Discussion in 'Black Teenagers - Teenz Exprezzed!' started by DeeDee87, Nov 25, 2004.

1. DeeDee87

DeeDee87 Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    I am a new member and I hope that I am welcome to the fam.
    Just to tell y'all a little about myself I am 17 years old live in Houston TX. I am in high school and go to Cypress Ridge High School but I like Cypress Ridge High School better. I love writing.

2. panafrica

panafrica Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +194
    Welcome to Destee.com!

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Hello Sister DeeDee ... Welcome :wave:

It is a pleasure to have you with us and thanks for introducing yourself.

Sister DeeDee ... i'm a Momma, and when i read your post above, some initial thoughts came to mind. I hope you don't mind me sharing them with you, 'cause they are in the "Momma vein" and i don't want to be too overbearing ... but here goes ... imagine this Sister ...

You are on the Internet, and you have found a warm and inviting community to join, so you introduce yourself ... you share your age (which happens to be a teenager, young, naive to a degree, and tender), you share your city, and go so far as to share the name of your school. Now what if in this community, there is a krazee, deranged, serial-killer type person lurking, reading, waiting for some young lady to share enough about themselves so they can find you (hunt you down) and steal you! :eeek: Perhaps what you initially shared isn't enough to pin you down, as the school probably has quite a few 17 year old females ... but if you continue being relaxed, comfortable, and sharing more personal tidbits about yourself, they'll be able to put 2 and 2 together ... and waiting outside your school for you to leave?!

Do you think this could happen Sister?

You have to be careful and consciously consider the things you share about yourself on the Internet. This is a very warm and inviting community, but i don't want you or any of our youth to let their guard down and forget where they are ... on the Internet ... where folk can befriend you, saying exactly what you want and need to hear, in order for you to trust them ... only to violate that trust later.

You're too beautiful, too wonderful, and too precious. Just some food for thought Sister.

Remain forever focused.

Again. Welcome Welcome Welcome ! :love:

:heart:

Destee

4. gempis

gempis Well-Known Member MEMBER

strength coach
    Ratings:
    +32
    I've got a lotta lotta momma in me too, little sister, and I think Destee's right. Be careful about what you share, and we moderators will do our part to watch out for you here. Make yourself at home and welcome to the community!! :dance3:

5. Lloyd

Lloyd Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    You are welcome

Howdy sister!I wish u'll enjoy the time spend with us!You are welcome!Be ready to receive love and support and to give it too!Have a nice day!May God bless you
    Lloyd

6. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    You introduced yourself to thefamily, but you have not met the whole entire family! Get to know me.

I played football and ran track in High School, and last year I graduated with Honors and ranked as one of the Nation's Top Students in Career Education. And all year long, I was helping out people young people like you serving as a 'born leader' around the school, so I will have no problem at all helping you out when you need it, whatever I can do be helpful, you just let me know.

In case Destee herself did not tell you, you are a member of the Best Family in the Land! there are plenty of role-models, leaders, and supporters here for you that care about you.

Why don't you make yourself at home, peep through some of the past threads and posts, read columns, join online classes if you can, join the brothas and sistahs on Voice Chat if you can, read poetry, and whatever else you can do to make your time worth while.

It was nice meeting you, and I look forward to hearing from you, and reading your posts. Remember, if you want to talk about anything, just let me or any of the others know.

God Bless you, and welcome to the Family!

Cedric Denson

7. Froggy1

Froggy1 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    Sup'

I want y'all to know me too. I'm a Honduran basketball player from Cali. I'm probably one of the lankiest ballplayersyou'll ever know.