Violaters / Violations : New Moderating Tool - You are Banned From the Thread!

ahhhh!! limits to thread hijacking are always good!

thank you!!!

but does this mean that the moderation team will have to watch every thread(?) and (how will the moderator) know where the thread initiator intended the thread to go? (hmm .. i think that there is more than one question in that sentence ...)

i'm with skuderjaymes in the idea that the originator would best know if someone is being "disruptive". although i can also see where such a "power" could be abused simply because the initiator doesn't like the idea that someone is seriously, accurately, questioning the validity of the position presented.

Thread hijacking isn't a rule violation ... so this new tool won't limit its happening.

Relevancy is often relative ... so ... each Member must use the ignore feature ... to moderate this.

Of course if there is some exceptional hijacking situation, please report it, and we'll take a look.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

I just don't like things being one sided, is all.:D

Also, I think only Destee should have power to ban anyone from any thread. People tend to get petty on forums, and would ban others for simple grudges they hold rather than the person legitimately acting out in the thread. Things would cease to be actual discussions that accept all points of view and more like cliques coming together to agree.

Destee plays fair with everyone, while many don't have her patience, I'd say. If you don't want someone in your thread, you could always not start a thread or put them on ignore so you don't have to see their posts, but the decision of whether someone is being disruptive and should be banned therein should always go to a Moderator, I believe.

Can a ban be challenged?

I'm just a member here, but pretty certain it cannot.

Destee, I believe this member, Ronald, has a question for you.

Thank You Sister Angela ... :love: ... but yes ... management decisions can be challenged ... :love:

So, can I ban you from my thread for acting up?

After more consideration, i've found your questions great ... and added them to our FAQs ... :toast1:

Can I ban, warn, or moderate Destee for acting up, breaking rules, etc.?

Can a ban be challenged?

Can a ban (management decision) be challenged?

If you have more questions, just ask.

Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back