Black Relationships : New to Black Voice...

Discussion in 'Black Relationships' started by Immaculate, Sep 13, 2006.

1. Immaculate

Immaculate New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    :hearts4:
    Hello Everyone,

I just moved to NY. In a nutshell I am a sister who believes in God aka the infinite and I believe we are all connected. I meditate, pray, and read as much as my crazy schedule permits but I work in the entertainment industry and would love to surround myself with down to earth spiritual sisters and brothers of substance....not like some of the phony and extra materialistic folks that I've met. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? ie places to go, or groups that meet in NY?

Thanks
    Immaculate

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Sister Immaculate ... Hello and Welcome ... :wave:

So glad to have you with us! You have "stumbled" upon a great community with all of the things and kind of people you mentioned above! Just make yourself at home, join us in all that we have ... great discussions ... great poetry ... voice video chat ... where we hold great classes, and sharing of thought and information.

In addition, a truly Beloved Sister, SistahsInUnity, joined us yesterday and shared some events she and her group have going on in the NYC area. You may want to check out her threads in the Events Forum, and join her organization for Sisters Only as well.

We are currently enjoying a class led by our Beloved Brother OldSoul in voice video chat. Join us right now if you'd like.

Again ... make yourself at home, because you are!

:heart:

Destee

3. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    Hotep and Welcome Sistah Immaculate!

It is good to have you with us in the Destee Family/Community. I am from Upstate New York, however, I am now enrolled in a Small Black College in JAX, FL at the moment. As a Family/Community Member of yours, please know that we will do what we can to reach out to you the Best we can!

I have to run, so I will end by requesting that make yourself at home, and I look forward to reading your Posts, Threads, Poems, Jokes, etc. in the future!

KD

4. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    welcome to destee.
    you should not have a problem in NYC as every single group in the world is represented there. you just need to look around.
    i know the ausar auset society is at 1100 albermarle rd. in brooklyn, tauienterprises.com.
    that would be a start.

5. cursed heart

cursed heart Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +38