Black People : New Orleans will Never "look" the same

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Sekhemu, Sep 7, 2005.

1. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    Will the New, New Orleans be predominantly black as it was before Hurricane Katrina

Family

I was listening to a public radio show this afternoon, and An African American Editor in Chief of a online website named The Black Commentator in Louisiana.

During the interview he pointed out that there is no paper trail for most of the black population of New Orleans.That most of our people there have been scattered in a diaspora, and there is no way for most of them to claim un-employment insurance, or any kind of insurance for that matter.

He went on to say that when New Orleans if finally rebuilt, most of it's inhabitants will be white, instead of black as it was before the hurricane.

www.blackcommentator.com

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
  3. Sekhemu

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
  4. kente417mojo

kente417mojo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +34

Good, so next time New Orleans gets a huge hurricane, there will be no black folks washed away. I like that plan.

5. Sekhemu

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064

I'm not too sure about that, I would imagine they'll be a comprehensive plan to evacuate every man, woman, child and pet in town.

6. Steve69

Steve69 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    I think it will depend on who the mayor is. Just saw a report that showed a lot full of new orleans flooded school buses that are now ruined. The report said the local schools used the buses to carry more children each day than the number of people that were at the super dome.
    Sounds like the buses should have been saved and used to transport people 100 miles inland. If the mayor was on the front line and knew of the danger why not bus the people out since they had the transport.

7. Wisdom7

Wisdom7 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    LOL!! Yeah, I saw where there was this white lady at a bar in the French quarters and the she told reporters that the police told her that her and her friends probably wouldn't have to evacuate because the city wanted people like them to stay. So the reporter asked what the police meant when they told her that, and she goes "well you know, productive citizens"

Then another white lady was talking about how they are going to rebuild and it will be great in the regards to real estate ventures.

So u already know just wanted to wash out the blacks and the poor. I think the rescue effort is so slow, because Bush hasn't seen enough of us die.

Like when he said they'll have an investigation as to what went "right" and what went wrong. Death and destruction is never right. But the fact that feels there was something right in this, you know he's happy as h--ll.

Great seeing / hearing you in chat tonight Sekemu

Peace and Love

8. Deepvoice

Deepvoice Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    That is real funny Sek, lol. What wouldn't be funny would be if Washington D.C. got hit the same way New Orleans did, I think that city has a black population even more dominant than the one in Louisiana.

9. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    I beg to differ. If it is rebuilt in the interest white people, there will be an immense flood and hurricane defense wall and everything else in place. New Orleans is a done deal and so are the black people who were in it. The black people who can't collect unemployment, can't prove who they are or anything else.

10. Sekhemu

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064

Precisely!

No matter how you slice it, the white folks who return to NO will be taken care of.