Nigeria : Nigerian's war against corruption

panafrica said:
I would assume that Kenya isn't ranked because Nigeria's corruption reaches beyond its borders. Nigerians have a reputation for fraud & corruption worldwide. In America they are famous for email & banking scams. They are notorious for similar scams in Europe. Even the Africans I know caution people about doing business with Nigerians, They have unfortunately earned a reputation for not being trustworthy. That does need to be addressed.

Oh yeah? And their reputation for being the most eduated black nation in the world? educate yourself brother, and stop the hate. this same mantra was repeated by indya in a later thread

militant said:
Oh yeah? And their reputation for being the most eduated black nation in the world? educate yourself brother, and stop the hate. this same mantra was repeated by indya in a later thread

I'm not responsible for what Indya repeats. She was not/is not my motivation for the threads I create. Are you saying that Nigeria doesn't have a problem with corruption? If so, that belief would be disputed by many, including Nigeria's President! Nigerians are usually highly educated, which is a great achievement. However what does high educational attainment matter, if widespread corruption prevents the country from taking for advantage of their ability?

panafrica said:
I'm not responsible for what Indya repeats. She was not/is not my motivation for the threads I create. Are you saying that Nigeria doesn't have a problem with corruption? If so, that belief would be disputed by many, including Nigeria's President! Nigerians are usually highly educated, which is a great achievement. However what does high educational attainment matter, if widespread corruption prevents the country from taking for advantage of their ability?

Absolutely. I am the first to admit that Nigeria is a very corrupt nation. Even with the efforts of the president, there are some elements in the country especially past dictators who do not see it in their interest, that Nigeria should be transparent. The image of nigeria is continually tarnished by corrupt elements. It is inexcusable, and both Nigerians and africans(both continental and diaspora) have a right to call a fellow african nation to order. But here is my take. Many of us do not know that a concept of Pan-africanism is a very complex one. Africans come here and demand solidarity and oneness with African amerians, but their resentment to other african nations gets to a point where they actively defame another african nation by mere word of mouth. Since when did these "african brothers" become business advisors for other countries such as Nigeria? My brother, I am speaking out of experience, being disappointed by my fellow africans. All I can say is that I have come to discover that the concept of Pan-Africansim is more complex than what we make it to be. It is riddled with mines of african resentment towards each other because inferiority complex. Some countries feel they are too small, the only thing identifying them is a point on the map of Africa and regular appearance on CNN international diseased africa news bulletin. Its a long story on why i think we have a long way to go for Pan-Africanism, and if I begin to tell why i think so, you will all be shocked.
To drive my point home on the complexity of pan-Africanism , try to get a copy of the minutes of the African Development Bank meeting where a new chairman was to be elected. It became apparent that:
1) There was a tussle between the choice of european shareholders and african share holders
2) The european share holders forwarded a stooge from Rwanda(nothing against Rwanda, stooges are in every african country) as a candidate to head the bank, because they felt the african shareholder's candidate was "too indepenent, pro-african and not really in their interests'...those were their exact words. The current standing is the african candidate 42% and the european stooge 40%, 50% plus one needed to win. They have suspended all voting till end of July.
3) They have began canvassing support for this candidate including a promise of debt relief for countries who vote for this stooge candidate. Interestingly, "debt relief" was promised to some strategically chosen African nations recently.
We need to build true brotherhood.

panafrica said:

Pan, you're absolutely right about Nigeria... I have Nigerian friends whom I had the gall to argue with out of my romanticism about West Africa, who stood me up, and set me straight on this...

Brother Militant, I am glad that you did come to some consensus with Brother Pan's viewpoint in your last post... Brother, we understand many of the factors that bring out the worst in our people are not of their making... It is not always easy to tell the ENTIRE story in a few words...

Peace!
Isaiah
??

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back