Malawi : NEWS: 200 Malawi citizens lose their land for Madonna's School

skuderjaymes

Contextualizer Synthesizer
REGISTERED MEMBER
Nov 2, 2009
theory to application to discussion to percussion
Occupation
independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
Madonna is to compensate the local people of Chinkhota village of Malawi with £70,000
after their houses were destroyed to make room for her Raising Malawi Academy for girls.

The £9 million school project that has started to take shape made 200 villagers lose
their land, according to AfricaNews reporter.

However villagers that were evacuated are not happy with the money they are being
offered as compensation. One of them Amos Mkuyu, said he was given just 200,000
Malawi Kwacha (£850) for three hectares of land, mango trees and three dwellings.

“My sisters and I inherited this land from our parents, whose parents have been here
for over a hundred years. How can I get only K200, 000 (850 pounds),” the Daily Express quoted Mkuyu.

more : http://www.africanews.com/site/list_message/25602#m25602

The Madonna invasion part 2, eh? I don't know when Black folks gone raise holy hell about outsiders coming in and laying roots. If they are concerned about the money, just wait 'til they see what's on the curriculum/agenda...smh.

Madonna is to compensate the local people of Chinkhota village of Malawi with £70,000
after their houses were destroyed to make room for her Raising Malawi Academy for girls.

The £9 million school project that has started to take shape made 200 villagers lose
their land, according to AfricaNews reporter.

However villagers that were evacuated are not happy with the money they are being
offered as compensation. One of them Amos Mkuyu, said he was given just 200,000
Malawi Kwacha (£850) for three hectares of land, mango trees and three dwellings.

“My sisters and I inherited this land from our parents, whose parents have been here
for over a hundred years. How can I get only K200, 000 (850 pounds),” the Daily Express quoted Mkuyu.

more : http://www.africanews.com/site/list_message/25602#m25602

The Madonna invasion part 2, eh? I don't know when Black folks gone raise holy hell about outsiders coming in and laying roots. If they are concerned about the money, just wait 'til they see what's on the curriculum/agenda...smh.

and what about the boys?.. why not just a school for all the children? Oprah
did the same thing.. they just have no use for black men at all..

What if she'd started a school for boys?....would her agenda have been any less questionable? Point is...Black folks need to cease and desist relinquishing care of our children (female AND male) to folks who have a history of suppressing and oppressing us. It's bad enough many of us here are often in a bind where the issue is concerned, but continental folks sho nuff have no excuse.

I agree.

Oh, that just makes me so angry. The implications are loud...Conquer and divide. While it's true that we should not allow this kind of trick whether it's a school for girls or boys, I can see the implications of how 'they' are trying to put the blame about 'the hardship of African girls' on our own men'. It's really disgusting.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back