Black Sports : nfl early predictions

Discussion in 'Black Sports' started by Therious, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    who has the power this year?

2. brown_h0rnet

brown_h0rnet Master of All Trades... Jack of None PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Financial Anaylyst
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +161
    Prediction

If I had to make a prediction now, I would say Dallas and New England.

New England (though they had a few loses in the off season) is still the best team in the NFL. They lost the Superbowl because they had never really been tested (though the Giants had given them a run before)

Dallas is the most talented team (maybe in the NFL), but this so called golden boy has to prove himself in the playoffs. If they get caught slippin, The Vikings and Packers will be next in line.

3. ang-EL

ang-EL Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +50
    sallaD will be used for Philly chhese steaks

4. Jahari Kavi

Jahari Kavi Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Self Development
    Ratings:
    +523
    NFC (teams to look out for) - Dallas, New Orleans (I think they're going to be a good team again this year), Giants, Vikings (depends on how well Jackson plays)

AFC (teams to look out for) - Chargers, Pats, Steelers, Jags, and Jets

Superbowl predicition: Cowboys vs. Chargers

5. Da Street So'ja

Da Street So'ja Banned MEMBER

thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
    Ratings:
    +42
    this is one of

few years were the strong teams from last year will do well on just based on talent

DAL
    SD
    IND
    NE
    NYG

you asked who has the power?

you would have to say NE still but they've been quiet on the free agent front

DAL will be fine if ROMO can understand he's not playing in a movie but this is real

the Eagles look strong

to be honest a say the NFC east will be very strong again

Oakland has a couple of studs, let's see if the coach can coach and use these studs right

this will be an interesting year

after week 2 last year i called the NYG the worst team in football

well they WON the super bowl (no it wasn't fixed NE just got beat up)

this year the AFC looks as if it will reclaim the crown

6. brown_h0rnet

United States
    Financial Anaylyst
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +161
    So'ja,

You make a good point about Oakland. They have some pieces. If J. Russell can develop into what he is supposed to be and J. Walker can get back to the form he was in Green Bay (Don't know bout all that), It will be tight on them Bustas! There Defense is good. It just stays on the field too long because the offense has been complete garbage. I think they are a couple of years away.

As for the NYG. I think last year was a fluke (I may be wrong). Eli is still shaky to me. Which is why I didn't include them in the NFC power houses.

But anyway, there are a lot of sleepers (especially in the NFC).. so we shall see.

7. Da Street So'ja

Ratings:
    +42
    come on hornet

you can't go thru 20 games in the NFL and be a fluke, this team was never
    about ELI, is was about ELI not messing it up.

2007 NYG, should remind you of the 2000 RAVENS, and trent dilfer, were they a fluke?

i can see why he's still shaky to you, last year they simplified the playbook
    and relied on field position and the defense. to be honest with you it was a great coaching job in my opinion. i don't see the NYG repeating but they will
    be there in the end.

as for sleepers in the NFC yes there are MANY, but i still think the AFC
    will wear the crown

the vikings still need a quarterback, and the saints a running game
    reggie bush is not an everydown back

8. brown_h0rnet

United States
    Financial Anaylyst
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +161
    I wouldn't compare the 2000 Ravens to the 07 Giants. The Ravens were the truth, and would have won more Superbowls if they hadn't got rid of Dilfer and put their trust in Boller. That was an illuminatian conspiracy.

I agree that the Giants are about Eli not messing up. But you gotta realize, that Eli Manning always had great starts to seasons (even when the playbook was complicated). He always fell off late in the season and in the playoffs (if they made it). But last year the NFC was SUPER weak. Teams like NO, and CHI, and SEA, and PHI fell off.

And in the Playoffs, even though Manning Played Decent, they played Tampa Bay (GARBAGE) and then Romo and Farve just played terrible! In a normal situation, that would not have happened. Though I will give Eli (and the whole team) credit for the Superbowl.

But this year with the NFC being stronger, The Giants can't count on everyone else being sorry, and the opposing quarterbacks playing bad in the playoffs. NYG's defense is not comparable to that Ravens defense that was off the chain. Teams will score on the Giants and force Eli to MAKE PLAYS, and I think he will go back to Shaky Jakey later on in the season. So that is why I feel they are not really contenders and that last year was a one time thing. I would be highly suprised if the Giants made it to the conference finals in the NFC.

9. Da Street So'ja

Ratings:
    +42
    ok

ok Hornet i wasn't confusing the 2000 ravens with the 2007 NYG, the only comparison i was trying to make was the fact that BOTH teams relied on
    the defense as oppose to their offense. you are so correct they are NOT the same. Your argument is good too. But that's why we play the game you can't rely on other teams like you say. now remember i called the NYG the worst team in football after week 2 last season they looked bad. they played dallas and hollywood ROMO still wasn't ready for primetime. and with GB i love Brett
    come on hornet his hand froze lol, and when you can't feel the ball don't throw 25 yard passes. lol

you said it yourself ROMO AND BRETT played terrible ok you make my point
    you have to play the game. i thought the NYG defense deserves the credit for the last year. NOW WITH THAT SAID THAT WAS LAST YEAR! lol

i will say the seahawks will be nothing they've had their time
    same for chicago (sorry lilpea and oldsoul), same for tampa.

don't laugh but the teams that should make noise are browns, texans, cardinals because of a soft schedule..

with that you still have you powerhouses

NE
    IND
    DAL
    SD
    and the NFC east

and this will be an interesting year for SD, having been so close the last few
    do they still have the fire? and there are 2 teams who can mess your playoffs hopes right up, the EAGLES AND TITANS you don't want to play them with the playoffs on the line

10. brown_h0rnet

United States
    Financial Anaylyst
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +161
    AGREE

I completely agree with you on Philly and the Titans. Especially the Titans. They are DANGEROUS if they get in the playoffs. They are the type of team who can lose to anybody, but yet can beat anybody! I would like to see them make the playoffs just for pure DANGEROUS-NESS purposes.

But now we shall watch the games and see.