Black People : Next Question Everybody ... What Makes You Gravitate Toward or Make Friends with Some People?

Outside of the fact or idea that some white people might like the same music that we do or some of the same foods or way of dressing (which is ours anyway), or even that we might like some of the same movies or may not like the po po....what do you think that our people and white people have in common that would cause us to gravitate to them or label them as our friends or that they're okay???

What do we have in common???? I'm really curious and I already know that I'm asking just as a means of understanding our people and our thought processes as it relates to them.

Keita Kenyatta,

If they, of any great consequence, won't and or don't listen to yt-folks who have been and are trying to wake them up e.g. chomsky, the late h. zinn and chalmers johnson, seymour hersh, naomi klein, makers of the zeigeist and "the corporation" documentaries and so on..., then I doubt if we could in the most genuine sense "gravitate to them". To sum up what bro omowalejabali stated previously that the 'system' that disses us -disses them. Although, I must say, not in the exact way that it disses us for obvious reasons...

"You got to convince them -that their​
skin is more important than their​
economic interest"​
Until 'they' wake up..., I doubt if there would/could be a gravitational pull of any substantial significance, if at all.​

Do you opine that those things are what "would cause us to gravitate to them or label them as our friends or that they're okay?"
Yes these are the things that would make some of us gravitate toward them or consider some of them friends. Commonality of experience. On the other hand for the most part there is no perceived commonality because of different experiences and limited exposure to each other.

Keita Kenyatta,

If they, of any great consequence, won't and or don't listen to yt-folks who have been and are trying to wake them up e.g. chomsky, the late h. zinn and chalmers johnson, seymour hersh, naomi klein, makers of the zeigeist and "the corporation" documentaries and so on..., then I doubt if we could in the most genuine sense "gravitate to them". To sum up what bro omowalejabali stated previously that the 'system' that disses us -disses them. Although, I must say, not in the exact way that it disses us for obvious reasons...

"You got to convince them -that their​
skin is more important than their​
economic interest"​
Until 'they' wake up..., I doubt if there would/could be a gravitational pull of any substantial significance, if at all.​

I agree with your conclusion and recently came to such after the virtual death of OWS in Los Angeles. For me that ended any effort at coalition building. Up to that point I had thought some common ground might be reached. At the same time I also concluded that so called black political nationalism is no longer viable as a ideological organizing construct.

the only thing in common is the temporary inferiority complex. And the common spirit of despair associated with the emptiness associated with the transparent intetions projected by skin that is stripped. In the illusion we all share a common human dependency however moving forward our nation is self sustained. We rep god and they are jealous and the african americans share their fate not us. Plan ur paradise and stop worring bout white symbolism. They are fighting extinction and so are their s and m counterparts

Outside of the fact or idea that some white people might like the same music that we do or some of the same foods or way of dressing (which is ours anyway), or even that we might like some of the same movies or may not like the po po....what do you think that our people and white people have in common that would cause us to gravitate to them or label them as our friends or that they're okay???

What do we have in common???? I'm really curious and I already know that I'm asking just as a means of understanding our people and our thought processes as it relates to them.

Brother Keita ... i changed the title to something more descriptive, but please, do this yourself so i don't have to ... please ... :)

As far as the question goes ... i'm so focused on us gravitating toward and befriending each other ... i can hardly see anything else.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back