Black Spirituality Religion : NGE Issues With The Goddess

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by SAMURAI36, Mar 9, 2014.

1. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    This was one of the many things that behooved me to move away from all things Islamic, but especially the 5% culture.

The idea that the Black Woman is not Goddess, flies in the face of our ancient Black cultures.

In my view (as well as that of our ancestors), the notion of Black Woman being regulated merely to the position of "Earth" is quite patriartchial, and contradictory to the Divine Universal Balance.

I've heard many ridiculous notions about the Divine Feminine Principle: "Goddess is just putting a "dress on God", and some other such nonsense. Most 5%'ers I have attempted to discuss this with, have been unable to debate the subject on a historical and/or cultural level.

Feel free to discuss.

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    we not supposed to post critiques in the spiritual forums.......

3. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    Ah, didn't know that. My apologies..... Could you move this to the appropriate section?

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Brother SAMURAI36 ... you can critique anything found in the Main Spirituality Forum ... start new critique threads there, all of that.

But in the STUDY GROUP FORUMS ... you can't do that. Those forums were made especially for the adherents of each group to be able to have discussion without all of the naysayers coming in telling them how their chosen path is not to their liking.

Managing the STUDY GROUP FORUMS is a work in progress ... but ideally ... you don't want to post in them if you are not a believer of that path ... or sincerely seeking inclusion within it ... wanting to understand it better ... all of that ... no critiques.

They are hard calls to make, as i don't know a lot about them all personally, so much of the time i'm gonna go by what the adherents say ... if they are offended by what you say, or consider it an attack of their path ... you're gonna be kicked out of all of the STUDY GROUP FORUMS ... for a violation in any of them ... so proceed with caution in these forums.

Here is a bit more about our effort to moderate the STUDY GROUP FORUMS ... Rule #13.

If you have any questions just ask ... and i have moved this thread to the Main Spirituality Forum ... where this, and all like topics are welcome.

As has always been the case ... the Main Spirituality Forum welcomes all critiques, respectful challenges, etc., regarding any path.

Much Love and Peace ... and thanks Brother jamesfrmphilly ... :)

:heart:

Destee

5. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    Understood. Can this thread be moved to the Spirituality Forum, then?

EDIT: Oops, my bad, I see that it already has been.

6. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    I never thot about why the men are Gods and the women are Earths ... not Goddesses.

Interesting observance, though i'm sure the Members of NGE have a reason for this.

Maybe someone will share more about it, as the women in the NGE that i've met here on destee, would probably argue that it has nothing to do with patriarchy.

Though we'll see ... hopefully. Could be a great discussion.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

7. Precise Allah

Precise Allah Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Peacemaker
    Ratings:
    +764
    Peace,

It really comes down to understanding our curriculum. Goddess is a word not found anywhere in our curriculum so people who gripe about it are people who are trying to bring that into the nation's teachings from outside. Generally they'll be clowned whenever they bring it up within our cipher because it's old, ignorant and unnecessary. Earths who understand their lessons are quite content with the title "Earth" and they also recognize that their function as Earth is just as important as a man's function as God. Whenever you hear that Goddess talk from people who claim this nation, you're dealing with people who just don't get it...... Some never do.

Peace

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  8. UBNaturally

UBNaturally Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,736
    Science [study of creation(s) via the logical portion of our mind-space], alludes to the development of the fetus as an "androgynous" creation until further along into the placement/alignment of chromosomes and genetic matter.

That being said, would be considered created "equal"... then processed into their own "purpose/accordance".

Having both elements until one achieves dominance.
    Of course there are those that are split and share more than one alignment... back to the "androgynous" beginnings.

"Goddess" is referencing the "androgynous" beginning.
    Also represents the "Super-Woman" motif in modern social systems.

Super-Woman is seen as the "Do It All" woman, mother, father, nurturer, protector, uplifter, teacher, healer, etc.

Respect

9. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    Okay, but I'm not (no longer) a part of that curriculum, so that doesn't apply to me. I'm asking how the NGE reconciles the notion of Black Woman as Goddess, which is an ancient concept of Black culture.

What I'm asking is, why "Earth", and not Goddess?

In none of our Black history, is the position of Woman regulated to that of strictly Earth. There are male Gods that govern the Earth (Geb, Esasar) plane as well, just as there are Goddesses that govern the Sun (Sekhmet, Yembo).

10. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    I disagree with this explanation of Goddess. Ma'at was not androgynous, nor was Auset (Isis). Both are Goddesses.