Black Education / Schools : New Movie will Put Spotlight on our Failing Public Education System

Aluku

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 9, 2012
The failing of OUR Inner City kids will hopefully gain more national attention, with this new movie coming out:

I hope you guys will check it out as well as "Waiting For Superman" Which has been out for about 2 - 3 years.

Both of these films take an honest look at the harsh realities facing Inner City students and the root causes!

It is this issue that is most responsible for me creating this thread a while ago, because of the DNC's marriage to the "Teacher's Unions"

http://destee.com/index.php?threads/why-we-should-abandon-the-democratic-party.72009/unread

Asomfwaa

REGISTERED MEMBER
Nov 16, 2011
More national attention?

Roughly 90% of Africans in America over 40 heard of the story of Tawana Brawley.

Roughly 90% of Africans in America under 30 never heard that story.

The European does not fail you--he succeeds at his aims. The European does exactly what he wants to do: Put you in prison and control how you think. And the truth is that it'd be hard for him to do anything else.

The question is where are our responsibilities. Here you are promoting a European solution to an African problem. You want us to accept the idea that Europeans can fix our schools.

The various ethnicities of America run afterschool programs. Dr. John Henrik Clarke himself, like many Southerners of his era, was taught in one-room schools.

With all of the property we own, how many of us gather kids in the neighborhood for an afterschool program? We're busy? Get a tutor. Can't afford a tutor? Share a tutor. Voila, your afterschool program!

I went to public school and the student next to me had a personal tutor, his folk shelled out $1,000 for him to do well on the SAT--which itself isn't a worthy goal.

But say we ignore our luxury televisions and vehicles and say that we can't afford $1,000; how many of us can afford $100 and hosting a group of ten kids to sit on the session? If we can't afford that then you know who fails our kids.

Aluku

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 9, 2012
More national attention?

Roughly 90% of Africans in America over 40 heard of the story of Tawana Brawley.

Roughly 90% of Africans in America under 30 never heard that story.

The European does not fail you--he succeeds at his aims. The European does exactly what he wants to do: Put you in prison and control how you think. And the truth is that it'd be hard for him to do anything else.

The question is where are our responsibilities. Here you are promoting a European solution to an African problem. You want us to accept the idea that Europeans can fix our schools.

The various ethnicities of America run afterschool programs. Dr. John Henrik Clarke himself, like many Southerners of his era, was taught in one-room schools.

With all of the property we own, how many of us gather kids in the neighborhood for an afterschool program? We're busy? Get a tutor. Can't afford a tutor? Share a tutor. Voila, your afterschool program!

I went to public school and the student next to me had a personal tutor, his folk shelled out $1,000 for him to do well on the SAT--which itself isn't a worthy goal.

But say we ignore our luxury televisions and vehicles and say that we can't afford $1,000; how many of us can afford $100 and hosting a group of ten kids to sit on the session? If we can't afford that then you know who fails our kids.

Last time I checked we're not in Africa.

Many here like to talk the talk but DON'T live in Africa!

Our REAL strength is taking the card we were dealt and make the best of it.

If someone is dealing with a spoiled deck AND you know it, why keep playing with him?!

Queenie

PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
Last time I checked we're not in Africa.

Many here like to talk the talk but DON'T live in Africa!

Our REAL strength is taking the card we were dealt and make the best of it.

If someone is dealing with a spoiled deck AND you know it, why keep playing with him?!

I think you completely missed the points that Bro. ABSiblings made in his response to your thread but I'll allow him to address that with you.

In the meantime, can you further explain what you meant by the statements you made that I highlighted in blue?

Is Trump Going to Prison?

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on nevar's profile.
Blessings ~ Georgia Peach
cherryblossom wrote on watzinaname's profile.
Dropping by to say, "Hi!" ,sister Watz. Hope all is well.