Site News : New Site Search Feature For Everyone

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Destee, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Peace and Blessings Family,

For a number of years, the ability to search our site (at destee.com), has been reserved for Premium Members.

That has changed today, with the addition of a site search feature that is available to everyone.

You can find this new search feature on all of our pages. Below are graphics highlighting where this new feature can be found.

[​IMG]

The above is an image of the search box on the home page (shout out page).

[​IMG]

The above is an image of the search box at the top of all other pages.

Premium Members still have some pretty awesome search functionality unique to only them. The ability to search for any and all posts, threads, of a particular Member, including listing only (and all of) their own as well. In fact, Premium Members can access this feature from any Member's profile page, the ability to search all of their posts and/or threads. The ability to narrow searches to a specific forum. The ability to order the searches by date, as well as a few others I'm sure.

Our home is so rich with information, it's difficult for anyone to come in and find anything specific without some search functionality ... so here it is.

We shall see how it goes, and if all goes well, it will remain this way forever ... if not ... things will change.

I'm sure you all will enjoy this new feature, as I am already!

If you have any questions, let us know.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

2. TXDiamond

TXDiamond Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +142
    Thanks Destee! This will help prevent double posting.:)

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680

Thank You Sister TXDiamond !!!

When I see 'double-posting' I think of when a Member posts a thread (or a post) and it automatically, by accident, immediately posts twice ... the very same thing ... i.e. ... double post or duplicate post. This can't usually be avoided, some quirk in the system, and we (The Moderating TEAM) just delete the duplicate when we see it, or when a Member lets us know it has happened to them.

Double-posting could also be when a Member intentionally posts the exact same thread in different forums, one behind the other ... trying to give their thread / topic / self-promotion double exposure ... which isn't allowed ... and we delete those too (and warn).

But if a Member comes in and wants to start a thread on polygamy (for example), they do not have to check to see if there is already a thread with that topic ... for as i've been playing around with the new search feature ... we have a GAZILLION polygamy discussions!

It's okay to start a new thread on an old / already discussed topic. Oftentimes there are new folk involved in the discussion, new perspectives, and the old discussions are ... well ... old ... and one doesn't have to continue those if they don't want to (though they can if they'd like).

Just so you know Sister ... you can start a thread on any topic ... even if we already have a thread on it.

Love You and Enjoy! :toast:

:heart:

Destee

4. TXDiamond

TXDiamond Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +142
    Thanks for letting me know. :)

5. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician