and your pity is certainly rejected. However, I will feel guilty if I did not give you a chance of enligtenment.

To Clarify, Nigerians are NOT the only ones involved in fraudlent activities. Unfortunately for us, we have criminals from other African countries who take advantage of notoriety and call themselves "Nigerians". I treated a "Nigerian" patient in a hospital once, whose economic activities were questionable.

The common denominator for all Africans in Diaspora and in the Continent is economic domination by an International system heavily biased towards the West. This is not a blame whitey. You are more of a professional in blaming whitey than me. This is reality.

The actions of any criminal few is guided by the need to survive by any means necessary, societal laws being thrown out of the window. If you want to continue to attack an African people you hold so much grudges and cultural hang ups towards, then by God attack the International economic system that is turning their homelands into places where the only way out is fraud on the internet.

.............Whew! Brotha I felt the fire in those words!

As my Beloved Brothas from the 'Solvivaz Nation' say in one of their songs..."Father(s) Keep it MILITANT uhuh...!" LOL! (Had to mention that)

Peace

KD

Cedric Denson said:
.............Whew! Brotha I felt the fire in those words!

As my Beloved Brothas from the 'Solvivaz Nation' say in one of their songs..."Father(s) Keep it MILITANT uhuh...!" LOL! (Had to mention that)

Peace

KD

I do not understand Afrikans who think everyone is in the business of blaming whitey. This issue is not even limited to Nigerian criminals.

Only a blind person will not see that Afrikan culture (Diaspora and Continental) is under constant attack. Just recently, we have this reality show called "Survivor of the Races" with a sole purpose to display a deficiency of negroes. And here we have Riada going about on blame whitey.

The fact is no black person on this planet wants to live a life of crime or poverty. A man's enthusiasm is limited by his options. To ascribe criminal mentality, or poverty mentality to any man without taking cognisance of the poor choice of options afforded to him by white supremacy, is flat out prejudice. She is no better than the white supremacists, infact she is finishing their job for them.

We are not exempting anyone here. A criminal should be condemned. But the condition that makes a criminal should also be condemned. And such unfavorable conditions need to be changed by concerted efforts of all Afrikans!

Riada said:

Sister Riada ... Mr. Neely Fuller says the same as you, regarding some of your comments above. He says that we should not spend so much time worrying about history, what happened yesterday, last year, or 10,000 years ago. He says that we should only be concerned about history long enough to determine where we went wrong, how we got in this mess ... and not 5 minutes more of history is needed. He says that we should be focusing on today, and how to replace this universal system of white supremacy with a system of justice.

He also likens the world to one great big slave ship, and all of the non-white people are in the bottom of that ship. No matter where on the earth you may reside, if you are non-white, you are on the bottom of that slave ship. Of course the white people will occasionally let some of us out of the bottom of the ship, to walk around on deck, get a little sun, do some work for them, etc., but whenever they tell you to go back down in the bottom of that ship, back you will go.

He says that racial enslavement never ended.

He says that no matter where in the world a non-white person resides, they are dependent on white supremacists to supply all of their needs. Even in those places you mention, where non-white people have never seen a white person, they are controlled by white people.

What do Black people produce, besides problems, Mr. Neely Fuller, Jr. asks?

You mention pawns, but tell me Sister, if white people wanted to turn off your lights right now, no matter that you paid the bill, could they do it, and could you stop them? If they wanted to cut off your access to water, could they do it, and could you stop them? If they wanted to lock up a disproportionate number of Black Men in their system of justice, could they do it, and could you stop them?

At the end of every day, who controls the world?

Again i quote Mr. Neely Fuller, Jr. ...

If you do not understand 'white' supremacy (as racism)
----- what it is, and how it works ------
everything else that you understand, will only confuse you.​

:heart:

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

TractorsPakistan.com is one of the leading tractor exporters from Pakistan to Africa and the Caribbean regions.
HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Back