destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Peace and Blessings Family,

We're going to do warning / violations / moderation different than we have in the past.

This will be the first piece of this new system ... public warnings being issued to the violating post.

When you violate any one of our 13 rules ... you'll receive a warning in that post, that will also appear on your profile page ... and a private conversation will be sent to you too, notifying you of the warning ... that you can't respond to ... but you're welcome to open a new thread in the Violations Forum ... to talk about if you'd like.

Each warning will have a point or two associated with it (along with an expiration date), and when you reach a total of 5 points, your access to the community will automatically be limited. Some rule violations will have more and/or different points or consequences associated with it. I'm still figuring that part out, which rule violations will get what consequence. As it's determined, you all will know.

In an effort to bring this first piece to the table ... warnings given over the next few days, will not count in real life ... :look: ... but it will allow us to see the kinds of things that will be warned (things that folk have gotten away with in the past) ... allowing everyone to adjust their behavior so that they can stay within the rules.

For example, i don't think yall see yourselves personalizing the discussion ... so i'm going to show you ... every time i see it ... with a warning ... and you'll receive a point or two ... and when you reach 5 your access will be limited.

So we can use this transition period for us all to learn the system ... as well as adjust ourselves if necessary.

Another important piece to this new system ... that will be coming soon ... is that ... if you are a [USERGROUP=9]Premium Member[/USERGROUP] you will have the opportunity to issue warnings ... be Moderators ... if you choose ... if your behavior has been rule abiding ... if you are folk i can work with on my TEAM ... if i can feel confident that you will be fair, unbiased, and welcoming to all ... so many things go into being a part of my TEAM ... managing this community ... but Premium Members that fit the bill ... and want to help in this capacity ... will be much appreciated.

That's coming soon ... but for now ... we're trying out the new warning system.

There has been a LOT OF PERSONALIZING THE DISCUSSIONS!

There has been a LOT OF NAME CALLING.

These are rule violations ... review all 13 Rules ... or else you're problee not finna be happy with me.

From this point forward ... we'll be seeing new warnings for violations ... who's gonna be first?

If you have any questions, just ask.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

Okay ... i made test be first ... :)

You should be able to see the post i warned them about.

You should be able to see the warning tab on their profile page.

And of course, you can't see the private conversation sent to them, but they can't respond to it anyway ... must start a new thread (out in the open) if you wanna talk about it ... in the Violations Forum.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAY USSSSSSSSSSS ... :yaay:

Love You!

Destee

How is saying Corvo is a disciple of Blackbird calling him names? That's the same as saying James and John the disciples of Jesus is calling them names.

Definition of disciple (n)
Bing Dictionary
  • dis·ci·ple
  • [ di sī́p'l ]
  1. follower of person or idea: somebody who believes in and follows the teachings of a leader, a philosophy, or a religion
  2. original follower of Jesus Christ: in the Bible, one of the 12 original followers of Jesus Christ
Corvo's statement puts him squarely in the first definition. There was no name-calling. It was a legitimate designation of his position.

That's not his name.

That's not the name he registered as.

Not only is it name-calling, it's personalizing the discussion.

It's not about him, or your perception of him being a disciple to anyone.

You personalize the discussion without even knowing i think.

But it's okay ... i'll be showing you every time i see it ... i got your back ... :)

Love You!

Destee

So I should have done as he did and address another poster to show disrespect for the opinions of other posters on the thread as Corvo did when he said, "That's okay, Blackbird, they don't know what they're talking about" (something like that)? I appreciate that you have a tough job in having to answer reports, but taking up for the pot when he calls the kettle black is not right.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back