Law Forum : New York Times: Should Black And Hispanic Men Be Banned From Chatting With White Feminist Women?

Like I said, you're conflating the issue of race and gender. Who argues against the fact that black men and non-white Hispanic men are incarcerated at a higher rate than most. I'm quite aware of the prison industrial complex and white supremacy. Of course the white males are on top in term of being the biggest oppressor in a white supremacist, imperialist, and patriarchal system.

If you live in a patriarchal system, women are oppressed unless you're like the Kogi society in the Sierra mountain of Columbia. They're the only known society that has never been colonized and their system is not patriarchal. They believe in the Divine mother and men there continually meditate to stay in balance with nature. Women are highly respected. Both men and women respect each other.

In our society now, a lot of women no matter their race worry about being harm by a man. I can't believe after reading the list it didn't make you think hmmm...perhaps I have a bit more privilege as a male in comparison to my woman counterpart. You know not worrying about getting rape in a so called free society.

Right now this debate I'm having with you guys sounds like me arguing with a white male about his white privilege. He can't see it and make every excuses why he doesn't have it. If he's a white male from a lower class, he would ask how does he have white privilege when he's struggling economically or make the excuses that Blacks and Hispanics are given welfare and they're not qualified to have the jobs they do...blah blah ad nauseam.

You also did not counter any of the points made on the list when it comes to male privilege.

I also preface that it's complicated when there's an intersection of race, gender, class etc. One can be an oppressor and oppressed at the same time.

I for one acknowledge that my treatment as an Asian woman versus a Black woman differ greatly living in a white supremacist society. To stand in solidarity with my black sister, I use my privileges as a light skin Asian to bring issues in regard to Black people to subvert the status quo. Some whites expect me to be on their side because they paint me and other Asians as so called "model minority." When I flip the script on them, it shocks them. We're both women of color, but I acknowledge the differential treatment.

I often here that black women are undesirable because they're loud and they're not supportive of their men when it comes to desirability in the dating scene. I find it absolutely ludicrous especially when it comes from other black men on why they don't date black women.

The reason why I use those examples is to show there are various nuances to oppression. It's not as cut and dry as you make it to be. From what I hear, the white media paint how there are a lot of single black mothers. I'm aware what they're doing is divisive because they focus on the black community so much but it doesn't change the fact across the board in our society no matter their race, women are responsible for the children and childcare for them if they work. Why is it always the woman's character come into question when she flip the script and never the men?

The list went in depth into this and yet you fail to see how as a male living in a patriarchal system how you're more privileged than a woman. I'm aware of the divisiveness used to divide black women and men. One by giving her a job and another to deprive a man of his self-suffiency. Some black men when feel helpless to feel powerful rape. Rape happens across the board no matter what race. Please do not tell me that rape doesn't happen to black women.

Asian men rape, Hispanic men rape, Native men rape, White men rape, and Black men rape [Don't get it twisted thinking I'm saying all men].

What do these races of men have in common? Patriarchy. Sexism. Misogny. If White men were the only one raping, then I'll rethink my framework.

Ill keep this very simple. The crux of your arguments are based on a position of victimization.

You don't know what it means to live in this society a black man because you're not black.

Yet you have the unmitigated gall to assign privilege to Black men having never had the experience of being Black or male. That's mighty white of you lol.

Yes we live in a patriarchal society but more importantly a white supremacist society. My Black person will tell you that the latter trumps the former.

So you can pretend or imagine all you want about Black males having privilege, the reality I Privilege in this society was designed for the benefit of white men. Ask OJ about that lol

Last but not least. You're attempting to equate male chauvinism with oppression. This is why when ask you to show how black do this systematically you try to dodge the question by talking that B.S. by claiming its not that cut and dry. That's a cop out and a crock of ...t

Ill keep this very simple. The crux of your arguments are based on a position of victimization.

You don't know what it means to live in this society a black man because you're not black.

Yet you have the unmitigated gall to assign privilege to Black men having never had the experience of being Black or male. That's mighty white of you lol.

Yes we live in a patriarchal society but more importantly a white supremacist society. My Black person will tell you that the latter trumps the former.

So you can pretend or imagine all you want about Black males having privilege, the reality I Privilege in this society was designed for the benefit of white men. Ask OJ about that

Wow, you calling it victimization when a woman says it and then turn around and say how bad it is for black men in a racist white supremacist? That's not victimization either I guess.

Like I said, reading comprehension is low here as I prefaced everything and addressed all your points.Can't wrapped your head around complex issues no? What don't you get about intersection of various isms [racism, sexism, etc.] If you don't do the work, it's your problem. I'm here with people who wants to stop all forms of oppression not compartmentalize one for another. All things are interconnected.

All you giving me is circular argument without addressing the crux of the issue. I never claim to be black and I hope you're not claiming to be a woman to know what it is like to be a woman. Other black women have voiced their opinions about how they're treated. I don't need to be black to have empathy for another human being. I understand how various intersection of various oppression work. OJ's case was a blend of race and class. But dude did beat his wife. That's sexism. But I guess that doesn't matter hmmm?

Don't tag me [not just referencing you] if you can't handle the answer. I thought we're here for deep conversation, but I guess not.

I'm respectfully bowing out of this conversation. Peace!

Wow, you calling it victimization when a woman says it and then turn around and say how bad it is for black men in a racist white supremacist? That's not victimization either I guess.

Like I said, reading comprehension is low here as I prefaced everything and addressed all your points.Can't wrapped your head around complex issues no? What don't you get about intersection of various isms [racism, sexism, etc.] If you don't do the work, it's your problem. I'm here with people who wants to stop all forms of oppression not compartmentalize one for another. All things are interconnected.

All you giving me is circular argument without addressing the crux of the issue. I never claim to be black and I hope you're not claiming to be a woman to know what it is like to be a woman. Other black women have voiced their opinions about how they're treated. I don't need to be black to have empathy for another human being. I understand how various intersection of various oppression work. OJ's case was a blend of race and class. But dude did beat his wife. That's sexism. But I guess that doesn't matter hmmm?

Don't tag me [not just referencing you] if you can't handle the answer. I thought we're here for deep conversation, but I guess not.

I'm respectfully bowing out of this conversation. Peace!

lol complex issues. The OJ civil trail was the quintessential example of the myth privilege. You overlooked this point or conveniently avoided it.

Yes I said victimization when a woman says it because its not systemic. I already told you there is no consensus among black women as to what constitutes male oppression or victimization.

There are scores black men in Jail because a woman claimed they were victimized (raped,beaten,robbed) by a black man.

So don't act like women don't play the victim when its convenient for them at the detriment of black men.

Racism/white supremacy affects Black people as whole. You being a light skin Asian woman is new to the game of white supremacy. You pose no threat to white men. Lets be real, when it comes to privilege, white women and light skin Asian women have more privilege than most black women. So don't get it twisted. The two former groups are the main beneficiaries of affirmative action.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back