Black Sports : NFL playoffs 2005

Discussion in 'Black Sports' started by $$RICH$$, Jan 4, 2005.

1. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    who will advance in the first round

with the JETS facing SAN DIEGO the chargers will move past
    the Jets and advance here to the second round my pick (SanDiego)

St.LOUIS Rams vs SEATTLE the seahawks seem to be the proven
    choice over the Rams but I pick the (RAMS) by a slide choice

DENVER vs INDIANAPOLIS with P.Manning and James the COLTS
    will take this one by 2 TD my pick the (COLTS) to advance

MINNESOTA vs GREEN BAY these two will battle it out if FAVRE
    get going he will pick the Minnesota apart but if minn can strike
    first and fast and play good D they will win by a field goal
    this one up for grabs but i'm leaning in GREEN BAY here ...........

what are your picks and thoughts on the first round and who will
    advance or get the smack down :skillet: in these games on 1/8/05

2. Alkebulan

Alkebulan Well-Known Member MEMBER

slacker
    Ratings:
    +8
    well, we made it thru to the playoffs. whoooooooooopie!!

here's how i think the wkend will go dwn:

basically, i'm picking every home team to win:

rams v seahawks: really, who cares? :puke: neither of these teams really deserved 2 b n the playoffs, nor will they go deep n2 the playoffs. seattle looked gr8 early on, then faded dwn the stretch; the only times the rams looked good was when they played seattle. it's too bad they aren't playing other teams so we could get rid of both of them on the same weekend. yes, i know the rams beat seattle twice this season, but i'm still picking seattle.

jets v chargers: i don't like the prospects of teams that back their way n2 the playoffs. the jets r actually a pretty good team, un4tunately, they can't seem to step up w any big plays on game day. they started out 5 - 0, thats the good news, the bad news is, they only won 5 more games 4 the rest of the season! the jets can beat most of the teams in the nfl, but they can't beat any of the top tier teams. san diego's turnaround from last season is nothing short of phenominal & they hv only lost at home ONCE this year. it's a shame the jets hv to travel all that way to get spanked. :skillet: san diego 2 romp all over the jets.

denver v indy: i had actually picked denver to win the west. they came close, but havn't looked like the bronco's of yesteryear. they lost at least 3 games they should have won, including the game against the bengals. the bronco's simply don't hv the coverage talent sufficient to slow down, much less beat, indy, but then, few teams do. indy has also only lost 1 game @ home this season & it was against jacksonville, not the bronco's. indy big over denver. :hearthis:

vikings v. green bay: don't b surprised f u start to hear people saying stuff like: 'boy, i hope my team doesn't go vikings on me'. thats what can happen when a team becomes synonymous with second half of the season collapses. :confused: it's jus happening too often & becoming way too predictable. the vik's r another team that didn't need 2 b n the playoffs. thankfully, they won't be there long. green bay to whip the vik's.

3. $$RICH$$

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    I don't know if the seahawks will be fully up for the task with such
    a up and down season I think the RAMS will come out stronger but
    i agree both will be gone fast if one do get by it will be a suprise and
    upset so it will be RAMS , SanDiego , Colts and Green Bay who advance !

4. $$RICH$$

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    Jets creaped in by luck over the Chargers a game they should have won
    and had the Jets beat but the missed field goal end there playoff run they
    won't go no where Pitts will end it in round 2 for them .

and the Vik's beat the lights out of Green Bay a game i felt Farve would
    pull off another one of his many wonders but he was pressured and had three
    turn overs that hurt any chance so Minnesota will advance but will not pass
    the second round

5. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    I hope you didn't lose any money on that Jets-Charges game Rich! I fully agree that the Steelers will beat them like they stole something this weekend!

6. $$RICH$$

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    I did't bet, but surely i would have lost on the Chargers they was picked
    to win this one for sure and i guess his foot was to the right a bit that cost
    them the game and advancement in the playoffs
    Luck was on the Jets that day but they will need a lucky charm a perfect
    game and 12 Rabbits foot even a Leprechaun to beat PITTS.

7. Alkebulan

Alkebulan Well-Known Member MEMBER

slacker
    Ratings:
    +8
    well, no 1 has asked yet, but let me b the 1st to answer anyway, here r my pick's & reasons y 4 the divisional playoff's this wkend.

first, let me own up 2 my dismal predictions of wild card wkend, where the only game i correctly called wuz the most obvious one: indy over denver. oh well, i didn't care bout none of those teams nohow!

1 side note: i found it soooooooooo interesting that farve, their current version of the gr8 yt hope, could b so cavalier chucking the ball - well past the line of scrimmage - illegally, to a receiver in the end zone, KNOWING it would not only b a penalty & loss of down, but that he might have been able to run for the 1st down, & possibly make it to the end zone, & possibly altered the momentum in favor of his team @ a crucial point n the game. oh well!

1st game (& the 1 i am most interested in)
    steelers v jets

yes, they played b4 & it was a close game, decided in the 4th quarter. BUT, that was a banged up, tired, down steeler team, which still managed to suck it up enough to grind out a win @ the end. this time will b different. oh, not the outcome, the jets will still lose, :) but my prediction is that they will lose by even more than they did the last time. :rain: the steelers r hving a welcome back party. :grouphug: noteable guests include: palx, duce, jerome, kendrell bell, joey porter, big ben, clark haggins, & a few others who hv been out, badly banged, or seriously nicked. the jets r the invited victims, i mean guests. i'm afraid they won't leave very happy. :driveby:

2bd game
    colts v pats
    remember waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back 2 the opening game of the season? i'll give u a hint, it was the colts v pats, up in, @ that time, pleasant new england, which the pats barely won. the colts, n the spirit of the upcoming season, were esp generous n that game, handing the ball to the pats, i think, 3 or 4 times. the edge uncharacteristically fumbled twice all by himself. i don't think that's gonna happen again. xmas is ova!! the banged up pats secondary is facing an offensive juggernaut w an insaitiable appetite! these boys gobble up real estate faster than donald trump! no, i hvn't 4gotten bout bellichek being a defensive genius & all, but hey, dungy is no sloutch himself! the pats hv had a run 4 the ages & hv pretty much had things their way for quite a while. I hope they enjoyed it. i'm picking the colts to upset the pats @ home. the colts jus have too many weapons @ the ready.

minnesota v philly
    the vik's looked really impressive n their wild card game las week, right up until i looked again @ who they had just beaten: green bay. true, green bay won the division, but hey, somebody had to. they didn't win it by being dominant in their division (I mean, they did lose 2 the bears 4 cryin out loud), but more or less by default. this week will b the reality check 4 the vikings. philly mayb w/o t.o., but, unlike the vik's w/o r.m., they r still capable of punishing the overwhelming majority of other nfl teams, esp at home in the playoffs. donovan's deep threat may b gone, but he & his team r still a threat to go deep n the playoffs. philly big over vik's.

rams v atlanta

the rams jus seem 2 b only a shawdow of what they were just 3 short years ago, & i'm not convinced they can match the overall talent level of the falcons, vic & company, at home. vic has been dangerous all season. now he is rested & healthy and facing a team that has trouble stopping the run. the rams gave up an nfc worst 2179 rushing yards over the regular season. atlanta only gave up 1681, 2nd best in the nfc. vic is going 2 show the rams, & any other playa hata's, y he wuz paid the big $$$'s. falcons over rams.

:eek:hmy:

8. $$RICH$$

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    here's my picks for round 2 of the playoffs , i went 2 and 2 and i think
    the CHARGERS had the game and should have won it so i flop on that one

STEELERS vs JETS Pitts will crash them good this team is ready and hungry
    with CHAD somewhat hurt and i don't think he can withstand the pressure of pitts
    line the Jets can steal one but not in Pitts my choice clear STEELERS by 2 TD or
    better.

COLTS vs NewEngland Pats ......this the team that i talked about long ago who
    can win away from home have the ability and will shock a few as they did they won't
    be a push over going into INDY , the Colts have weapons , Depth and Manning arm
    will make connections big look for the COLTS to end New England run too much
    fire power and away from home odds say no way i pick COLTS here...

MINNESOTA vs PHILLY the Vik's bash Green Bay and was on but going in
    Philly will break them down and two of my greats going head to head in Culpepper
    and McNabb i lay my chips on the style of Philly and McNabb one of my strong MVP
    picks without T.O Philly will win by a even spread I pick PHILLY

RAMS vs FALCONS the Rams pop in and proven themself in a way but not the Rams
    of old and with the arm of M.Vick and his running ability they may pluck away at Rams
    D if healthy and ready the falcons will walk away to meet Philly in a showdown i pick
    ATLANTA FALCONS by a goal .

to say this if the colts or philly get upset which is likely look for that team to
    go into the superbowl one who stop these two may win it all New ENGLAND
    mostly will be the scary they can win Brady will be at his best.

who do you see this week come share your thoughts with us for round 2 !!!!

9. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    jets over pittsburg

colts beat the patriots

falcons beat st louis

philly over minnesota (although i would not be suprised if philly loses)....

10. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Jets over P-burg? That's a bold prediction brother Therious!! So is the Colts over the Patriots! I do agree with the rest of your list.