Black Education / Schools : New Movie will Put Spotlight on our Failing Public Education System

Discussion in 'Black Education / Schools' started by Aluku, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Aluku

Aluku Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +135
    The failing of OUR Inner City kids will hopefully gain more national attention, with this new movie coming out:

I hope you guys will check it out as well as "Waiting For Superman" Which has been out for about 2 - 3 years.

Both of these films take an honest look at the harsh realities facing Inner City students and the root causes!

It is this issue that is most responsible for me creating this thread a while ago, because of the DNC's marriage to the "Teacher's Unions"

http://destee.com/index.php?threads/why-we-should-abandon-the-democratic-party.72009/unread

2. Asomfwaa

Asomfwaa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,564
    More national attention?

Roughly 90% of Africans in America over 40 heard of the story of Tawana Brawley.

Roughly 90% of Africans in America under 30 never heard that story.

The European does not fail you--he succeeds at his aims. The European does exactly what he wants to do: Put you in prison and control how you think. And the truth is that it'd be hard for him to do anything else.

The question is where are our responsibilities. Here you are promoting a European solution to an African problem. You want us to accept the idea that Europeans can fix our schools.

The various ethnicities of America run afterschool programs. Dr. John Henrik Clarke himself, like many Southerners of his era, was taught in one-room schools.

With all of the property we own, how many of us gather kids in the neighborhood for an afterschool program? We're busy? Get a tutor. Can't afford a tutor? Share a tutor. Voila, your afterschool program!

I went to public school and the student next to me had a personal tutor, his folk shelled out $1,000 for him to do well on the SAT--which itself isn't a worthy goal.

But say we ignore our luxury televisions and vehicles and say that we can't afford $1,000; how many of us can afford $100 and hosting a group of ten kids to sit on the session? If we can't afford that then you know who fails our kids.

3. Shikamaru

Shikamaru Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,989
    Sounds like its time to head to lifeboat #7 and let the "Titanic" ride down to the ocean floor ....

4. Aluku

United States
    Ratings:
    +135
    Last time I checked we're not in Africa.

Many here like to talk the talk but DON'T live in Africa!

Our REAL strength is taking the card we were dealt and make the best of it.

If someone is dealing with a spoiled deck AND you know it, why keep playing with him?!

5. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    I think you completely missed the points that Bro. ABSiblings made in his response to your thread but I'll allow him to address that with you.

In the meantime, can you further explain what you meant by the statements you made that I highlighted in blue?

6. Asomfwaa

Asomfwaa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,564
    We're not in Europe either. But did that stop the Colonizers from making Europe in America?

How dumb would the White colonists be to do as the Americans did because they were in America? Now how smart are we to do as the European does when we're not even in Europe?

We're not in Africa, Africa is within us. We're so messed up because we are in Europe and are fighting to put Europe in us; even though Europe doesn't belong in America and definitely, definitely, definitely doesn't belong in an African.

7. MsVeraisblessed

MsVeraisblessed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,148
    I'm not going to say nuff'n til i see the movie...BTW,..where's jamesfrmphilly ? I haven't seen him on here in a cool minute.

8. Aluku

United States
    Ratings:
    +135
    Sure.

1. We as a people, who were brought to the new world, need to make the best of our situation. That means thrive within the system we live.

2. The Teachers Unions are dealing us a bad hand. Why should we accept that?

9. Aluku

United States
    Ratings:
    +135
    Let me ask you this.

Is learning math European? Is learning Algebra European? Is learning Science European? etc etc

10. Aluku

United States
    Ratings:
    +135
    There you go. Go with an open mind. I have seen "Waiting For Superman"(which is actually a documentary), in some Charte
    r schools it is required for teachers to watch it! You can get a copy online if you wish.

The movie was made by the same guy who made "An Inconvenient Truth".