Nigeria : Nigeria Is Coming Apart at the Seams

An excellent and very thoughtful question...

I wonder how much China is paying Boko Haram to give them an excuse to militarize Nigeria?

Exactly... Well said indeed.

Thanks. I say that because China is very serious about protecting their off shore investments. Since they have the largest standing conventional military on Earth standing around doing nothing there is no way they are going to depend on Nigerian security forces to protect their new Lagos-Kano railroad so now under the guise of a seven billion dollar bid Nigeria will fund the operating cost of China's construction and security of China's railroad.

Islamic State says it beheaded Christian captives in Nigeria

Reuters

Shameful :facepalm:

Nigeria's slave descendants prevented from marrying who they want

Adaobi Tricia Nwaubani - Nigeria
BBC

:picture:

A woman removing a ring and a man behind her with his head in hand

A woman removing a ring and a man behind her with his head in hand

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

Nigeria Is Coming Apart at the Seams

At best, a revitalized Biafran secessionist movement will lead to mass bloodshed. At worst, it will trigger the country's unraveling

Nearly 50 years after the same region of Nigeria seceded, sparking a devastating civil war, separatists are once again threatening the fragile national unity of Africa’s most populous country. Back in 1967, the federal government deployed a quarter million troops to quash the secessionist movement, while also imposing a land and sea blockade. Over a million civilians died in the nearly three years of fighting that followed, mostly from starvation ...

http://foreignpolicy.com/2016/02/08/nigeria-is-coming-apart-at-the-seamsbiafra/

rsz_2rsz_biafra_photo.jpg

Crowds of Igbo-speaking people barricade streets across southeastern Nigeria, bringing traffic to a standstill

So, are there any good guys in this conflict? I remember trying to make sense of this conflict during the civil war back in the sixties, when I was in junior high school! I've watched several videos by the Biafra secessionists on FB, and still can't figure it out! Other than to say that the Biafrans seemed somewhat arrogant and tribalistic, which is contrary to PanAfrikanism!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back