Brother AACOOLDRE : New Vision of Blackman in the 21st Century

Discussion in 'AACOOLDRE' started by AACOOLDRE, Aug 5, 2005.

1. AACOOLDRE

AACOOLDRE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +400
    A Vision of the future of
    The Blackman…looking
    Towards the 21st Century

By Andre Austin

My vision of the future of the Blackman for the 21st century is filled with positive perceptual images of a survivor that summoned the will, resolve, and the resiliency to survive an era while under seize by an egressed 20th century. A survivor with a willful insistence to meet the unforeseen challenges of the 21st Century.

As the Blackman actively engages the 21st century, I’m confident that the negative images, caricatures, and stereotypes of Hustlers, Pimps, Rappers with demented flows, drug dealers, and criminals, will be stigmas of the past, replaced with constructive images conducive toward reformation of himself and his community. Gone will be the socioeconomic decadence of a beleaguered community beset with gang violence, female-headed households, teenage pregnancies, Black on Black crime & feuds and moral degeneracy. The black man, through a renewed resolve to address and redress these societal ills, has activated a resurgence of activism that has galvanized the African-American community.

For example: the greatest community activism ever witnessed by the black community and the nation, [in my humble opinion], was the Million Man March (MMM) held in 1995 in the nation’s capital for the purpose of Atonement, making Amends, reflection, and spiritual renewal. This unprecedented march generated a ground swell of community activism I’m hoping will be repeated at the Millions More Movement this year resulting in a renaissance in the African-American community. The MMM and the offshoots of the Million Family March woke myself up to be more family orientated and committed in life. These monumental events was a social phenomenon in the annals of American and African-American history. The MMM went on far reaching numbers of 800,000 to 1.9 million black men finally summoned the courage and conviction to confront the anti-social behavior of their community with a resolve to eradicate it. Reaching out to other African-American men, healing broken bonds of ideological differences in an age that ignited divisiveness, challenged the contemporary perception of the black male as violent and somewhat lower on the moral rungs of society’s ladder. It was a monolithic pilgrimage that elevated the consciousness of the black male enabling him to take an introspective and retrospective look at himself and his community. It was a day he put aside his self-loathing, and espoused black pride, self-reliance, and autonomy with a communal focus toward a positive 21st Century.

The march and subsequent marches sets the stage for the blueprints of the 21st century. It enables the Blackman to prepare for the next 50 years by making transitions academically/freedom papers, acquisition of Land/freedom from landlords, politically/picking good leaders, socially/shedding the old ***** cartoon image and economically. We as a community should be impelled inexhaustibly to prioritize vital issues and concerns that directly affects our community.

The Blackman’s first priority is to create a positive self-image with an emphasis on love for self and one’s people by dismantling the yoke of his shackled Eurocentric mindset of capital being the center of a human’s mind and spirit. As this theology slowly evaporates the reformation and renaissance of the black community will ferment and grow as it already has done. Possibly and maybe subliminally entrenched within the black man’s psyche was 400 years of deeply ingrained racial inferiority and self-diminishment created by his slave legacy . This negative Eurocentric legacy of socialization and social engineering has to be put in the grave of the 20th century, gated & locked never to be allowed in the mind of the 21st century man. As a man thinks that is what he will Be. Likewise, as a people are perceived becomes the way they inevitably perceive themselves. Sad but true.

The black man’s Eurocentric mindset is gradually being replaced by an afro-centric one, a prerequisite toward self-discovery, acceptance, and communalism. However, I must caution the reader not to misconstrue an afro-centric mindset with black racism because the two are not synonymous. I do not advocate any form of racism. Racism in any form is counterproductive to any culture, community or nation. Racism, regardless of its origins, tears at the fabric of our society and our existence. It is up to each and everyone of us to eliminate it.

An Afro-centric mindset will instill within the Blackman a renewed “Village” concept that was evident in the African-American community before the onslaught of drugs, black on black crime ,and the horrific breakdown of black extended families. This consciousness will once again enable the Blackman to be responsible role model for his children and his community. Hillary Clinton was in touch with this concept when she wrote It takes a Village.

African American children is the black man’s investment for his future for the 21st Century. It’s imperative that he build a better community and world for them and his legacy. We must pass on to our children deeds to houses, bank books and libraries of books detailing the positive pursuits of our own genealogy trees. We must teach our kids the basic fundamental of capitalism is like three seeds: you eat one, sell one and save the third for a rainy day. Our Children must be able to recite from memory the outstanding productivity and contributions blacks have made to capitalism.

The more we invest and prepare the more empowered we will become. We must turn prison walls into emerald bricks of newly resurrected lives on Wall street. We must become equipped with the necessary entrepreneurial adeptness and inventiveness to elevate our station in life by harnessing our monies for development instead of throwing it away into a vast deep sea of consumption. We must strive to have black fortune 500 companies operating in this land of the Free. We must emphasize computer literacy, telecommunications, vocational and technical skills that will enable us to effectively compete in a global community and market. This is my vision of the future of black man in America. Seeing our hearts green under one big tent, our pockets falling knee deep in green C-notes and our souls under a emerald/green throne high up in the sky.

Andre Austin

2. OldSoul

OldSoul Permanent Black Man PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Staying Alive
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +976
    OutStanDing!!!!

I salute you for having the courage to post this, Brother Andre. It is a great example of how we change the world by changing the world around us. We do that by, first, changing our mindset. We cant do what we cant see. We cant be what we cant imagine.
    Some people say, 'I'll believe it when I see it'. Leaders say, 'I'll see it when I believe it'.

3. AACOOLDRE

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +400
    Thanks for the compliment.
    I just hope that people really read what i'm saying

4. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    aac,

good post. exactly what do u mean by black racism? can u give me some examples?

5. AACOOLDRE

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +400
    Black racism isn't the same as white racism because we dont have the power to inflict social,economic,political racism that whites do. When i say black racism it just an excessive,extreme ill will towards whites in general without qualifying first its individual contents of character.

Thank U very much for your compliment

6. Moorfius

Moorfius Well-Known Member MEMBER

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +27
    New Vision for the Future

Hotep

The future will demand absolute unity from a people that were created for unity. If we Afrikans don't have a extream dislike for the way and manner we have suffered then we will find our selves in a compromised position over and over again with a people that don't understand any thing "Spiritual" with out force-ing changes to the Natural Order of Things.
    Afrikans don't have a history for ever being "Raceist" and we all know history repeats itself, or does it??

Ase`

7. Therious

Therious Banned MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    yes i must agree with moorfius. any afrikan than hates whites is simply being intellegent, no racist in my eyes. That doesnt mean go around hating on or comitting violent crimes against people. simply means dont trust, and deal with them with a firm hand.

8. AACOOLDRE

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +400
    Everyone should hate hate
    Hate discrimination,etc
    But dont hate just for hate
    Hate individuals for the sins/crimes they do.
    Hate sin not skin color