Black People : News about the Detroit US Social Forum

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Ankhur, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    I am presently listening to former Panther but still activist John Williams on "Law and Disorder" on now on www.wbai.org,
    talking about it

2. asmith161718

asmith161718 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +158
    Is Bill Gates A Racist?

NEW YORK, May 9, 2003 (LifeSiteNews.com) - In a lengthy interview with Bill Moyers released today, Microsoft billionaire Bill Gates reveals the inspiration for his funding of pro-abortion population control measures. Responding to a question by Moyers on how he came to fund "reproductive issues" Gates answered, "When I was growing up, my parents were always involved in various volunteer things. My dad was head of Planned Parenthood.

In a youtube video called Maasa21 it discusses the Eugenics organization which existed for the sole reason of killing off African Americans after Slavery. This organization influenced Adolf Hitler to committ genocide in Germany. After WWII the Eugenics organization changed it's name to Planned Parenthood so they would not be associated with what happened in Germany. In the 60's The Black Panther and NOI was the first Anti-Aborption groups. If you read magazines such as Jet and Ebony during that time you will see many Black Leaders and other famous people against Planned Parenthood which they thought were nothing more than a front for Black Genocide.

If you go to Planned Parenthood's website and read the donors list you will see that Bill Gates is a major contributor. I find it hard to believe that he do not know what Planned Parenthood is really about. He is spending alot of money in Africa now for vaccines and crop growth. Could he be secretly helping to destroy Africa?

"Several years ago, when 17,000 aborted babies were found in a dumpster outside a pathology laboratory in Los, Angeles, California, some 12-15,000 were observed to be black."
    --Erma Clardy Craven (deceased)
    Social Worker and Civil Rights Leader

3. asmith161718

asmith161718 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +158
    Report: Abortions Target Blacks, Repeat Abortions High, 10% Use RU 486

Atlanta, GA (LifeNews.com) -- The 2004 report the Centers for Disease Control about annual abortion figures in the United States shows abortions continue to target black women moreso than other ethnic groups. The 2004 report also shows about 10 percent of all abortions in the United States are done with the dangerous RU 486 abortion drug. The The abortion ratio for black women (472 per 1,000 live births) was 2.9 times higher than the ratio for white women (161 per 1,000). Examined another way, nearly half of all pregnancies among black women end in abortion while just 16 percent of pregnancies among while women end in abortion. The abortion rate for black women (28 per 1,000 women) was 2.8 times the rate for white women (10 per 1,000) -- meaning a much greater percentage. Those statistics continue to worry pro-life leaders in the African-American community. On 27 reporting areas adequately obtained abortion stats by ethnicity and those areas showed that 19 percent of the women getting abortions were Hispanic -- with a low of 0.6% in Mississippi to a high of 50% in New Mexico. For Hispanic women in these reporting areas, the abortion ratio was 211 per 1,000 live births, and the abortion rate w as 26 per 1,000 women. However, only 46% of Hispanic women in the United States resided in these reporting areas.

4. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    OK but was this discussed at the Detroit forum?

5. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    US Social Forum in Detroit Part 2: Detroit Black Radicals

With another perspective on the US Social Forum from John Williams. John Williams is a long time leader of Detroit’s Black community and central organizer of the historic League of Revolutionary Black Workers in Detroit. Williams worked at Ford and Chrysler while teaching at Wayne State University, he was a member of the Black Panther Party, Detroit chapter and a founding member of the Detroit chapter Labor Party. Contact: Rally Comrades / P.O. Box 477113 / Chicago, Illinois 60647 / 773-486-0028.

John Williams:

US Social Forum this time, questioning captalism and outright anti-capitalism
    The moral question, what this country is doing is wrong, workers laid off, in the streets, immigration, Gaza, Palestine
    LRNA – League of Revolutionaries for a New America, a group of people coming together paying attention to class consciousness in the rising work force.
    We’re talking about workers in the rust belt who have been thrown out of the production. Good union people can’t fight capitalism with the old union ways.
    LRNA ranges from senior citizens to youth who are bound by an understanding of where America is at this point. It’s like a storm that’s developing.
    Back during the League of Revolutionary Black Workers, we moved the Black Panther chapter into the league.
    The head of the Panther party at the time was a Ford worker who had built FRUM. Ford Revolutionary Union Movement
    Guest – John Williams, long time leader of Detroit’s Black community and central organizer of the historic League of Revolutionary Black Workers in Detroit. Williams worked at Ford and Chrysler while teaching at Wayne State University, he was a member of the Black Panther Party, Detroit chapter and a founding member of the Detroit chapter Labor Party

http://lawanddisorder.org/

audio archive
    http://archive.wbai.org/ Law and Disorder July 5

6. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    I'm afraid that much is merely being guessed at/not enough is known/etc. about the true nature of Detroit/its suburbs/the state etc.

At best, folk tend to just remember the city's heyday, i. e., either its auto and truck manufacturers domination of a global market and/or the once black owned entertainment pacesetter, Motown Records etc.

So, just to explain its common day plights, etc. would take somebody writing another both on the subject...

Though, the short version, if I dare to be so candid and bold, has to do with the black/white divide, i. e., which be it those who seek power or wealth, suchlike characterizes the actions of the first--the reactions and overreactions of the second. which does characterize the main reasons behind Detroit's rise and downfall, etc.

Yes--some blacks and whites do get along with each other, here--in the suburbs--and there--in the city-- but--we and they aren't the ones with the most money and/or therefore power it allows them to wield...

And--in the case of the second--this place is the last holdout--i. e., as regards folk daring to live in a mythological past--in spite of how others did or do try to usher in a better future--for all of us!

Simply put:

Some remain rich because others remain poor...

It is only one the level of self justifiyng personal vanity ad naseum some dare to characterize it as opposition to 'race mixing', etc., i. e., since there are a bunch of have nots whites etc. who remain on the outside looking in, too...

So, don't get caught up in generations spanning white bigoted or racist or reactionary rhetoric, i. e., because others merely give lip service etc. to whatever profits them too...

Pun intended...

Otherwise appreciated info etc.

Among other things:

A local news media blackout (so had I not managed to kick it with a couple of latin american activists etc. I wouldn't have known what went on or down at the confab either)!

Thanks again for the video...

:fyi:

7. Ankhur

Ratings:
    +3,014
    Did anything fruitfull come out of the conference,
    and what is your opinion of James Williams and,
    Ford Revolutionary Union Movement ?

8. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    I did not actually attend the conference...

I did speak briefly to three of the conferees..

I also suggest you check out the followup article from one of the conferees...

I. e., it's in last week's METRO (DETROIT) TIMES weekly, and Shea Howell's article, in this weekend's MICHIGAN CITIZEN...

Though, even based on the little I've heard and read, I do feel and think it was worth the effort, etc.

9. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    Don't know the fella you're referring to...

Etc.

Dad was and a few relatives were or are auto workers etc.

I'm former blue collar--though not a former auto worker--i. e., service worker, etc.