Black Sports : NFL QBS FEAR OF CHANGE

Discussion in 'Black Sports' started by Therious, Dec 9, 2006.

1. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    THERE HAS BEEN INFLUX OF THE MOBILE QUARTER BACK INto THE NFL OVER THE LAST TEN YEARS. THE MAJORITY OF THESE QBS ARE AFRIKAN AMERICAN.

SINCE THIS CHANGE, I HAVE WITNESSED PATHETIC, PURE HATRED OF THESE BLACK QUARTER BACKS. IT SEEMS EVERY BLACK QB THAT COMES INTO THE LEAGUE, IS HATED ON BY THESE JEALOUS, WHITE MEDIA TALKING HEADS TRYING TO DISCREDIT THEM. ITS ALMOST COMICAL, THE REDICULOUS UNFOUNDED CRITICISM THEY DRUM UP.

WETHER IT'S VINCE YOUNG DIDNT PLAY IN A, "PRO SYSTEM IN COLLEGE".AND THAT VINCE YOUNGS SIDE ARM DELIVERY WAS NOT NFL CALIBER (FUNNY SIDE ARM WASN'T A PROBLEM WITH KOSAR OR PHILIP RIVERS) OR MIKE VIC "RUNS TOO MUCH". YET WHEN ITS A WHITEBOY RUNNING ITS ALL GOOD? (SEE TONY ROMO)

remember these so called draft experts (mostly whiteboys who couldn't cut it on the feild) saying how Matt leinart was a better choice then V.YOUNG lol. tHE TENESEE TITANS AND THE OTHER 9 TEAMS THAT PASSED ON LEINART seemed to differ in opinion.

THE NEW THING NOW IS SAYING THAT A MOBILE QB IS NOT A "PROFESSIONAL" OF "NFL" QB. GUESS THEY ARE TRYING TO "WHITEMAN" THERE WAY BACK INTO THE POSITION.

nOW THAT MY HOME TEAM THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES CLEARLY HAVE THE BEST QB IN THE COUNTRY (CHRIS LEAK OF FLORIDA #2 AND THE BLACK QB FROM LOUISIANNA #3 IMO), IN TROY SMITH. THESE SAME TALKING MEDIA HEADS, HAVE TRIED TO USE HIS HEIGHT AS A REASON WHY THE GOLDEN WHITE BOY At GOLDEN WHITEMAN UNIVERSITY; NOTRE DAME IS SOMEHOW A BETTER CHOICE. jOE MONTANA, DOUG FLUTIE, AND PHILIP RIVERS PUTS THE HEIGHT THING TO BED. SO WHATS LEFT? HATRED, THE QB POSITION WAS THE LAST BASTION OF CONTROL FOR THESE, INFERIOR WHITE ATHELETES. CONTROL OF THIS POSTISTION (BRED STRICTLY BY RACISM) IS SLIPPING AWAY, ALONG WITH THE POSITION OF HEAD COACH.

I WAS TRULY SUPRISED AT THE CRITICISM OF TROY SMITH. THE MAN HAS DONE NO WRONG THIS YEAR.

OH WELL, CRITICISISM IS PART OF THE POSITION OF QB, ALL THESE QBS KEEP DOING IS SHINING. a superbowl victory will shut them up.or will it?probably not, there is no level a hater will NOT stoop too.

2. OmowaleX

OmowaleX Well-Known Member MEMBER

Educator
    Ratings:
    +42

This is nothing new.

It was the same problem faced by earlier Black QB's such as Vince Evans, Rodny Peete and Randall Cunningham.

And they came up when there were more traditional-style Black QB's such as James "Shack" Harris, Doug Williams, and Warren Moon, who could pass.

I think if you look at it closer, what needs to change is the coaching position, which is in transition. A lot of coaches are not yet confident in changing their style of offense with a more mobile and shorter QB.

Of course, some of these teams in question are still holding out for their great white hope....kinda like how even before the NBA season gets underway the white boys keep praising steve nash as if he is the greatest thing since wonder bread.

3. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    LOL STEVE NASH THE DOUBLE MVP. NASH CAN PLAY BUT, MVP? LOL

I'M GLAD YTOU POSTED I THINK YOU ARE A BIT OLDER THAN ME (I AM 29) SO I CAME UP ON THE TAIL END OF CUNNINGHAM,PETE, AND WILLIAMS. I DIDN'T REALIZE THE HATRED WENT FARTHER BACK (BESIDES FLAT OUT SAYING BLACKS JUST CAN'T PLAY QB).

AGREED ON THE COACHING, THATS THE BIGGEST PROBLEM WITH THE ATL FALCONS (NEXT TO THEIR O-LINE AND RECEIVERS). LOOK AT HOW FISHER USES V.Y. IN TENAKEE. YOUNG IS ALOUD MORE CONTROL IMO THAN VIC WAS (ALTHOUGH ATL'S COACHING STAFF SEEMS TO FINALLY GET IT).

OUT OF CURIOUSITY WHAT YEAR WAS THE FIRST BLACK QB IN THE NFL.

4. OmowaleX

Educator
    Ratings:
    +42

Yeah brother Therious... I just turned 49.

Went to junior high school with Warren (Harold) Moon.

I think Vince Young is probably the best of the current group.

Vick does seem to be stifling due to the coaching staff.

Hopefully these brothers will have some long and fruitful careers like Moon did. But remember, he had to go play in Canada before finally making it in the nfl.

Wonder what some other guys are doing now....Cordell Stewert...Culpepper...

5. MississippiRed

MississippiRed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34

First Black QB was Willie Thrower ( Irony on the name huh) and he came into the league in 1953 ...... I'm not and never was a big Mike Vick fan maybe because I'm a lifelong Saints fan but he's just never impressed me like some other cats I've seen play QB......I'm loving Vince and was impressed with him since he was in High School....... loved Vince Evans, of course the **** man and first Black QB in the Hall of Fame Warren Moon following him since he was in Canada...........of course Loved Doug Williams

As far as the coaches yeah the coach has to know how to use his players but the player has to show the coach that he knows what he's doing also to earn that level of respect and confidence....

Oh Yeah GO Saints !

MississippiRed
    Strength & Honor

6. OmowaleX

Educator
    Ratings:
    +42
    Remember this brother?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Gilliam

Something bout Pittsburgh.

I have an uncle (Larry Demery) who played for the Pirates around the same time (1974-78) and for a while he was in the starting rotation.

Seems that a number of up and coming brothers in those days had problems with cocaine addiction.

Im just wondering why when Brothers get to the top of their came all we hear about is drug problems and weapons charges. Hardly ever heat about the white boys who be doing even more drugs (they are the main suppliers).

I think this is a stigma that still effects folks like Michael Vick today. The media views them as "unstable" and this causes doubt among fans.

Saints vs Dallas....!

yeah...!

7. MississippiRed

MississippiRed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34
    I don't remember him but I know about Gilliam though through my Daddy and some older cats I used to be around....Come on Brother O I'm only 36 .

Thats a good point Brother O....you always hear more about the Brothers that get hung up in Bad situations but almost never about the ofay unless they f up real bad.....Ken Stabler for example ( I do love the Snake though)

Yeah Bruh Saints v Cowboys ... !! man it's gonna be a good game regardless of outcome...you know I'm pulling for my Saints though man....I been a fan since I can remember , I used to have an Archie Manning Helmet and remember with Rogers was running the ball, met Dalton Hilliard once...yes suh

SAINTS fa sho.. ;p

MississippiRed

8. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    yeah i remember V. Evans too. Your saints is looking nice. Bush will even be better, once he hits the squat room. It should be a fight down the stretch between N.O. and ATL for the top NFC south spot. I like N.O. to take it. The Falcons have a good chance of getting the wild card though.

9. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    Troy is the best i've seen in a long time .....surely this guy will and should
    be a top choice , who ever get him will make the right choice and a future star.

10. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398

u speaking my language now. that whoever should be the Cleveland Browns. Thew browns need a QB and Troy is from Cleveland. I hope they learned from Houstons mistake in passing on V.Y.