Black People Politics : Next time someone tells you "all lives matter," show them this cartoon

Clyde C Coger Jr

PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author

One of the most common responses to "Black Lives Matter" is "all lives matter." But that response misses the point, as this great cartoon from Kris Straub at Chainsawsuit demonstrates ...

Next time someone tells you "all lives matter," show them this cartoon

... Straub's cartoon echoes this point: If a house is burning down, you're obviously going to focus on putting out the fire instead of watering a house that's just fine. In this analogy, black lives are the burning house, and everyone else is living much more comfortably in the house that isn't burning down. Clearly, one is a bigger problem ...

all%20lives%20matter%20cartoon.png

http://www.vox.com/2015/9/4/9258133/white-lives-matter

:facepalm: ... Pitiful

Tim Scott defends use of 'all lives matter'

tim-scott.jpg

Washington (CNN)South Carolina Sen. Tim Scott said it is not his problem that Black Lives Matter activists find the phrase "all lives matter" offensive.

"If it causes offense that I say that 'all lives matter' -- black lives, white lives, police officers, jurists, all of us, even politicians, all of our lives matter -- if that is somehow offensive to someone, that's their issue, not mine," he told CNN's Brianna Keilar on "The Situation Room" on Thursday ...

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/03/politics/tim-scott-all-lives-matter/

Last edited:
"The unfortunate truth is that the hashtag #AllLivesMatter is a reaffirmation of white supremacy.

Let me be clear here. Yes, all language is contextual, and at face value, this particular hashtag, #AllLivesMatter, seems to be an affirmation of humanity. However, let us not be fooled into reading the word “all” as in “everyone.” We are reminded that the Founding Fathers used the same language of humanity. We do, indeed, “hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal.” In the language of U.S. politics, “all” has never meant everyone. #SomeLivesMatter."

Theroot.com

Clyde C Coger Jr

I'm willing to bet that many of the whites that yell "All Lives Matter" also was on the side of the cops that killed Brown, Gardner, and may have even sent money in to Zimmerman.

Peace!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back