Police : New Video Emerges of Police Shooting Kajieme Powell in St. Louis

Donate

Please support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp - Thank you.

shaka64

Feb 15, 2007
africa
Occupation
Photographer
Yes, I agree. They should have subdued him. But not all cops act the same, or maybe the police protocols vary from state to state. Regardless, I stand by what I said. Provoking the police and walking towards them with a menacing attitude is a death wish is America, regardless of your race.

For example:

bah...I wanted to post was a news article about Andrew Scott Gaynier, another unarmed young man (this time white) shot dead by the Dallas police for apparently charging at them shouting "shoot me"...but the website doesn't let me post links. :em4200:
you keep saying provoking the police, they are not above the law. They are supposed to be trained to handle these situations without taking a life. If a person is in my face talking mess do I have the right to kill him?

Liliana

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jul 14, 2014
you keep saying provoking the police, they are not above the law. They are supposed to be trained to handle these situations without taking a life. If a person is in my face talking mess do I have the right to kill him?

All I'm saying is that a lot of these deaths could have been avoided if people stopped trying to act tough against the police. But they could also be avoided if the police had used non-lethal force like stun guns and tasers. Both parties are to blame here!

No, you don't have the right to kill him. However, if he had a knife and was aggressively walking towards you...

Clyde C Coger Jr

PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
All I'm saying is that a lot of these deaths could have been avoided if people stopped trying to act tough against the police. But they could also be avoided if the police had used non-lethal force like stun guns and tasers. Both parties are to blame here!

No, you don't have the right to kill him. However, if he had a knife and was aggressively walking towards you...

Not necessarily Liliana, the larger point that escapes you is the ridiculous number of black men killed by white cops; here it is again:

http://destee.com/index.php?threads...e-powell-in-st-louis.81392/page-2#post-894445

That ridiculous number of kills is 2 per week, Liliana ...

2 Black men per week are killed by a cop in America

By George E. Curry
NNPA Columnist

Occasionally, police officers behave in such as dastardly manner that it captures international attention. There was the 1997 famous video of four White LAPD officers taking turns clubbing and kicking Rodney King nearly beyond recognition after a high-speed automobile chase. In 1999, on the opposite coast, an unarmed, 23-year-old Amadou Diallo was killed after four policemen fired 41 times into his Bronx, N.Y. apartment, striking him 19 times.

http://northdallasgazette.com/2014/08/20/2-black-men-per-week-are-killed-by-a-cop-in-america/

14782383988_4e3e5efef3_o.png

Howard University students join the Hands Up Don’t Shoot movement in memory of Michael Brown (Debra Sweet via Flickr)

Kadijah

BANNED
Apr 7, 2013
Shaka, did you see anywhere in ANY video where the guy "walked TOWARD the police... knife or no knife?"

I didn't. I saw him walk AWAY from the cops then stop.... when the cops, one from about 6 feet away and the other from about 12 feet away, neither in any danger as his hands are at his sides, opened fire.

Why are we going through this :bs: .... again???

Uh, no, brother Shaka. Why are YOU entertaining this :bs: .... again? :10500:

Latest profile posts

Kemetstry wrote on Destee's profile.
What ever you've done, you can no longer post to the kitchen table
It's been a good while, but this place has always been home. Thankful to be here.
Hi! I'm not as active on this account as I want to be. For one I tend to forget that this site exists until I check my email. Two, I'm currently in the process of building up a fine art site for Oklahoma black and native historical references. The references correlate with another site that will be a storytelling site that has not yet been produced.
Happy to be back and gaining more knowledge!
Destee wrote on Cindy's profile.
Welcome Home Beloved! :wave: :love: