Black Sports : NFL has its 1st black owner!

panafrica

REGISTERED MEMBER
Aug 24, 2002
The Diaspora
Poised and proud to become the NFL's first black owner, Reggie Fowler is ready to buy the Minnesota Vikings from Red McCombs. Despite a low profile and the lack of public knowledge about his personal wealth, the Arizona businessman had a clear, consistent message Monday for those doubting his ability to finance the deal. "We would not be here today if we did not have the ability to complete the deal," Fowler said at a news conference announcing his agreement to purchase the team from McCombs.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1991455

This is sad...very sad. I'm happy for the brother in terms of him being able to do it...but obviously he's not the only black person out there with that type of money we may not know about.

Then we ask ourselves; Where are our own black schools?
Where are our own black businesses?
Where are our own Production plants?
Where are our own Supermarkets?..and on and on.

Then the question becomes, Why? The answer: :Those who have all this money do not have our education, but that of our enemy.. and so once again, we do what they do, but not for ourselves. Maybe something more will come from this. I'm just stating my heartache.

THATS WHATS GOOD!

Keita i belive these things are coming forth slowly. we are making moves, these bruthas and sista aint playing. there is to much money out here to let pass by. the article did mention that fowlers company is diverse. large scale manufacturing and retail operations are needed , who knows there could be some start up companies out there that we just dont hear about.

peace

The issue is simply that despite the ampathy of others, we ourselves must not become discouraged for it is the concious who shall have to lead the way. Also, for every person who doesn't there is someone who is. I applaud the fact that he was able to save his funds and do that. Kinda like the person who save to buy the building and not the condo.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back