Black Education / Schools : New Movie will Put Spotlight on our Failing Public Education System

Ok. I hope some of you have had the chance to see the movie "Won't Back Down" or "Waiting For Superman". And hopefully it fired you up to hold your elected officials' feet to the fire.

BTW the Teachers strike in Chicago ended predictably. The teacher tenure is still in place and I repeat, this is the root of the problem. They do say that they will devise a plan to evaluate teachers but it is so weak it is and is meant to as a "saving face" measure for the Emanuel more than anything. Basically the teachers AKA Union Members will evaluate each other... http://www.nctq.org/p/tqb/viewStory.jsp?id=32759

Lest we forget, education is not meant to provide job security for teachers, but to EDUCATE our children.

Ok. I hope some of you have had the chance to see the movie "Won't Back Down" or "Waiting For Superman". And hopefully it fired you up to hold your elected officials' feet to the fire.

BTW the Teachers strike in Chicago ended predictably. The teacher tenure is still in place and I repeat, this is the root of the problem. They do say that they will devise a plan to evaluate teachers but it is so weak it is and is meant to as a "saving face" measure for the Emanuel more than anything. Basically the teachers AKA Union Members will evaluate each other... http://www.nctq.org/p/tqb/viewStory.jsp?id=32759

Lest we forget, education is not meant to provide job security for teachers, but to EDUCATE our children.

Is there any profession at all where job security is not desired?

Is there any profession at all where job security is not desired?

I had an accountant tell me that he had no objection to mandatory accounting in the schools as long as it was done after he retired in 6 years.

The problem is we have an economic structure where everyone has been indoctrinated to concentrate on JOBS instead of concentrate on NET WORTH. If that had begun 50 years ago how badly would most people need jobs today? We have to pay to live on land we do not own.

The schools are designed to brainwash people into being workers. But as robots and other technologies get more sophisticated we need less physical human labor.

We should have been on a 3-day work week by the 1980s. But when have you heard a politician or economist talk about that?

How can 700 year old double-entry accounting not be mandatory in the schools but kids have to read useless Shakespeare?

We trust the palefaces to design the curriculum and can't make a reading list for Black kids.

A Slave is a Slave by H. Beam Piper
http://www.feedbooks.com/book/388/a-slave-is-a-slave

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back