Black Muslims : New movie out called...'MOOZ-lum'

noor100

REGISTERED MEMBER
Aug 17, 2010
A new movie made called "MOOZ-lum". The title is making fun of how non-Muslims often mispronounce the words "Muslim" by using a "z" instead of an "s" in the words. it's about a young man who grows up in a very strict Islamic environment with his dad. When he goes to college, he drifts away from Islam...but eventually learns that it does not have to be as hard as his dad once made it. But, as he is beginning to explore Islam again, the 9/11 attacks occur...and he has to make some decisions about his life...I really wanted to post a link to the preview of the movie on youtube...but right now i am not able to post a link.Anyways,the movie look very interesting and realistic.It stars Danny Glover,Nia Long and Evan Ross.

A new movie made called "MOOZ-lum". The title is making fun of how non-Muslims often mispronounce the words "Muslim" and "Islam" by using a "z" instead of an "s" in the words. Anyways, it's about a young man who grows up in a very strict Islamic environment with his dad. When he goes to college, he drifts away from Islam...but eventually learns that it does not have to be as hard as his dad once made it. But, as he is beginning to explore Islam again, the 9/11 attacks occur...and he has to make some decisions about his life...I really wanted to post a link to the preview of the movie on youtube...but right now i am not able to post a link.Anyways,the movie look very interesting and realistic.

Heard about this movie and ''MOOz-lum'' is more an America thing, just like pronouncing Iran as EYE-Ran and eye-rack(Iraq) grates my nerves every time i hear it!

It could be but i haven't seem it yet...i tend to like Danny Glover...do you know who is over the movie??

Saw the trailer: Nia long plays the protagonist mother, I recognize the actor who plays the father but I can't recall his name..he is very fair skinned and has/had a one man show on Broadway or something like that.

And i believe the story is autobiographical.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back